LAFFNVEGAS LIVE to Alaska on the HAL Westerdam August 25, 2024

56 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I agree.  Why not this morning before you got to Juneau?

Or when they have in the past for this itinerary. Saturday at 10:30 or 11:00

they told me there were one Silver medallion and a couple of copper and appears they only invited 5 Star. I know there are some President Club on board and a a few that did this cruise and staying on for the 52 day Japan. I was told a couple that are President Club joined for our cruise and staying on for just over 3 months.

• Like 5

We played cruise Tourist in Juneau today, had a 4 pound bucket of Red King Crab Legs, went to Alaska Fudge, the went to Infinity Jewelry, yes bought a necklace, went to Effy but too buck $$. Then went to Red Dog Salook each had two Duck Farts, then went to Griz Bar and had a Bear Fart. Then back to the ship. This morning was massage so should sleep good tonight 😂

IMG_6380.jpeg

IMG_9264.jpeg

IMG_6385.jpeg

IMG_6386.jpeg

IMG_6390.jpeg

IMG_9268.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

IMG_9283.jpeg

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9297.jpeg

IMG_6418.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg

IMG_6415.jpeg

IMG_6421.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Wow, I thought after our fabulous crab legs and farts in Juneau we would not be having dinner.  But...I will skip an app, and have the Alaskan salmon bowl and the ice cream, please.  And, a glass of red wine.  Thank you, Cherie 

• Like 2

Yes even after that fantastic lunch of crab legs and all of the Duck and Bear Farts we made room for dessert 😂

It really has been a fun day with Los of laughs.

Tom had the Caesar Salad, Marcia and I had the Seafood Deviled Eggs, Marcia had The French Onion Soup, then we both had the Short Ribs Stroganoff. Tom had the Filet and Lobster doing the upcharge. Then Marcia had the Smores Sundae and Tom and I had the Red Velvet cake which was delicious and moist. The stroganoff was also very good. I topped it off with the Liquid Dessert that I poured in my coffee.

to Tonight’s Entertainment is a Comedian Warren B. Hall, we are back in our cabin and not sure we will have the energy to go back our 😂

Its been a very fun day, good eating and lots of laughs.

IMG_6425.jpeg

IMG_6426.jpeg

IMG_6429.jpeg

IMG_6430.jpeg

IMG_6431.jpeg

IMG_6432.jpeg

IMG_6433.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Lisa, Thank you for the menu. 

My choice for dinner :   Gold Rush Soup, Cod with endive and caramelised orange, followed by Chocolate Whisky Torte.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 1

I think I'll be late to the what's for dinner party due to the time zone difference, but here goes!!!

It's gonna be an appy heavy meal given I don't think I'd enjoy any of the main courses. 

Aperol Spritz and Cosmopolitan 

Seafood Deviled Eggs

Crab Cake

French Onion Soup

Classic Caesar Salad

Depending how I feel after those, perhaps the Artisan Cheese Selection. 

And to finish it off, Red Velvet Cake. Yum!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Morning from Holland America Westerdam where we are heading to Juneau when we get.
It’s still morning here we are an hour behind pacific time. 
This morning I had an early 75 minute Hot Stone Massage. 
Now doing our Scenic cruising.. Will be in Juneau by 1 our time. 
The goal for today is going to Tracy’s Crab Shack.
One thing I wanted to mention our strange time for a Mariner Event. It’s going to be right at early dinner time 5:00pm. The way it was worded I wondered if it was just a quick cocktail event we could just stop by prior to dinner. Unfortunately it is an actual medal presentation they said would last about 45 minutes. We enjoy going to these but not at 5pm. I had sent a message on Navigator App , they asked me if we would be attending , I said sadly No not at that time.

IMG_6368.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6370.jpeg

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6372.jpeg

image.jpg

Not a very roomy location either, unless they aren't expecting many people. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2024 at 4:59 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It’s Gala Night in the Main Dining Room of Holland America Westerdam. 
Time to Play… What’s for Dinner?? What would you order?

IMG_6355.png

IMG_6356.png

Looks like the MDR menu has gotten larger since the scant menus during the restart, seems to me the mains section was only half that size.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cruising Endicott Arm has been beautiful, we are almost to Dawes Glacier. We ate breakfast in the Main Dining Room being able to look out at the beautiful fjords and waterfalls.(The above note is from earlier when we’re having breakfast)
Unfortunately we were not able to get up close to Dawes Glacier, it was so fogged in but the Captain turned the ship so that Port side have over 20 minutes facing that direction. Oddly for about three minutes I noticed the fog had slightly lifted enough to make out the glacier then it started to roll back in. The Captain is now turning so Starboard side might get a glimpse. Because it was raining earlier they did not open the bow due to safety issues but did open the doors forward on 5, 6 and 7 over looking the bow.

IMG_6436.jpeg

IMG_6437.jpeg

IMG_6440.jpeg

IMG_6441.jpeg

IMG_6444.jpeg

IMG_6445.jpeg

IMG_6447.jpeg

IMG_6449.jpeg

IMG_6450.jpeg

IMG_6451.jpeg

IMG_6452.jpeg

• Like 16