future cruise deposit credit questions

MTdreaming

We bought these on our last Princess cruise.. but now can't remember the details of how they work. I know they act as a deposit and that they also just get you OBC.. is that amount added to any OBC offers they are running? and do you have to book through Princess to use them or can you use a TA? Thanks in advance for help from you more experienced cruisers!

We bought these on our last Princess cruise.. but now can't remember the details of how they work. I know they act as a deposit and that they also just get you OBC.. is that amount added to any OBC offers they are running? and do you have to book through Princess to use them or can you use a TA? Thanks in advance for help from you more experienced cruisers!

You will get OBC (from $25-$150) depending on cabin type and length of cruise.

All OBC on Princess is stackable.

When you book (TA, online w/Princess or phone), you can apply the FCD. Very easy to do.

You will get OBC (from $25-$150) depending on cabin type and length of cruise.

All OBC on Princess is stackable.

When you book (TA, online w/Princess or phone), you can apply the FCD. Very easy to do.

thanks for that quick and timely response...can OBC be used toward gratuities on Princess? I promise no more questions

Here's the FCD information & form from the Princess website:

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

Length of Voyage

17 days +

$150 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $125 Inside/Outside

11 – 16 days

$100 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $75 Inside/Outside

7 – 10 days

$50 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $25 Inside/Outside

3 – 6 days

$25 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $15 Inside/Outside

thanks for that quick and timely response...can OBC be used toward gratuities on Princess? I promise no more questions

Yes...It's simply an OBC to your cruise's account from which any debits are deducted including gratuities.

And don't hesitate to ask questions because usually there is someone who has an experience to share with all of us. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

When you sign in on the Princess website, you'll be able to see the future cruise deposits and their expiration date. We have to book our cruise by the end of this year. People have reported successfully asking for their future cruise deposits to be extended.

Well we did book a cruise today, two staterooms. My husband and I each had two FCD credits - so $200 each. We couldn't use part of them on the other stateroom so we had to apply them all to our room (they expire tomorrow). Because we did that, we only got the OBC credit for one each...Princess wasn't willing to extend the deposit credit or work out applying them to our adult kids room we booked at the same time. This might all be just us not understanding how this whole thing worked to begin with.. but I won't be buying more than one each at any time in the future.. I don't cruise exclusively with Princess, and this isn't making me any more inclined to change that.

That didn't help.. apparently you can only use one FCD toward one cruise, so we could each use just one of ours not both..regardless of number of rooms in the booking. We might have mis-understood originally.. but it is annoying.

And only the person who bought them can use them.

You and Hubby (if that's the names they were bought in) can use one each. But even f you list you and someone else in one cabin and hubby and someone else in the other, the other people will need to pay full deposit.

I don't understand why princess don't let you buy them as gifts, but they don't.

I didn't realize you could only apply 2 per cabin, we each had one so my kids currently have FCD credit for our next booking. I don't necessarily mind, since if we don't use it, Princess will refund it, but we will use it. We love cruising.

So, I feel your pain, sucks that you had expiring FCD credit, but at least you were able to apply the second $100 per person.

No problem booking through your travel agent.

Our travel agent is also sent a copy of our Future Cruise Credits. :)

LuLu

Yes, you can use it for gratuities. You can use it for anything charged to your onboard account.

Can you use more than one on each cruise?

And if we already have a cruise booked for next year, can we get the OBC on that cruise?

And if we already have a cruise booked for next year, can we get the OBC on that cruise?

You can use more than one of the $100 FCDs towards paying for you cruise however you would only receive the OBC benefit once for each passenger.

You must have a FCD before booking a cruise in order to get the OBC during your cruise.

Once we didn't have any FCDs when booking a cruise & even though we later purchased FCDs we could not use them which resulted in us losing a combined total of $300 of OBC. :( We were before final payment & could have canceled and rebooked but that would have cost us much more than the $300 of lost OBC. It was an expensive mistake & is why we now keep enough FCDs for future cruises. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

You only need to use one per person for the deposit. You can use as many as you want to pay for the cruise (at $100) each, but only the one each you use as a deposit earns onboard credit. The others are just $100 each with no OBC.

You have to use the future cruise deposit as your deposit to get OBC. You can ask if they will change the deposit to the future cruise deposit, but I wouldn't count on it - but it doesn't hurt to ask. If you are before final payment and the price of the cruise hasn't gone up, you can always cancel and rebook using the future cruise deposit.

I am not that experienced with these....but couldn't you just put your husband in the room with one of your adult children and you be in the other room with the other one....at least that would be the way it would be booked.....things can change once onboard.... ;)

That would still only get one OBC for each person that had an FCD in their own name.

I am not that experienced with these....but couldn't you just put your husband in the room with one of your adult children and you be in the other room with the other one....at least that would be the way it would be booked.....things can change once onboard.... ;)

As stated by others, this does not work for future cruise deposits, since you get one per person for each person who uses one - whether they are in the same or different cabins.

Booking rooms as suggested can be beneficial for some people in other ways:

• If you and your husband each own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock but your children don't, you only get one stockholder OBC per cabin (even if two stockholders are in the same cabin).
  • If you and your husband are each elite but your children aren't, you only get one minibar setup per cabin (even if two elites are in the same cabin).

..Princess wasn't willing to extend the deposit credit or work out applying them to our adult kids room we booked at the same time. This might all be just us not understanding how this whole thing worked to begin with.. but I won't be buying more than one each at any time in the future.. I don't cruise exclusively with Princess, and this isn't making me any more inclined to change that.

Princess didn't single you out when it applied the rules for FCD's to your situation. Everyone here is aware of how they work.

Frankly, Princess has some of the best perks afloat for returning passengers.

Princess didn't single you out when it applied the rules for FCD's to your situation. Everyone here is aware of how they work.

Frankly, Princess has some of the best perks afloat for returning passengers.

I don't feel like we were singled out necessarily.. just that so many had said we could probably get the second one we each had extended.. and we could not. i would admit that we didn't really remember or understand all the ramifications. Live and learn.

• 1 month later...

Can someone else onboard buy a FCC for you? My TA is on a cruise right now. I've found a cabin and cruise I want next year and understand I must have the FCC in hand before booking for it to apply.

We just sailed the Caribbean first week of March, but since I usually book a fare that's restricted from using FCC, I didn't buy any.

We sail on the Grand on May 31st, is the FCC desk open during embarkation? Guess that way I could buy them and call my TA before sailing.

I know the other way is to book, then cnx, then rebook.

Mahalo, Tim

Can someone else onboard buy a FCC for you? My TA is on a cruise right now. I've found a cabin and cruise I want next year and understand I must have the FCC in hand before booking for it to apply.

We just sailed the Caribbean first week of March, but since I usually book a fare that's restricted from using FCC, I didn't buy any.

We sail on the Grand on May 31st, is the FCC desk open during embarkation? Guess that way I could buy them and call my TA before sailing.

Mahalo, Tim

Must be inboard to buy.

Not sure if it's open on embarkation, never really looked.

Not sure what you mean by buy it and then ring TA, is that to book the next cruise?

Mahalo, Tim

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but, no, you have to be onboard to buy one.

I thought you could buy one for up to 60 days after you came home....or was it HAL that offered that?

What would buying one and calling your TA before sailing do?

Obviously I am confused.

What fare do you use that doesn't accept an FCD?