Theft in stateroom on Carnival

Gerricann

Most people do wear jewelry to impress others . It's an ego thingy. Bigger cars ,bigger house, more money. Best looking honey. It all starts in your youth.

Give a kid two suckers and let them open one and start eating it. Then politely ask if you may have one. Majority of the time your going to be offered the one they have already eaten / licked from.

My wife and I did a Carnival Cruise from Nov.25-Dec.2/17.My wife had her packets of drugs rifled through and an entire bottle of pills taken,some were narcotics.I emailed Carnival Cruise Lines when I got back and have heard nothing,and not likely will.I think this type of thing goes on all the time.These porters earn piddly wages and anything they can get their hands on to steal and make money off of is a bonus.I will never go with Carnival anymore.

Either the commenter below can't read or he always treats others like crap.Pardon me for using the word"porter" out of context.The people that clean the rooms,to be specific,it was our first and last time cruising.Seems to me someone ought to be criticizing the cruise critic.

This thread is 8 years old............ let it die!

People on this board baffle me. On one hand people are spoken down to because they should have searched for their issue... now a post where someone does, and gets told this. :rolleyes:

If you do not want to participate in the thread, then don't... no one is forcing you to read or post.

My wife and I did a Carnival Cruise from Nov.25-Dec.2/17.My wife had her packets of drugs rifled through and an entire bottle of pills taken,some were narcotics.I emailed Carnival Cruise Lines when I got back and have heard nothing,and not likely will.I think this type of thing goes on all the time.These porters earn piddly wages and anything they can get their hands on to steal and make money off of is a bonus.I will never go with Carnival anymore.

While you sent an email after you left the ship and returned home, what did you do while you were on the ship where the incident occurred?

Did you speak to the steward, head of housekeeping, security, guest services or the hotel director? Anyone of them could have addressed your claim right then and there to make you feel they were concerned over your missing pills.

Your belief that this kind of thing happens all the time is false. It doesn’t. Millions of passengers sail every year and claims of stolen property are rare. About one every eight years.

Feel free to start new threads instead of bumping 8 year old ones.

Either the commenter below can't read or he always treats others like crap.Pardon me for using the word"porter" out of context.The people that clean the rooms,to be specific,it was our first and last time cruising.Seems to me someone ought to be criticizing the cruise critic.
I don't doubt your things may have been stolen because even though most of us have never had that experience on a cruise doesn't mean it doesn't happen BUT you should have gone directly to guest services and let them get security involved and do a proper investigation. myself that's what I would've done without telling or accusing the cabin steward of anything. If you asked him/her about it that gives them time to dispose of the medicine if they did do it. Calling Carnival after the cruise rarely does anything most of us know.

P. S. Thanks for using the search feature! Most people just post a new thread about the same issues

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Well, I don't know that many people would call a hotel maid a "porter", so you can see why there was a lot of misunderstanding. However, the simple fact that each time your cabin door is accessed by a keycard, the identity of the person and the date/time is recorded in the lock makes it very easy for the cruise line to find out who was in the cabin and when, which results in very few instances of crew stealing from the passengers, since the cabin steward would be the first to be questioned and searched.

As for the "piddly wages", to you it may be piddly, but to the crew, it represents a very healthy middle class income in their home countries, so the crew are very careful not to do things that could jeopardize that income.

As others have stated, there is onboard security that theft of narcotics should have been reported to, and this would have resulted in their reporting this to the FBI (since you are a US citizen), and the investigation would have gone from there. To simply say "oh, well, I'll deal with this when we get home" is naive and useless. If you had reported it, there would be a case file at the FBI field office dealing with the embarkation port, but since there is no original report, this won't go anywhere.

As for "happens all the time", well it took you looking at the forum for one of the largest cruise lines in the world, backing up 8 years to find an instance of someone reporting a theft. How many passengers do you think have sailed with Carnival since this thread started?

Guess you don't get out in the world much.

Well, I don't know that many people would call a hotel maid a "porter", so you can see why there was a lot of misunderstanding. However, the simple fact that each time your cabin door is accessed by a keycard, the identity of the person and the date/time is recorded in the lock makes it very easy for the cruise line to find out who was in the cabin and when, which results in very few instances of crew stealing from the passengers, since the cabin steward would be the first to be questioned and searched.

As for the "piddly wages", to you it may be piddly, but to the crew, it represents a very healthy middle class income in their home countries, so the crew are very careful not to do things that could jeopardize that income.

As others have stated, there is onboard security that theft of narcotics should have been reported to, and this would have resulted in their reporting this to the FBI (since you are a US citizen), and the investigation would have gone from there. To simply say "oh, well, I'll deal with this when we get home" is naive and useless. If you had reported it, there would be a case file at the FBI field office dealing with the embarkation port, but since there is no original report, this won't go anywhere.

As for "happens all the time", well it took you looking at the forum for one of the largest cruise lines in the world, backing up 8 years to find an instance of someone reporting a theft. How many passengers do you think have sailed with Carnival since this thread started?

Guess you don't get out in the world much.

Well your wrong on this , I and others have had things stolen from our cabins and there have been a few threads on this in the forums here . And to say a person is naive and useless for dealing with it later is naive on your part.

Some people just dont want to cause problems while on vacation and would rather deal with it afterwords . Why tie up you precious vacation time to deal with a disloyal Carnival employee. No one person knows how another will respond in this situation. You know how you would respond only :rolleyes:

Edited by BoDidly

Well your wrong on this , I and others have had things stolen from our cabins and their have been a few threads on this in the forums here . And to say a person is naive and useless for dealing with it later is naive on your part.

Some people just dont want to cause problems while on vacation and would rather deal with it afterwords . Why tie up you precious vacation time to deal with a disloyal Carnival employee. No one person knows how another will respond in this situation. You know how you would respond only :rolleyes:

You may want to reread the post to which you've responded. Chief said that the act (not the person) is "naïve and useless."

And, of course, that is true since accurately and fully investigating the original incident became impossible once "that ship had sailed."

So, maybe a better phrase would've been "lacks common sense."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well your wrong on this , I and others have had things stolen from our cabins and their have been a few threads on this in the forums here . And to say a person is naive and useless for dealing with it later is naive on your part.

Hi

Not that anyone would think that there haven't been occasions where thefts have occurred and that you haven't suffered as well, but generally it doesn't happen. As has been pointed out millions travel on cruises lines each year without complaint for the most part.

The thought here can't be anything less than...Another brand new member to cruise critic had a problem and sought out cruise critic to bring it to the attention to the public. Fine on the face of it, but it was attached to an eight year old post. This in itself is so improbable, try doing the same yourself and see how much work it takes.

Most new members (and old as well) have a hard enough time just acquainting themselves with the site to ask their questions in the proper place. Just my opinion, but this post about narcotics being stolen from luggage is on par with the "new member" who had things stolen from them in their past three cruises including a brand new dress stolen from her packed luggage. Oh yes, just shortly before that there was another new member who after returning from their cruise, brought us the picture of bed bugs and while also complaining about poor wifi.

You may want to reread the post to which you've responded. Chief said that the act (not the person) is "naïve and useless."

And, of course, that is true since accurately and fully investigating the original incident became impossible once "that ship had sailed."

So, maybe a better phrase would've been "lacks common sense."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure ,let me jump right on that band wagon , not.

Hi

Not that anyone would think that there haven't been occasions where thefts have occurred and that you haven't suffered as well, but generally it doesn't happen. As has been pointed out millions travel on cruises lines each year without complaint for the most part.

The thought here can't be anything less than...Another brand new member to cruise critic had a problem and sought out cruise critic to bring it to the attention to the public. Fine on the face of it, but it was attached to an eight year old post. This in itself is so improbable, try doing the same yourself and see how much work it takes.

Most new members (and old as well) have a hard enough time just acquainting themselves with the site to ask their questions in the proper place. Just my opinion, but this post about narcotics being stolen from luggage is on par with the "new member" who had things stolen from them in their past three cruises including a brand new dress stolen from her packed luggage. Oh yes, just shortly before that there was another new member who after returning from their cruise, brought us the picture of bed bugs and while also complaining about poor wifi.

Come on now, some of those threads were intentional jokes trying to entertain the masses :D But bed bugs on ships is probable.

Come on now, some of those threads were intentional jokes trying to entertain the masses :D But bed bugs on ships is probable.

Yes, bed bugs on a ship or anywhere is probable, but the post wasn't.

As you say, some of these post are jokes. But we are not taking about you or me trying to make a funny post or incite some response. We are looking at people who come to this site and I would guess they do the same on other website, make some comment and never show up again. Until they register again under another name. Cheap thrills???

As you say, some of these post are jokes. But we are not taking about you or me trying to make a funny post or incite some response. We are looking at people who come to this site and I would guess they do the same on other website, make some comment and never show up again. Until they register again under another name. Cheap thrills???

And this bother you ? Why. Surely you don't think CC is the Holy Grail of information . The majority is misinformation along with other sites F.B.. This site is nothing more than an amusement center for some ,we all know that . Those that think it needs to be perfect are the ones that should be working for Carnival ,even then mistakes are made , more often than not.

Very true, and they brag about it to each other in FB groups, patting themselves on the back for duping the masses over here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And this bother you ? Why. Surely you don't think CC is the Holy Grail of information . The majority is misinformation along with other sites F.B.. This site is nothing more than an amusement center for some ,we all know that . Those that think it needs to be perfect are the ones that should be working for Carnival ,even then mistakes are made , more often than not.

Its clear from your posts thats how you feel. Anyone serious about looking for useful information will disregard your blather for what it is - the inciteful nonsense of someone inadequately trying to stir the proverbial pot.

The subject post under duscussion, dredged up after 8 years of dormancy, is a testament to just that... an attempt to ruffle the feathers of those with serious and justifiable topics of discussion.

As entertaining as you find it, the majority of us find it a pointless infringement that dillutes the usefulness of the very forum you disparage. Such calls your own contribution into question and your involvement suspect.

Chew on that while you think up yet another retort that demonstrates your mentality.

Its clear from your posts thats how you feel. Anyone serious about looking for useful information will disregard your blather for what it is - the inciteful nonsense of someone inadequately trying to stir the proverbial pot.

The subject post under duscussion, dredged up after 8 years of dormancy, is a testament to just that... an attempt to ruffle the feathers of those with serious and justifiable topics of discussion.

As entertaining as you find it, the majority of us find it a pointless infringement that dillutes the usefulness of the very forum you disparage. Such calls your own contribution into question and your involvement suspect.

Chew on that while you think up yet another retort that demonstrates your mentality.

Makes me wonder why you bothered posting ? I like it :D it's actually pretty good. But one small problem you have me pegged wrong.

In my defense , though it's truly only an option ;p

I truly enjoy helping newbies or others that need answers to their questions . It's those with I am a god syndrome here on the forums that forget that humor is a part of life.

Edited by BoDidly

It is your responsibility to not keep your items in the safe. Sometimes the waiter leaves the door ajar when they are doing the toilet and attend something more like the bathroom, maybe a passenger took the opportunity.

The opportunity makes the thief

Very true, and they brag about it to each other in FB groups, patting themselves on the back for duping the masses over here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OH Hell :evilsmile:! Jimbo's in the discussion now . That ends it for me . ;p:D

Is it possible someone wondered in there when the cabin steward had the door open to clean? Maybe he/she walked over to the other cabin and someone dashed in? It does happen, thieves have gotten very good at this!

I have often wondered about that when walking down the hallway, notice a door open and the steward nowhere in sight....

Hi Bo

I agree that this site is often amusing, but I do think and have often said that the posts on this site can save people both time and money. It certainly has for me, and that is why I am perfectly willing to help in answering questions that people have.

Many people have seen over the years posts with a certain format that probably should not be taken too seriously. Often I ignore these posts, but sometimes I feel just as compelled to comment, especially when a number of them have surfaced in a short period of time. As you said, probably someone just having fun, but at the same time, may be giving other people a false impression.

People on this board baffle me. On one hand people are spoken down to because they should have searched for their issue... now a post where someone does, and gets told this. :rolleyes:

If you do not want to participate in the thread, then don't... no one is forcing you to read or post.

Love seeing this resurrection —like a family reunion :D