Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I was on Solstice for the "conveyance" up the River Ems at the weekend, and shot video - which features many interiors, including crew areas, the engine room and bridge as well as public rooms and decks - with the permission of RCI. The first day's is here http://travel.sky.com/inspiration/blogs/1214309221697_813 and the second will at the same location tomorrow.

Cruise Critic's editor-in-chief Carolyn was also there - the News link (above) will take you to her coverage.

I was on Solstice for the "conveyance" up the River Ems at the weekend, and shot video - which features many interiors, including crew areas, the engine room and bridge as well as public rooms and decks - with the permission of RCI. The first day's is here http://travel.sky.com/inspiration/blogs/1214309221697_813 and the second will at the same location tomorrow.

Cruise Critic's editor-in-chief Carolyn was also there - the News link (above) will take you to her coverage.

What a fabulous presentation on such short notice - thanks so much for sharing!

Excellent presentation!! Thank you very much. I can't wait for day 2.

Thanks for the wonderful photos and videos. Can we go NOW?????

I love everything except those silly sinks in the cabin bathrooms that splash everywhere. They sure look nice but they tend to be more decorative than functional!

Less than two months and we'll be on board. WOO HOO!!!!

Steve, thanks so much for posting. Looking forward to tomorrow's video now. Bet you were hoping for bad weather so you could stay on for the sea trials!

Phil

the ship looks amazing, but now i am concerned about TWO things rather than one: A) deck space in which i will be able to get my all-day rays, and B) the dining room tables. is it just me or in that one photo do they look like they're really crammed in back there? i am currently booked with a table of 8 but i think i may change it. with the new styling of the chairs and the smaller tables it looks like it will be a really tight fit, and my boyfriend and i are small people.

just not sure...

the ship looks amazing, but now i am concerned about TWO things rather than one: A) deck space in which i will be able to get my all-day rays, and B) the dining room tables. is it just me or in that one photo do they look like they're really crammed in back there? i am currently booked with a table of 8 but i think i may change it. with the new styling of the chairs and the smaller tables it looks like it will be a really tight fit, and my boyfriend and i are small people.

just not sure...

I think you ought to cancel:D

Phil

just not sure...

Phil

Phil

that could have been a joke, but...

cancel what, my cruise? no way. i'd never give up the chance to sail her just because of those things. i will always find a way to satisfy myself in finding sun to lay in, and i could be totally wrong about the space in the dining room. it could just appear to be a very tight fit because of the design of those chairs, but i for one won't be taking up the entire chair. there will be lots of space between my body and the sides of the chair. so the chairs may be pressed up against one another, but the people won't be.

Archived