Elite breakfast / happy hour questions

pepele

11 hours ago, Liao said:

So Elite's get a lesser breakfast than if they ate in the MDR or if in Retreat?  Oh they also get a splash of booze in a breakfast drink?  I'm curious as to what makes it special?

We try to go a few times per cruise.

Special because it is quieter, less hectic, and a nicer venue than ghe buffet or mdr.  Cap Club host/ess often attends to answer questions,  coffee is usually better.

Food choices are plentiful..even if its not a hot cooked meal.  And there's the mimosa or "specialty" coffee.

One can go to BLU or elsewhere for full bkfst, and then stop in for coffee, danish etc.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IDL said:

plus I had “morning hair” as I was going to the gym after I digested breakfast so I wore a baseball cap 🧢

You mean they didn't tell you to put the cap back on? 😆 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s a lovely quiet way to start your morning away from the crowds. 

Totally agree and service is quick as they're not that busy. I remember a few years ago I waited 30 minutes in the MDR to be served a bowl of cereal. I was solo at a 2 topper and they forgot about me. 

49 minutes ago, hcat said:

We try to go a few times per cruise.

Special because it is quieter, less hectic, and a nicer venue than ghe buffet or mdr.  Cap Club host/ess often attends to answer questions,  coffee is usually better.

Food choices are plentiful..even if its not a hot cooked meal.  And there's the mimosa or "specialty" coffee.

One can go to BLU or elsewhere for full bkfst, and then stop in for coffee, danish etc.. 

Other than the danish which I can't eat, There is nothing on that menu that says breakfast to me. 

We go to Elite breakfast maybe once or twice and then to Eden for another different choice from the MDR. My only issue with Elite breakfast is that the bagels are not that good and very cold.  One has a  good coffee and morning beverage selection and and no crowds. Totally different from the MDR.

Access to Captain Club rep is an easy way to get answers to any questions instead of waiting in line at her desk when they are open.  

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Other than the danish which I can't eat, There is nothing on that menu that says breakfast to me. 

Try the smoked salmon with capers on bagel. Healthier than the Danish and won't spike your blood sugar if thats what you're watching. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Certainly it isn’t a full American or English breakfast, it isn’t meant to be…It is a continental breakfast, served on a platter or buffet style. Much as I love a ‘traditional’ full egg, bacon and all the trimmings breakfast a couple of times a cruise I can happily enjoy a salmon bagel or a cold meat section some mornings too.

We once did an Asian cruise on an Asian cruise line….You should have seen some of their buffet breakfast offerings. They did have a continental stand and an ‘English breakfast’ stand but there was everything from raw fish to noodles to chicken wings. Did we stick to the ‘English’ offerings? No, with a good deal of sign language we tried lots of things! Some we liked, some we didn’t but we certainly had variety in our breakfasts!

As others have said, the Elite breakfast isn’t all about the food. It is about the relaxed and quiet ambiance, friendly service and venue…Perhaps pop in early one cruise day for just a coffee and a fruit plate before moving on to second and third breakfast elsewhere…

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Certainly it isn’t a full American or English breakfast, it isn’t meant to be…It is a continental breakfast, served on a platter or buffet style. Much as I love a ‘traditional’ full egg, bacon and all the trimmings breakfast a couple of times a cruise I can happily enjoy a salmon bagel or a cold meat section some mornings too.

We once did an Asian cruise on an Asian cruise line….You should have seen some of their buffet breakfast offerings. They did have a continental stand and an ‘English breakfast’ stand but there was everything from raw fish to noodles to chicken wings. Did we stick to the ‘English’ offerings? No, with a good deal of sign language we tried lots of things! Some we liked, some we didn’t but we certainly had variety in our breakfasts!

As others have said, the Elite breakfast isn’t all about the food. It is about the relaxed and quiet ambiance, friendly service and venue…Perhaps pop in early one cruise day for just a coffee and a fruit plate before moving on to second and third breakfast elsewhere…

In the morning I get a Pistachio latte from Cafe El Bacio then on to Elite breakfast same deck on E class ships for a fruit plate or salmon bagel and a mimosa. Every third day or so I go to MDR for a big breakfast minus the Danish.  Came home the same weight after my 15 night TA this April. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Are you Hobbits? 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast…

When on a cruise I simply cannot enjoy a big breakfast, lunch and dinner…Some days at breakfast I simply want something light in a pleasant environment with good service a great view and a Bellini to kick start the day! 

Is there a problem with a couple of breakfast 🤔😉😁

You also need to  fit in time for 11’ezs 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

You mean they didn't tell you to put the cap back on? 😆 

Nope, just kept the hat in my lap. We usually book Aqua class and I have worn a baseball cap to Blu for breakfast numerous time and nobody ever said a word; go figure. 

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

It looked like a very Italian or European type breakfast menu to me, which I really enjoy when I am in Italy.  It looks almost identical to the "breakfast" that was included in my hotel in Venice.  Again, may be because of the vibe, but I will look forward to giving it a try on the ship, be nice to mix it up a bit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

what do you eat for bkfst?

I enjoy the bagels, lox, cheeses, yogurt,  fruit..and  cereals.  .Sometimes I have seen hard boiled eggs..

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, IDL said:

Nope, just kept the hat in my lap. We usually book Aqua class and I have worn a baseball cap to Blu for breakfast numerous time and nobody ever said a word; go figure. 

they sell very nice expanded head bands that I wear to the gym, etc.    Available CVS, Amazon, Dicks

Sorry abt your cap..seems they are enforcing "no caps" on both genders 

download-1.webp

download.webp

Edited by hcat

I went a couple of times on our last  cruise for the strawberry smoothies. Got addicted to them when dining in Lulminae on several previous Retreat cruises. No more Retreat for us now as Zenith. So, I look forward to a future few smoothies on our next cruises. Have never tried the bagel with smoked salmon, but will give it a go next time. 

Good tip for strawberry smoothies.

I am looking forward to those.

Will be looking for fresh squeezed OJ on Beyond.

Not sure if FSOJ is available at Elite Bfast or anywhere else for that matter??

7 hours ago, IDL said:

We have been Elite for quite some time and finally tried the Elite breakfast on our last Apex cruise.  It was served with the limited menu posted on this thread and was certainly quieter than the buffet and less time consuming than the MDR.  That said it was more of a change of pace but not something we choose to do more than one day on a ten day cruise (plus I had “morning hair” as I was going to the gym after I digested breakfast so I wore a baseball cap 🧢 which I was asked to remove, which I did but was somewhat surprised since we have seen people in shorts and non-collared shirts at dinner in the MDR so a bit of selective enforcement of rules but no big deal).

On our last cruise at lunch time in Luminae DH was asked to take off his Polo style baseball hat. She said hats are fine, just not baseball style hats.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s a lovely quiet way to start your morning away from the crowds. 

Yes, and add in the attentive service with a beautiful view. We often pick up our sudokus on the way and struggle though them while we enjoy all the treats!

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

Yes, we have also had great breakfasts in Asian hotels. My go to breakfast is grilled salmon and rice.HK4.thumb.jpg.71641362030a164b6d2ae8d7be86950b.jpgHK2.thumb.jpg.ba8556d22d2ecf93c89b801718336030.jpgHK3.thumb.jpg.1e43db900e97756d15a2ac7ff65f46e2.jpg  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

if elite numbers are high it will be buffet style, I like that they often have mango and papaya. They will serve your bagel toasted if you ask

That is one problem with the Elite Breakfast, they cannot guarantee there is no mango in the smoothies as my wife is allergic to mango 

9 hours ago, chemmo said:

They did have a continental stand and an ‘English breakfast’ stand but there was everything from raw fish to noodles. Did we stick to the ‘English’ offerings? 

Wot!?! No kippers!?!

10 hours ago, hcat said:

what do you eat for bkfst?

I enjoy the bagels, lox, cheeses, yogurt,  fruit..and  cereals.  .Sometimes I have seen hard boiled eggs..

Omelettes or eggs, bacon, pancakes or toast.  I can't remember the last time I ate cereals. Cruise ship bagels are worse than Florida bagels. I'm not interested in a charcuterie board for breakfast but it would be nice in the afternoon. We get the drink package so I can get a Mimosa with real Champagne and not made with the headache water they use for the free stuff.

• Like 2