Charger Back Alert

I received this email this morning. Our cruise was back in early June and we did not make a claim for anything missing. Do they send this out if they find something in the room, even if we didn't complain? I am wondering if I ask my kids if they lost any jewelry but unless it was a belly button piercing, it would have been cheap earrings.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 110228.jpg

Not seen and email like this before.  But likely something was found by housekeeping in your stateroom after your cruise and they are just trying to see if you were the one who lost the item.  As you indicate, it may have been something left by your children and you may not be aware of anything lost.  You could maybe talk with them and see if they lost anything similar and respond to the email to see if it might be theirs. 

It may also be possible that it may have been left prior to your cruise but only found after your sailing and they are sending this out to others as well who may not realize they left something behind.

It sounds like they are just doing their due diligence in trying to reunite something found in the stateroom with it's possible owner.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

Yeah my oldest probably lost something but will have no idea what it was, as she loses earrings nonstop. That is why she only owns cheap earrings and nothing worth figuring out (think 20 pairs for $5 sets). The younger kid, on the other hand, has some decent piercing jewelry but probably would have mentioned losing a piece. I will ask youngest. If that is a no, I will call it good. If it was oldest kid's it will have just been cheap hoops, not worth the charge for shipping.

17 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

I received this email this morning. Our cruise was back in early June and we did not make a claim for anything missing. Do they send this out if they find something in the room, even if we didn't complain? I am wondering if I ask my kids if they lost any jewelry but unless it was a belly button piercing, it would have been cheap earrings.

We have found items in the safe twice that we turned into guest services.  It is nice to see that the cruise line actually reaches out to prior occupants of a cabin to see if they lost something.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

Can you check email address on this email? Is this really from Royal Caribbean? 

It looks like the links are going to the same website they say and I can Google but part of my asking was, I'm not clicking that link if they don't ever do this. Also, not going to do anything until I can ask youngest if they lost jewelry on vacation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Email address on this email is not from Royal Caribbean.
Looks like a scam ad. 

Not a scam, this is a legitimate company that handles lost and found for many cruise lines, airlines, and others. 
They are well documented on these and other travel boards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So youngest kid got back to me and not missing anything. I would bet whatever it is, it was found in a place that isn't often seen and so they went back several months (like behind furniture or under a drawer). I hope if it was valuable, it finds its owner. I'm not going to worry if we lost cheap costume jewelry if it was ours. At least it wasn't something like the opal belly button ring or one of the other more valuable body piercings.

It is nice to know Royal does try to find the owners. We have turned in things we found in the safe or a drawer on embarkation. I don't think we have ever lost anything other than the freestyle cups or other things that just get tossed anyway.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

So youngest kid got back to me and not missing anything. I would bet whatever it is, it was found in a place that isn't often seen and so they went back several months (like behind furniture or under a drawer). I hope if it was valuable, it finds its owner. I'm not going to worry if we lost cheap costume jewelry if it was ours. At least it wasn't something like the opal belly button ring or one of the other more valuable body piercings.

It is nice to know Royal does try to find the owners. We have turned in things we found in the safe or a drawer on embarkation. I don't think we have ever lost anything other than the freestyle cups or other things that just get tossed anyway.

We really search the safe thoroughly now since one of the items we found wasn't found until we were emptying the safe the morning we were disembarking.  It was a dangly, diamond earring that was caught in the lower part of the safe hinge.  Neither of us noticed it until the last morning.  There was a huge line at guest services when we were trying to leave the ship, but I just went up to the Officer who was working the line and gave it to him.  He asked for our cabin number and immediately went into the back office area with it.  You hear so many say they take things they find home because the don't have time to stop the last morning, but it literally took less than a minute.  Hope whoever it belonged to got it back.

The other item we found, we found on the first day of the cruise.  It was a vape pen that was tucked under the front lip of the safe.  It was not visible when you looked into the safe but I felt it when I was checking the edges.  Not sure if that was just thrown away by guest services or what, but they did take our cabin number and brought it out back as we walked away.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubaslayer said:

Nope, havent seen this. I did once get FCC from a Cruise I never Booked. That was a weird one

Edited by ONECRUISER

Thought I'd throw this in.  RCCL goes above and beyond.  My daughter inadvertently forgot a backpack thinking that her Hubs had it, so it was left in the terminal.  She called when she noticed it wasn't among her luggage well on the drive home to San Antonio from Galveston. The RCCL rep spoke to her on the phone and they mailed it too her, 2 days later...voila!  And it couldn't have been cheap, they absorbed the cost.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

It doesn't matter.  It looked too much like a phishing email.

People are too trusting. 

Which is why the OP posted, and why multiple people came back and said "Yes, it is legit."   Now, if you don't want to listen to people's information, that's fine, but why would you be on a message board then? 

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Which is why the OP posted, and why multiple people came back and said "Yes, it is legit."   Now, if you don't want to listen to people's information, that's fine, but why would you be on a message board then? 

Because of people like you. 

That letter from the “Item recovery team,” is legit. I got off Odyssey in Civitavecchia on Sept 3rd. My driver left one of my bags there. Another passenger, found my bag, and called me. Unfortunately I was boarding and couldn’t get the bag. The person that found it turned it over to Port security. I immediately called Royal and they let me know about Chargerback. I opened a claim, and was notified today they have my bag. That letter from the item recovery team is the same as the one I received. 

• Like 1