Price Increase on Specialty Dining

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I chatted with four different DRO's this week and they are pulling their hair out figuring how to accommodate the SD requests that will be coming with this new Premier upgrade.

As usual, corporate management did not discuss this upgrade with them prior to the decision to offer it.  

Not discussing how plans will work with those who are tasked with implementing management’s & marketing’s schemes is a common trait on Princess.

I was skeptical when Princess added food & drink deliveries around the ship & expected the same number of crew to add this additional task to their duties…no wonder they too often are frazzled attempting to implement tasks created by those at HQ.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That was my experience at Sabatini’s on Discovery in April. I didn’t have a package so don’t know if the 18% tip was added to those included specialty dinners or not.

Just off the Grand no 18% on embarkation suite perk but on the one we paid for the 18% was added to the standard fee. We do not rebook SD’s but just book through suite concierges or suite breakfast managers. Of course it does help that we are not people who want to eat rarly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I chatted with four different DRO's this week and they are pulling their hair out figuring how to accommodate the SD requests that will be coming with this new Premier upgrade.

As usual, corporate management did not discuss this upgrade with them prior to the decision to offer it.  

13 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

They might have to make a change once this upgrade blows up in their face with complaints!

And guest services will also be pulling out their hair by having to deal with upset passengers with no solutions due to corporate & marketing mismanagement creating unworkable situations…once again the crew takes the heat. 🥴

• Like 4

My understanding from our experience in April on the Enchanted - the two included SD dinners (at that time it was two included) - there was no extra charge against our folio.  The one time extra we went for SD on our own dime the 18% was added and showed up the next day on our folio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Boku said:

Looking on the app for my upcoming cruise Sabatini's has gone up from $35 to $45 per person. Thats a big increase!

makes the Premier package all that much more valuable, huh - UNLIMITED* 

• Like 2

My fear is that Princess evenutally downgrades the MD menus with the intent of trying to force the rest of us over into a package. I hope I'm over thinking this.   A package doesn't work for us.

• Like 1

Last week, I made reservations for The Catch for our Feb cruise on the Sky.  I had it charged to my credit card as we are Plus package.  I paid the $39 per person old charge.  I'm wondering if they are going to honor that price when we get onboard.  I certainly hope so.

2 hours ago, Boku said:

Looking on the app for my upcoming cruise Sabatini's has gone up from $35 to $45 per person. Thats a big increase!

It's essentially more then the $45 since you paid for dinner in the main dining room too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Someone else posted on another thread that Specialty Dining prices had increased to $45.  I thought this deserved its own thread.  I checked on the app and Sky Princess is now showing $45 for Crown Grill, The Catch and Sabatini’s.

It was overpriced at $29

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It was overpriced at $29

Do you cruise other Cruise Lines? If you do, what do they charge??????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Of course, they did not...  🤔

More chaos and issues and questions that should NOT exists...

We will be at Customer Service, first thing on our next sailing,  trying to get a more acceptable time for Crown Grill.

I have two TA cruises next year April on the Regal and July on the Majestic. I booked 2 reservations to the Crown Grill on both to get my 7:00:time and to make sure with the new new Premier policy. Not sure what Princess was thinking with this change but I think it will end up a cluster in the end!

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Plus an 18% tip so it’s now $53.10.

And you've already probably paid your auto gratuity and MDR meal for the day so it's more then people realize. As long as people keep paying they will keep upping the fees. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Boku said:

I don't think a $10 increase is a big increase in terms of today's inflation rate. Everything continues to go up. With everyone buying the unlimited plan you probably can't even book a reservation if you just want to eat there once.

• Like 1

So, if you bought Plus- you get Specialty at an extra $30 per day & a few extras. If you pay for Specialty without a package you pay $53. Per meal.

Finding the decline in MDR food quality, more passengers then they expect will probably go for it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, dog said:

So, if you bought Plus- you get Specialty at an extra $30 per day & a few extras. If you pay for Specialty without a package you pay $53. Per meal.

Finding the decline in MDR food quality, more passengers then they expect will probably go for it.

Plus does not get you any discounts on SD. All of mine goes to WiFi and grats and booze

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, memoak said:

Plus does not get you any discounts on SD. All of mine goes to WiFi and grats and booze

Think they are saying is a $30pd extra  cost to go to Premier to get those meals and extras.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dog said:

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Think they are saying is a $30pd extra  cost to go to Premier to get those meals and extras.

Yes!

20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes I think this is typical Princess.  They never consider the consequences of snap decisions.  I think it will be very difficult to get SD reservations unless they add tables and wait staff.  I have gotten the premier package on several cruises and often question my decisions afterwards.  Since I typically go on longer itineraries, the time price for me is getting out of reach.

• Like 4