What is the best entree from those who have sailed recently in the MDR

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The prime rib, filets, beef wellington, and tornados of beef are all excellent. My wife loves the rack of lamb, and one night had the pork schnitzel which was very good.

We missed prime rib night but heard it was good but pretty thin. Of course you could ask for another. I thought Beef Wellington was great..French Onion soup and escargot were very good. In Tuscan Grille the fillet was excellent and in ocean liners lobster cooked by our table was a hit.

Went on cruise in February kinda at a loss for what we ate? Shouldn't have went to Martini Bar first. Thought all food in MDR was good though. Not a lot of it but good. You can always ask for more...

Prime Rib on 1st night and duck and lobster on next to last night. Lobster tail is now smaller with some shrimp. It is actually more tender than the larger tail. My least favorite night is Top Chefs. While it sounds good on paper, it is terrible. After trying several items on that menu, I now skip the MDR on that night..

My husband had lamb chops, which he swears were the best he's ever had.

My favorite was the seared branzino with parsnip puree, lentils and spinach. It had a pomegranate sauce. Nothing compared to it!

I totally agree about the seared brazino; had it tonight!

This is great information, thank you everyone.

On a related note... does the MDR (or anywhere else on the ship) serve caviar at any point? It is my absolute favorite thing to enjoy on a cruise, but it seems to be less common now...

Edited by love2driveinct

The prime rib, filets, beef wellington, and tornados of beef are all excellent. My wife loves the rack of lamb, and one night had the pork schnitzel which was very good.

Black saLmon (cobia) dish.

My favorite was the seared branzino with parsnip puree, lentils and spinach. It had a pomegranate sauce. Nothing compared to it!

Thanks for posting this, TRAVELBABE1. I was trying to remember all the details of this dish in order to post it on this thread. Best entree I've ever had on =X=. We were on a B2B, so I was hoping it was on the menu again, but it wasn't. Exquisite.

Betsy

Beef brisket last week on Infinity was my fav entree but my absolute fav item is the frog legs! We missed frog leg night last week and they made me a special double batch the next night. Now that's awesome service!:)

This is a red meat but the Beef Cheeks were to die for. We were on the 5 night Eclipse Cruise in December and it was offered on our what used to be formal night.

Hopefully, they will be offered on our next cruise.

Thanks for posting this, TRAVELBABE1. I was trying to remember all the details of this dish in order to post it on this thread. Best entree I've ever had on =X=. We were on a B2B, so I was hoping it was on the menu again, but it wasn't. Exquisite.

Betsy

I had completely forgotten the details of the dish until I saw this thread which has menu photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337209&highlight=menus

If it is no longer on the menu, Celebrity should be ashamed!