The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 4th, 2024

Today is Dick Tracy Day, Improve Your Office Day, and International Ship in A Bottle Day

I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me. - Warren Buffett

Meal Suggestion for today - Apple Protein Pancakes {gluten-free}
Drink of the Day - Rusty Nail
Wine of the Day - Josh Cellars Chardonnay
Destination of the Day - Gythion (Sparta), Greece

Today in History:
1582 Last Julian calendar day in Spain, Portugal and pontifical states. To sync to the Gregorian calendar, 10 days are skipped and the next date is Oct 15.
1883 The Orient Express departs on its first official journey from Paris to Istanbul

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer
Victoria, British Columbia   2000-2359  

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage
At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada   eta 10-05  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 16 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale
San Diego, California   0700-1600  

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens
At Sea Destination Piraeus (Athens), Greece   eta 10-05  

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama
At Sea Destination Kushiro, Japan   eta 10-11  

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight
Hvar, Croatia   1200-1800  

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic
Tallinn, Estonia   0800-2300  

Volendam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal
Quebec City, Quebec   0900-1700  

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific
At Sea Destination Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii   eta 10-06  

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston
Portland, Maine   1100-2100  

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan
Naha, Japan   0730-1745

image.thumb.png.0b4198b097d787cd1ebc201ef885553e.png

image.thumb.png.ae68c4d6dc2e8b235ddb99c0914b7f6e.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 32

Rusty Nail:

A Rusty Nail is made by mixing Drambuie and Scotch whisky. The drink was included in Difford's Guide's Top 100 Cocktails. A Rusty Nail can be served in an old-fashioned glass on the rocks, neat, or "up" in a stemmed glass. It is most commonly served over ice.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Scotch Whisky,
3/4 oz Drambuie
Preparation:
Pour all ingredients directly into old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Stir gently. Garnish with a lemon twist. Serve.

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 5.56.35 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 28

Good morning friends!  This morning it is 66F and the day will be cloudy with a high temp of 79.  It was a little warm yesterday but no stray showers appeared at my house or downtown during my hair appointment and errands.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Friday!  Today some different days to recognize and celebrate.  Dick Tracy the comic book character, improving our offices, and ships in a bottle.  Okay, that's fine.  But did you know it's also National Cinnamon Roll Day, National Taco Day, National Vodka Day and National Golf Lovers Day??  The Buffett quote is a funny one.  I would try the pancakes, but would pass on the Rusty Nail.  A taste of the Josh Cellars Chardonnay would determine whether I wanted a full glass of it.  Chardonnay normally isn't my first choice.  A big change in the calendar back in 1582.  Can you imagine the confusion?  Worse than the fear of Y2K. 😬 A great day for the Orient Express in 1883. I can’t thank you ladies enough for the F&B reports…Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard!

Prayers today for my DB, those who lost loved ones and property during Hurricane/Tropical Storm Helene, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages that we still hope will come home, and our troops in the war zone.  In addition, many prayers for Annie and Chuck, Roy, Tana and Terry, Nancy’s DB Nick, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Melisa and her DH, Ann and Pat, Jacqui, Dixie, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, Carol and Sam, Debbie and anyone else in need of them.  Congrats to all celebrating special occasions, cruising and preparing to cruise.  So glad Vanessa @JazzyV is off on a cruise having a good time with BFF!  Thank you Vanessa for working on the Daily C&C list even while on your vacation.  We don’t know what we’d do without you!

The port today is Gythion (Sparta), Greece.  This is another brand new port for us to enjoy.  I haven’t been to that port before.  No links either.  Hopefully someone will have some photos and descriptions of their time spent there.

Have an excellent Friday y’all!  We will probably do our weekly shopping at Kroger this morning, then this afternoon the HVAC company will come by to check both furnaces in preparation for winter.  It will appear out of nowhere to surprise us when we least expect it.☃️

• Like 29
  • Thanks 11

Well since there are no photos to post this morning, let's start things off with the October celebration tree in DD's foyer.  Maybe that will cool things down for a nice fall season.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I love the witch's feet and legs sticking out of the tree.

Yikes!!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

My new project is keeping me very busy,

I have an appointment with my gastro doctor this morning. Hopefully, I will get some answers or treatment for my diverticulitis. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

20231105_052618.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Friday Report.

Cool and clear this morning, typical fall day.

Three good days to observe.

Amusing quote.

I'll pass on the meal.  Hubby enjoys a Rusty Nail, not me.  I'll try the wine.

Prayers for so many.  @erewhon Hope you are safe.

Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisers  Thanks for sharing pictures of your DD's tree.  The witches legs sticking out are amusing, but I could do without the spiders - yuck.

I'm not a big fan of spiders either.  I had a spider bite on my face when I was 20 years old.  It was on my pillow!  What a nightmare!  My cheek swelled up huge and I couldn't go to work (I was the University Chancellor's receptionist so that wouldn't have made a good impression to office visitors).

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) back in rehab

Vict0riann starting radiation therapy

Mr. Boston’s DM’s brother Henry suffering a stroke

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Nickelpenny having a family emergency

Flooding in NZ (Dunedin)

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those affected by Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

NextOne’s DSIL Sandy dx’d with metastatic cancer

Lindaler’s DS with an emergency situation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 43rd Anniversary Cruzin Terri (Terri & Jim)!

Happy 70th Birthday JazzyV (Vanessa)!

Quartzsite Cruiser with good news about her DD

StLouisCruisers doing a great job posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

Kazu moved into her new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

TAW1963 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer, Haljo1935 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer – celebrating 35th anniversary, Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 30

Good morning everyone - happy Friday! I'm back to work for the day, and it's a strange workweek with the middle 3 days being out of town. Several of us are expected to be spending at least 8 hours per week working on hurricane Helene recovery (volunteering to do whatever is needed) until further notice, so for me that will start next week.

I remember Dick Tracy but preferred comic books like Archie & Veronica, Richie Rich, etc. The meal sounds good, and possibly the wine although I am not a chardonnay fan. I've heard of Rusty Nail but now seeing the ingredients I'll pass. Never been to the port but look forward to photos later today. Cinnamon roll day - now that's something to celebrate!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers your daughter's fall tree is fabulous, and she's got the perfect spot there in the foyer to show it off! Very clever. 

Hope everyone has a nice day today.  Happy birthday to @JazzyV - how nice to be spending it on a cruise!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Three interesting days to recognize.  Ships in a bottle have always fascinated me.

Dropped my mom off at the Portland airport yesterday afternoon.  We had a nice visit and while she was not able to see her brother she got the good news that he did not have a stroke after all.  I’m not sure how long he will have to stay in the hospital.

The quote is funny.

The meal suggestion sounds like a nice breakfast.  I’ll pass on the drink, I don’t like Drambuie.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today!  Happy birthday to @JazzyV🎂 and happy anniversary to @Cruzin Terri🥂!

• Like 34

Happy Friday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Setting up all my classes for the two weeks I am away. What is sad for me is that we are taking the pets in tomorrow for boarding as they are not open Sunday. I will miss them terribly and worry that Fancy, who is a rescue dog might feel abandoned. They are boarding at the vet we take them to and the staff have always taken great care of them and they love little Fancy so I am not worried about the care they will receive. I could have had someone come to the house, but I heard to many stories of pet sitters not showing up for days. I know they are going to be safe. I did get my medication filled. My pharmacist worked it out, so I am good there. So, now, its just the waiting. 

Happy birthday @JazzyV!

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Happy anniversary @Cruzin Terri!

happy anniversary cats - Google Search Work Anniversary Quotes, Happy ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

It Is So Crazy Week Happy Friday Quotes. QuotesGram

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2