Princess Cruise Complaints?

nomoe

Just off Caribbean Princess and too many glitches and lack of customer service that I would like to write to head of customer serve or guest relations to register my complaints. Does anyone have an address or email for this?  I have sailed many times with Princess but this past cruise has me rethinking if I want to continue sailing with this line. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nomoe said:

Just off Caribbean Princess and too many glitches and lack of customer service that I would like to write to head of customer serve or guest relations to register my complaints. Does anyone have an address or email for this?  I have sailed many times with Princess but this past cruise has me rethinking if I want to continue sailing with this line. Thanks in advance.

Will you be writing a review here?

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

We had a huge problem with shoreside services in Japan last year. It took two or three weeks for them to respond, but there was a letter of appreciation for the details we provided, an apology and FCC.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nomoe said:

I'd love to hear more details about this, we were on this ship in the Caribbean last December, thought it was wonderful. What specifically was not to your liking?

• Like 1

I was on the CB this summer.  Except for my non-functioning thermostat,  I thought this was one of my best cruises.  Maintenance came in every time I needed to readjust my temperature. Inconvenience, but they were more than willing to do  this.  Crew was beyond exceptional.

• Like 2

Yes, she's an older ship, and I'm sure she's due for a refit soon. My take on the OP's post is that the issues were perhaps more of a service issue? Our trip on her was our first with Princess, so I had no baseline to compare her with. It will be interesting to contrast that ship with the new Sun Princess, we sail on her next May in the Mediterranean. 

FWIW the are similar threads about Carnival, Royal Caribbean,  Celebrity, NCL, HAL etc.

Cruising has changed.   Covid caused supply and cost disruptions.  The cruiselines had to decide between cutting services and raising prices - was told about $80pp per day by a VP on another line.

Since adding about $1000 to a 7 day cruise would not fly they cut.

Today one needs to adjust their expectations or stay home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nomoe said:

I was on the Caribbean Princess August 29 - September 12, and probably won't sail Princess again.  I was treated like a 2nd class citizen, and Princess' system (or lack thereof) of obtaining a seat in the dining room in a timely manner leaves a lot to be desired. 

There were aspects of the cruise that I really liked, but an unacceptable dining experience every night is a deal breaker for me.  I was forced into late dining every night, usually by myself.  I need more flexibility. One night I was seated with 3 Portuguese speakers. WTH?

37 minutes ago, Roz said:

I was on the Caribbean Princess August 29 - September 12, and probably won't sail Princess again.  I was treated like a 2nd class citizen, and Princess' system (or lack thereof) of obtaining a seat in the dining room in a timely manner leaves a lot to be desired. 

There were aspects of the cruise that I really liked, but an unacceptable dining experience every night is a deal breaker for me.  I was forced into late dining every night, usually by myself.  I need more flexibility. One night I was seated with 3 Portuguese speakers. WTH?

Sorry to hear that experience.

What type of MDR reservation did you have?  Or, was it walk up?  How long did you have to wait?

The host/hostess could not secure early dining in one of the MDR’s for you?  Did you escalate to the DRO/ Maitre’d?  Sounds like a real issue in the MDR’s or new Manager.

Again, sorry it spoiled your cruise.

Edited by PacnGoNow

41 minutes ago, Roz said:

Had an issue with dining reservations last year.  First night chaos.  Went to management.  Politely described the issues - multiple areas.  The maitre d arranged a specific table for all but three nights.  Told the hotel manager about things in his area of responsibility and said needed them fixed or we would disembark at the next port.   All solved the next morning with a note and flowers for my DW.

Again understand that dining on Princess went to a "new" (actually the same as years ago) system on 14 September. 

15 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sorry to hear that experience.

What type of MDR reservation did you have?  Or, was it walk up?  How long did you have to wait?

The host/hostess could not secure early dining in one of the MDR’s for you?  Did you escalate to the DRO/ Maitre’d?  Sounds like a real issue in the MDR’s or new Manager.

Again, sorry it spoiled your cruise.

It was walk up.  The biggest problem was getting someone's attention.  They acted like I was bothering or annoying them.  The 2nd night I was told an hour wait, or I could make a reservation to eat by myself every night at 8 pm. I  eat by myself every night at home, and eating at 8 pretty much wipes out the evening and makes for a long day if you have early excursions. 

I tried making reservations on the app and on the TV, but neither worked. Those "in the know" apparently have it figured out, while the rest of us are left scratching our heads.

The hosts in the DRs run around and work at cross purposes to each other. There's no organization or coordination.  I'm an experienced cruiser, but Princess' system kicked my backside. It was a struggle every night. 

6 minutes ago, Roz said:

@PacnGoNow, thank you for the information.  With flexible dining, how do you make reservations before boarding? Use the app or do it online on the Princess website?

If you go to your Princess App to the booking in question. In this case we have a cruise in 96 days on the Majestic. Click on Book Dining. 

IMG_4735.thumb.jpeg.1b1f343d0a64cd137fee1b16f729a22c.jpeg

Then select the dining option you wish to reserve. Notice each MDR caters to a different option. 

IMG_4736.thumb.jpeg.16c1d1d04596912ba8ba03c54a335d73.jpeg

• Like 1

You have to use the Medallion App to book dining reservations.   Have had mine booked 22 months out and am not paid in full.  The reason you can’t get reservations for the time you want is because you waited too long to reserve as they only take a limited amount of reservations prior to getting on the ship (was told this by the dining manager in June on our Norway cruise). I now make my dining reservations when I put the deposit down on the cruise.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Roz said:

Thank you,  @Ken the cruiser. What is the difference between flexible and walk-in? I don't remember those options on the app before I boarded, but I may not have understood what I was looking at.  I'm used to the way HAL has their dining set up. I  did notice that I could book specialty dining beforehand on Princess, but I wasn't interested in that. 

Just click on the MDR you want. Then you will see flexible usually starts at 5:00 pm and then every 20 mins.

Pick the time you want each day, private or shared. So, sea days you may want 520 or 540pm and port days maybe 6 or later, etc.

Walk in, is just that.  Walk in anytime and wait to be seated.  That’s the risky one, like you just had on the CB cruise.  No advanced reservations for walk in.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Roz said:

@PacnGoNow, thank you for the information.  With flexible dining, how do you make reservations before boarding? Use the app or do it online on the Princess website?

You can use the downloaded App or on the website version of the App also.  I just find it easier in the downloaded App.

Looks like you have received lots of good advice to resolve your issue.  We have found the app to be quite "glitchy" and many times, when we experience problems, we retry in a few days and it works.  

If you still want to contact  someone at Princess, we have found the best person to contact is Collin Steinke (info in post #4).  We don't contact him often, but when we do we send him an email and  his office  promptly responds.

• Like 2