Concierge Class = Butler Service???

Cruisegoer

New to Concierge class and I just was randomly reading thru a thread labeled "Butlers". It listed mostly things people had their butlers do but it makes me curious as to what then is "included" at no additional cost regarding service? Would after hours room service still be an extra fee if your concierge brought it? I see one stocked the fridge with ginger beers, root beer, etc (drinks probably not normally found at a bar) would these be an extra cost? Something small even like sweets, it sounded like one passengers butler kept a bowl of M&Ms, would they be complimentary?

I understand the concierge providing you with things that would normally be of no cost but would other things like those mentioned above also be included?

New to Concierge class and I just was randomly reading thru a thread labeled "Butlers". It listed mostly things people had their butlers do but it makes me curious as to what then is "included" at no additional cost regarding service? Would after hours room service still be an extra fee if your concierge brought it? I see one stocked the fridge with ginger beers, root beer, etc (drinks probably not normally found at a bar) would these be an extra cost? Something small even like sweets, it sounded like one passengers butler kept a bowl of M&Ms, would they be complimentary?

I understand the concierge providing you with things that would normally be of no cost but would other things like those mentioned above also be included?

No Butlers in Concierge, nor does the Concierge deliver anything to your cabin. Check the Celebrity for the complete list of what's included in the cabin category.

Concierge Class only means your cabin is presumably located in a better location than the other balcony cabins. You receive a bottle of sparkling wine - you may have to ask for it. The appetizer platter in the afternoon usually consists of 4 Dorito chips, a spoonful of hummus, 2 olives, and 2 tiny pieces of cheese. You also get 2 green apples on embarcation day.

You now get an embarcation lunch in the main dining room - which is nice - but not alone worth an upgrade.

No butler. No special concierge.

You may ask for cheese and fruit platter, much better than the snack they deliver. If you don't drink the bubbly they give you on embarkation you can bring it to the dining room and they will give u a credit towards a bottle of wine.

You may ask for cheese and fruit platter, much better than the snack they deliver. If you don't drink the bubbly they give you on embarkation you can bring it to the dining room and they will give u a credit towards a bottle of wine.

I am not sure whether this can be done in Concierge Class but it did when we were in Aqua Class....

We didn't care for the canapes so we asked for shrimp cocktail instead. We were happy to nibble on the shrimp cocktail each afternoon in our cabin.

Not always possible - it can depend on your steward whether they will arrange cheese & biscuits instead. We have also been told twice that the sparkling wine has to be asked for now, they don't do it automatically on embarkation like they used to.

On some ships (I know Infinity for sure) the Concierge cabins are larger than a regular balcony - 191 sq.ft. vs. 170 sq.ft. I wouldn't care about the extra space on a short cruise, but on a long one or a B2B, it's really nice to have a little more room.

Not always possible - it can depend on your steward whether they will arrange cheese & biscuits instead. We have also been told twice that the sparkling wine has to be asked for now, they don't do it automatically on embarkation like they used to.

Our stateroom attendant asked us when we would like to have the wine delivered. Re changing the bottle, I was told that the policy seems to vary from ship to ship...

No butler

On some ships (I know Infinity for sure) the Concierge cabins are larger than a regular balcony - 191 sq.ft. vs. 170 sq.ft. I wouldn't care about the extra space on a short cruise, but on a long one or a B2B, it's really nice to have a little more room.

Yes, M class Concierge cabins tend to be bigger with bigger veranda's. S class ships cabins are the same as veranda cabins.

Not always the case. They are located on a higher deck, but this doesn't necessarily mean it = better location.

Phil

I think that is why they said "presumably" in their statement.

whatever will bewilder me

When we first make contact with our stateroom attendant we get the fridge emptied of all X booze and softdrinks. We then get some unopened cans of softdrink from a bar and put them in the fridge. Our first cans are Fanta as they are high in sugar which I as a diabetic I keep in case of hypos. We also bring small containers which we top up with jellybeans / M&Ms which are available from the icecream bar. One just has to ask for some in a bowl. We also use similar containers for smoked salmon which we also use for pre dinner snacks. One doesn't need a butler to achieve these things. As others have said Butlers are for suites. fresh fruit is also obtainable in buffet.

When we first make contact with our stateroom attendant we get the fridge emptied of all X booze and softdrinks. We then get some unopened cans of softdrink from a bar and put them in the fridge. Our first cans are Fanta as they are high in sugar which I as a diabetic I keep in case of hypos. We also bring small containers which we top up with jellybeans / M&Ms which are available from the icecream bar. One just has to ask for some in a bowl. We also use similar containers for smoked salmon which we also use for pre dinner snacks. One doesn't need a butler to achieve these things. As others have said Butlers are for suites. fresh fruit is also obtainable in buffet.

And is there no problem with gathering these items and bringing them to your cabin? Sounds like a fine idea, especially the smoked salmon:)

And is there no problem with gathering these items and bringing them to your cabin? Sounds like a fine idea, especially the smoked salmon:)

Absolutely no problem bringing pretty much anything you want from the buffet/ice cream bar, etc. I wouldn't carry anything messy or an overflowing plate through elevators and crowded hallways, but we and many other people often bring a small plate of cheese, cookies, and/or fruit back to the room. If going in the elevator, I'd cover the plate with a napkin - never know when someone will be sneezing or coughing right next to you! I do remember reading reports of one cruise line prohibiting food being taken from the buffet, but it wasn't Celebrity and I'm not sure it lasted too long.

We then get some unopened cans of softdrink from a bar and put them in the fridge. Our first cans are Fanta as they are high in sugar which I as a diabetic I keep in case of hypos. .

Good idea, my wife is diabetic too and I had to order room service at 2 in the morning last cruise when she went hypo on me. She was too far gone to eat the "pillow chocolate", but I was able to get some soup into her.

Good idea, my wife is diabetic too and I had to order room service at 2 in the morning last cruise when she went hypo on me. She was too far gone to eat the "pillow chocolate", but I was able to get some soup into her.

There is not enough sugar in the "pillow chocolates" to be of much good unfortunately.

We have never had a problem bringing food out of he buffet. We just place a plate over the plate of food more to stop it falling off than anything else. There is no difference taking food to ones cabin and taking it poolside