why was labadee dropped from so many itineraries?

dorito6778

browsing the Jan and Feb 2016 carribean itineraries and labadee is hardly being stopped at! is there a reason?

Not sure if what you are reporting is true or not. I just checked and RCCL stops at Labadee on 32 cruises and Celebrity stops there on 4 cruises over the course of those two months. That is about one ship every 2nd day. I am not sure if that is less than normal or what, but it sounds like a normal schedule to me for a "private island" stop that is not shared with other cruise lines.

Oh....that's sad.:(

It really depends on the group that you are travelling with and your desired activity level for the stop.

As a family with 2 teenagers we much prefer the water park for the day at Atlantis vs a beach day at Labadee. Cost wise it's close to the same if you add on a 5 minute zip line or a 10 minute parasail.

I'm sure that later on once we start travelling without the kids we may prefer a relaxing beach day at Labadee but for now I would take Nassau (provided its a full day and not one of the 9am - 2pm stops) over Labadee.

I agree with Nassau comments. This port needs to be eliminated. I am booked on oasis for December 2015 and we stop from 7:00-2:00 at Nassau. With all aboard around 1:30, it leaves little time for anything. Plus this is on a Sunday which means a lot of shops may open late. And the high crime rate just adds another reason to not get off the ship. We plan on staying on the ship and avoid the hassle of getting off with little time. And if I am staying on the ship, I assume a lot of people will. That means less money into the Nassau economy from tourists. I vote for alabaster...we loved our stop at Labadee. In the future we will try and avoid all itineraries with Nassau if possible.

Despite what the OP entitled this thread, it appears that he is seriously mistaken and there has been no dramatic change in the number of visits to Labadee scheduled for RCI ships. No need to panic folks, just a bit of misinformation.

Not a fan of Nassau either ... but I think Labadee has gotten over-developed. Coco Cay is more laid back. Unfortunately, Coco Cay is always paired with Nassau.

What I'd really like to see is more itineraries with Tortola.

I guess we lucked out, our upcoming cruise has Coco Cay but no Nassau. This makes two eastern cruises in a row with out Nassau. We had been on 5 cruises, 3 stopped at Nassau, 2 stopped at Cozumel. I had started thinking all Caribbean cruises included one or the other. Looking forward to a beach day at Coco.

Loved Tortola, would like to go back to The Baths

Edited by Domino D

browsing the Jan and Feb 2016 carribean itineraries and labadee is hardly being stopped at! is there a reason?

Lots of western carib sailings with Labadee during that time frame. Not sure what ones you are looking at:confused:

Agree with the Nassau comment, for us Nassau = Sea Day

Agreed! And Atlantis....over rated and too expensive!

99% agreed, especially if your there on Oasis or Allure. However, after 7 years of cruising we did go to Atlantis in late October from a 4 day cruise on Majesty. The ship was in port the entire day and Atlantis was in off season rates. It was actually a good day, but to pay that kind of money for the short duration stops on most ships is pretty expensive and time consuming.

I agree with Nassau comments. This port needs to be eliminated. I am booked on oasis for December 2015 and we stop from 7:00-2:00 at Nassau. With all aboard around 1:30, it leaves little time for anything. Plus this is on a Sunday which means a lot of shops may open late. And the high crime rate just adds another reason to not get off the ship. We plan on staying on the ship and avoid the hassle of getting off with little time. And if I am staying on the ship, I assume a lot of people will. That means less money into the Nassau economy from tourists. I vote for alabaster...we loved our stop at Labadee. In the future we will try and avoid all itineraries with Nassau if possible.

Well you booked the cruise knowing that is one of the ports..........:rolleyes: