Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

People have reported it to RCL, they can't please ignorance, yet it continues. Are they making so much money off this they won't stop it? Or are they totally inept in uncovering the root cause? Or did every complaint so far get placed in the circular file, chalked up as another ranting, lying thirsty customer?

Yet another thread with more people reporting this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2501819

Posting it here so this one thread shows as many reports of this as exist.

People have reported it to RCL, they can't please ignorance, yet it continues. Are they making so much money off this they won't stop it? Or are they totally inept in uncovering the root cause? Or did every complaint so far get placed in the circular file, chalked up as another ranting, lying thirsty customer?

Yet another thread with more people reporting this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2501819

Posting it here so this one thread shows as many reports of this as exist.

Come on RC sort it out!!!

If it is a thief what else are they stealing?

From the UK we have to call a 0844 number which costs a minimum of $5 and often a lot more.RC will refund the mini bar charge but not the call charges and we have been hit for $6 several times so i would welcome any ideas to stop this occuring.

Can you change your onboard account from charge card payment to cash payment only so it will be cleared prior to disembarkation and not "chargeable" after?

In UK only number is a premium 0844.

If anyone knows differently please let us know then RC will realise how many people are being overcharged.

I have seen this number posted, but I don't know if it is still active: 0800 018 2020.

I had this happen on the Anthem in November. We had the 2 bottles of water removed shortly after boarding by the room steward. When I called RC, I was told someone other than the room steward checks the rooms following departure and if the water bottles are missing, your onboard account is charged. When I explained I had them removed, they credited my account. In today's technology world, I am surprised that the room steward doesn't note somewhere they removed the bottles. All worked out!

Or are they totally inept in uncovering the root cause? Or did every complaint so far get placed in the circular file, chalked up as another ranting, lying thirsty customer?

Leaning toward the latter, but could be the former.

I am a Diamond Plus member and have cruised on countless RCL cruises. Although always Fair to Excellent experiences this is the 4th cruise in a row that an attempt has been made to overcharge us with debarkation day charges beyond what our final bill has shown and provided to us that morning. In other words, charges that we can't dispute on-board as they appear once we are home.

This past cruise post-Allure was a disembarkation morning bar drink charge of $12.27. We don't even drink alcohol. After a painful call with Customer Service I have been told to wait 5-6 business days while they MUST check with the ship. The previous 3 times were overcharges for things like Water( we never use their bottled water) and a towel charge. (Last thing I need is a used towel). The previous times the amount was similar to this being overcharged and an immediate credit was provided when I called. Although I was very polite on the phone today it appears a call was necessary this time or a 6 day trip by carrier pigeon to the ship to ensure I was being truthful.

Just be careful. If this has become a regular practice for them with many people they are making money dishonestly or have serious billing issues. I have never had this issue with any other cruise line.

We have 4 cruises with RCL already booked upcoming and considering moving to another line as this is getting ridiculous. 4 times in a row is a disturbing pattern and there are other solid options for cruising out there.

After the phone call to recoup the over charges an email to the CEO wouldn't hurt. I did this and got a phone call from a RCL rep to whom

I relayed my concerns regarding this issue.

I have seen this number posted, but I don't know if it is still active: 0800 018 2020.

Thank you so much Bob.

I tried that number 1 minute ago from the UK and got through to RC.

I have put the number in my diary in case we get any more phantom mini bar bills because the last couple i just left.

Kindest Regards.

Graham & Pauline.

Thank you so much Bob.

I tried that number 1 minute ago from the UK and got through to RC.

I have put the number in my diary in case we get any more phantom mini bar bills because the last couple i just left.

Kindest Regards.

Graham & Pauline.

Well, now I know what GraPau means.:)

Glad it worked out for you. I assume that 0800 means it's a free call, just like here in the states?

Can you change your onboard account from charge card payment to cash payment only so it will be cleared prior to disembarkation and not "chargeable" after?

Good idea thanks but our currency is £ sterling and it would cost a lot more in foreign exchange charges to put dollars deposit down.

I normally in Europe only take $200 for additional tips for Diamond lounge,cabin steward,bar waiters and speciality restaurant waiters for our 7 night cruises.

FWIW we have experienced on several instances being charged on our Super Bill for items not received, not receiving a Super Bill or being billed absent any prior notice on board. Our way to deal with these issues is to use the RCI Website "Contact Us" feature and select "Post-cruise questions and comments". Providing the details of our concern takes little time - merely provide what your concern is!

This approach has always resulted in favorable responses without having to do anything more!

After the phone call to recoup the over charges an email to the CEO wouldn't hurt. I did this and got a phone call from a RCL rep to whom

I relayed my concerns regarding this issue.

Did the rep mention that this is the first they have heard of the problem and management had no idea this was going on?

Hi,

Just did B2B cruises on Brilliance. Mini fridge was empty but there were two large bottles of Evian water on counter. 1st cruise we got charged $11.68 but concierge reversed this after we complained. Made sure all four bottles were on desk when we left last cruise so guy checking wouldn't miss them. But, alas, we got charged $11.68 a second time. This charge was not on our final bill - only noticed it on electronic bill sent after cruise.

Will call to get this reversed. But this is definitely annoying. Is it incompetence? or by design?Going to cash account from now on.

NJ

I had a similar experience from anthem April 2nd sailing. Erroneous $12.48 was added on Tuesday, removed without me saying a word before the final day, then mysteriously added post cruise. I wrote rcl, they did not respond so I contacted my cc company who reversed the charges. Total BS in my opinion. This has been going on far too long to be a mistake. Incompetence is too kind of description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the rep mention that this is the first they have heard of the problem and management had no idea this was going on?

No, he said he knew about the issue but I got the impression that he (they) did not think it was a big deal.

I tried to tell him that many more people were impacted and upset than he thought.

No, he said he knew about the issue but I got the impression that he (they) did not think it was a big deal.

I tried to tell him that many more people were impacted and upset than he thought.

Maybe someone within cruise critic should organise a poll or petition about this issue and present it to RC. CEO to see if this can be stopped.