Zenith Pins

1 minute ago, cruising teacher said:

Just got our Zenith pins. Very nice but what are we supposed to do with them?

Wear them in the suite lounge on an RCL ship to keep the Pinnacles at bay!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

We didn’t order the new ones and have never worn the old ones.  Most Z’s don’t flaunt their status, unlike on Royal where status seems to be advertised. 
The only time I have noticed a Z wearing a pin was at the Zenith lunch and that was only a few.  

word is that the status matched Pinnacles pushed for Zenith pins but initially they are being offer to Celebrity 3000+ Z’s.

Posted (edited)

We received our new Zenith pins yesterday. The newer style of magnetic backing rather than straight pin and fastener backing is a great way of ensuring the badge portion remains more stable than the previous version at times of wear. That’s a good thing.

I guess we must be in the minority here, as we, not only wear our Zenith pins at the Zenith lunches that Celebrity is kind enough to provide for us, but occasionally at other times during our cruises. At no point in time, do we see ourselves as flaunting whenever we wear our pins.

If Celebrity is kind enough to send us a token of appreciation as a way of saying Thank you for our loyalty, we, in our opinion, can certainly make an effort to to say Thank you back, by wearing them, even occasionally, without cheapening the gesture in any fashion.

Randy and Connie

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Are you referring to the thread that has temporarily run out of steam and is on Page 4 of the main board?

These threads may get merged or they may both sail away into the sunset.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

They’re magnetic. Last time I checked we don’t have magnetic sport coats😎

We paid to join the CC in 1994. Our pins are magnetic and can be worn, no matter the clothing style. Not magnetic either. 🤣 

Edited by doghog

Posted (edited)

Thank you Celebrity. Thank you Andrea! Some may actual wear them. Some might place them with their Celebrity cruise memories. Do what you please. It was a great gesture to recognize loyalty and I for one appreciate it.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We didn’t order the new ones and have never worn the old ones.  Most Z’s don’t flaunt their status, unlike on Royal where status seems to be advertised. 
The only time I have noticed a Z wearing a pin was at the Zenith lunch and that was only a few.  

word is that the status matched Pinnacles pushed for Zenith pins but initially they are being offer to Celebrity 3000+ Z’s.

Why would a status matched Pinnacle ever be entitled to an unearned ZENITH pin.. Just shows the difference ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Why would a status matched Pinnacle ever be entitled to an unearned ZENITH pin.. Just shows the difference ! 

Why does it matter?

Why does my Star Alliance Gold status get me into the Lufthansa Senator's Lounge but a paid business class ticket only gets me into the Business Lounge?

They're not rewarding loyalty! RCG (it's clearly now an RCG program) wants to retain customers in it's higher priced lines. And that Pinnacle (or Zenith) paid a lot of money to RCG to get that status; Royal (or Celebrity) is just the middleman.

2 minutes ago, markeb said:

Why does it matter?

Why does my Star Alliance Gold status get me into the Lufthansa Senator's Lounge but a paid business class ticket only gets me into the Business Lounge?

They're not rewarding loyalty! RCG (it's clearly now an RCG program) wants to retain customers in it's higher priced lines. And that Pinnacle (or Zenith) paid a lot of money to RCG to get that status; Royal (or Celebrity) is just the middleman.

Too bad they merged!

In a few more Celebrity cruises I'll be a double Zenith. Will I receive a second pin? Should they be worn one over the other or side by side?? Or is it better not to discus status with hotels, airlines, cruise ships... and just wear my Patek Philippe? JK, of course, but I will say that the Zenith benefits are great. 

I'll never have a Zenith pin, but I am curious why one would specifically wear it to an event where everyone could be wearing one? You didn't get in the door if you weren't Zenith. Is it also a name tag and do you want to wear a name tag?

That's a serious question. It sounds smart a$$ I know, but the Zenith event is the one place a Zenith pin seems completely redundant.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, markeb said:

I'll never have a Zenith pin, but I am curious why one would specifically wear it to an event where everyone could be wearing one? You didn't get in the door if you weren't Zenith. Is it also a name tag and do you want to wear a name tag?

That's a serious question. It sounds smart a$$ I know, but the Zenith event is the one place a Zenith pin seems completely redundant.

Probably because of all the places to wear the pin, if you want to wear it at all, the Zenith events would be a place where you don't feel like you are flaunting the fact that you are indeed Zenith.

• Thanks 1

I actually like the new Zenith pins because the name is engraved.    Yes there are name cards on the lunch table, but being able to speak with someone and see their name is helpful.

I will only wear mine to the Zenith events, but I think it's a nice gesture of behalf of X.   And if a Zenith member doesn't like the pin, they aren't forced to wear it.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Since it would have the seller’s name on it, it might not be of use to anyone else.  It wouldn’t get you into the Retreat because the name on the pin would not correspond to your face —- the Retreat hosts study the photos of everyone eligible to be there 

Edited by cruisestitch

We received a FedEx Ground shipping notification last week.... I think we will receive ours today.  I'm not sure I will ever wear it.   I've never worn my original pin.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Since it would have the seller’s name on it, it might not be of use to anyone else.  It wouldn’t get you into the Retreat because the name on the pin would not correspond to your face —- the Retreat hosts study the photos of everyone eligible to be there 

Guess it depends upon the ship. On ships like Edge, with 190 suites and likely 380 faces, they're not going to be 100% on top of every suite.  Not even close.  Yes, they may recognize you from previous visits, but they won't know a majority of these faces on the first visit, or likely even subsequent visits.

S class is a little bit easier, with (varies by ship) as many as 111 suites.  But 222 faces?

On an M class ship, with only 50 suites, I would believe it to be more likely to be successful.  Even then, I don't know if they're really tracking Sky Suite guests that carefully.

If what I've been led to understand is correct, the real effort toward recognizing faces starts at Royal Suites where certain unique perks start to kick in.  I could believe that.  Gives the Retreat concierges a fighting chance at keeping on top of those folks.

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

We received a FedEx Ground shipping notification last week.... I think we will receive ours today.  I'm not sure I will ever wear it.   I've never worn my original pin.

Hey, unless you've got a stainless steel fridge at home... 😄

You and Iain seem to have been together forever, but is his # of CC points roughly the same as yours?  What does the Scotsman think of all of this Zenith attention?  Does he attend any of the events with you?  I think I recall a pic taken showing you were both there when you got your Z-Cake.  He's half the team, but we always have to depend upon you to give us his perspective!

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hey, unless you've got a stainless steel fridge at home... 😄

You and Iain seem to have been together forever, but is his # of CC points roughly the same as yours?  What does the Scotsman think of all of this Zenith attention?  Does he attend any of the events with you?  I think I recall a pic taken showing you were both there when you got your Z-Cake.  He's half the team, but we always have to depend upon you to give us his perspective!

Actually our Zenith Points are identical.   

Iain does often wear his pin to the Zenith Lunch.   He attends about 50% of the Captain's Toasts and does attend the Zenith Lunches.  

He has never joined CruiseCritic and I don't think he even has a login.    I do read some of the more interesting posts to him.    BTW he often follows my posts while we are on a cruise and often asks me where I shot a picture.... sometimes you have to look behind you.....

• Haha 1