Icon 4 ordered with options for Icon 5 and 6.

42 minutes ago, Carguylee said:

I guess I haven't been up on the news lately, where did I miss Icon III? When is it suppose to be out? Is it currently being built? 

Icon III was ordered with what are now Icon of the Seas and Star of the Seas. It is due in 2026.

• Like 1

I wonder if these super giant ships are going to create their own demise. Ports all over Europe are already balking at allowing these behemoths that dump a small city’s population on their population at one time. Alaska is trying to adopt a “no ship Saturday” at Juneau because they’re fed up with it. 
If they keep flooding the port cities, there may be no place left for them to dock but their own private islands. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Only April/May to October, unless they "winterize" Central Park.

They could very well decide to do a retractable roof version of central park in Icon IV or V or even one of the next Oasis Class so that it can stay in NY year-round. Weather is only an issue for the first and last day of cruise out of NY in winter, it does warm up quick usually towards end of second day. I would imagine Central Park would just need winterization to protect plants... maybe heat lamps are the way to go... Plenty of restaurants and lounge type places in NY use heat lamps to keep people comfortable in winter and allow them to dine or sip cocktails outside.

That does leave the diving show offline until later in the cruise. Pools would be underutilized as well but aside from Anthem (and some sisters), indoor pools are not that common on any cruise line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

I wonder if these super giant ships are going to create their own demise. Ports all over Europe are already balking at allowing these behemoths that dump a small city’s population on their population at one time. Alaska is trying to adopt a “no ship Saturday” at Juneau because they’re fed up with it. 
If they keep flooding the port cities, there may be no place left for them to dock but their own private islands. 

The Bahamas, Mexico, and Caribbean seem content with larger ships, for now at least.

28 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I bet the corporate offices of Royal and Carnival get new pitches for Ports frequently. Belize is looking for money to finish their new island port.

56 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Nah, even if it slows down they'll Retire/Sell their older Ships. Wasn't that long ago 15-20yrs max and many Ships were off loaded to another line. Was happening today not only Vision but Voyager, Radiance, Freedom Class's would be gone. Shoot even Oasis is that old now. That would be first step again if slows down, lower Prices be the next and they have Ton of leeway with as high as they are now and still be Profitable. But the Giant Ships much as I hate them they are here to stay. I remember multiple periods when Royal never hit 100% Capacity, Pre-CV was running 108% now running average 120%. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nah, even if it slows down they'll Retire/Sell their older Ships. Wasn't that long ago 15-20yrs max and many Ships were off loaded to another line. Was happening today not only Vision but Voyager, Radiance, Freedom Class's would be gone. Shoot even Oasis is that old now. That would be first step again if slows down, lower Prices be the next and they have Ton of leeway with as high as they are now and still be Profitable. But the Giant Ships much as I hate them they are here to stay. I remember multiple periods when Royal never hit 100% Capacity, Pre-CV was running 108% now running average 120%. 

Yeah, Oasis and Allure will be gone by 2032 max and they'll replace them with, either way, newer Oasis or some Icon class as they please... At that time the Covid crisis will be more than paid off and even if there is a decline, they'll to be able to cope with that with discounts. I'm not watching that happening now, who knows!...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Yeah, Oasis and Allure will be gone by 2032 max and they'll replace them with, either way, newer Oasis or some Icon class as they please... At that time the Covid crisis will be more than paid off and even if there is a decline, they'll to be able to cope with that with discounts. I'm not watching that happening now, who knows!...

There is absolutely no way that Oasis and Allure are gone by 2032. Like actually zero. The vision class ships are making it to 30 and the Voyager class will go well over that. There is no way an Oasis class retires at 22/23 years old.

Edited by DutchCruiseFan
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, DutchCruiseFan said:

There is absolutely no way that Oasis and Allure are gone by 2032. Like actually zero. The vision class ships are making it to 30 and the Voyager class will go well over that. There is no way an Oasis class retires at 22/23 years old.

Not Retired, as said sold off, or spun off is Possible, unknown what Market will be in another 8yrs

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

I remember multiple periods when Royal never hit 100% Capacity, Pre-CV was running 108% now running average 120%

Icon may be pulling the average up a bit at RCL but as of last quarter SEC report for all of RCG it is still at 108%. 

4 hours ago, djvcr said:

They could very well decide to do a retractable roof version of central park in Icon IV or V or even one of the next Oasis Class so that it can stay in NY year-round. Weather is only an issue for the first and last day of cruise out of NY in winter, it does warm up quick usually towards end of second day. I would imagine Central Park would just need winterization to protect plants... maybe heat lamps are the way to go... Plenty of restaurants and lounge type places in NY use heat lamps to keep people comfortable in winter and allow them to dine or sip cocktails outside.

That does leave the diving show offline until later in the cruise. Pools would be underutilized as well but aside from Anthem (and some sisters), indoor pools are not that common on any cruise line.

A retractable roof on CP was what I was thinking.

They could use the Aqua Theater for another ice show.  😄 

2 hours ago, DutchCruiseFan said:

Vision, Radiance, and Voyager class are still around since RCI needs them for certain ports / itineraries.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:59 AM, tidecat said:

Cabo San Lucas would be a bit iffy as it is a tender port.

All these enormous ships coming online, I think it's just a matter of time before we see major port improvements in most of these locations.