Celebrity now charging for non returned beach towels

chamima

We were on the Reflection (21 days) in late Nov and December...on Concierge class. Our steward never left special beach towels in our cabin. If we wanted to take towels ashore we simply walked up to the pool and took what we needed (as did many others).

Hank

Someone posted this Today from a current Eclipse cruise.

b8abccf05b7849fe5607e0b7db04749d.jpg

Note the Beach Towels in your stateroom post.

In the past we've left wet, sandy beach towels in a bin as we get on the ship.

Guess we'll have to take them back to the stateroom from now on.

We saw this on Summit in November/December. However, the beach towels were yellow. We also in the past would place them in a bin. This trip the one time we took the towels off the ship, we brought them back to the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It appears some ships still leave beach towels in the room, but the last few cruises - Reflection - no beach towels. I thought it was an oversight, guess it's a new policy. No problem, we took them from the pool deck and returned them to our room afterward. We didn't see anyone else from our cruise on the beach with the 'special' towels either.

Just off the Summit. We had the yellow beach towels. No note that we would be charged if they weren't returned to the cabin. Since they never left the cabin, no problem. Also took towels from the pool deck to use on our loungers on the balcony. No need to sign them out, just helped ourselves. I've never seen signout of towels in the pool area. You just help yourself from the bins.

There is no consistency in the fleet, some say that the beach towel is in the room (yellow), others in the pool (blue) and others at the exit of the boat (?)

I've been on just about every Celebrity ship. I have never seen beach towels handed out at the gangway. There are indeed two colors of beach towels. The larger ones put in the room to take to the beach are yellow. The ones up on the pool deck are blue.

I've been on just about every Celebrity ship. I have never seen beach towels handed out at the gangway. There are indeed two colors of beach towels. The larger ones put in the room to take to the beach are yellow. The ones up on the pool deck are blue.

Couldn't tell you which X ship, but several years ago, we have been able to pick up towels leaving the ship on the gangway (pool towels). May have been an isolated incident - trying a workable procedure. Now we go to the pool deck and return them there or to our room. On reflection, no specially coloured towels on Reflection (bad pun I know!).

For a number of years we have had notes left in our stateroom the night before a beach type port indicating that if the beach towel wasn't returned to expect a charge. Is this anything new?

Muffinz: I am on the same cruise with you, but just wanted to comment that in addition to beach towels there will be a tote bag in the stateroom for your use on the cruise (and to take home if you so choose). The less expensive staterooms have a bag comparable to what is a re-usable shopping bag in North America, while the more expensive staterooms have a higher quality bag. So no need to pack a beach bag.

We never use the 'beach bags' as we find back packs so much better . We want our hands free

We definitely saw beach towels at the gangway on several M-class ships. On Reflection last month there were only the grey pool towels which we took back to our room the afternoon prior to a port day and returned either to the pool deck or to our room after a day at the beach. There were no yellow special beach towels left in our room either before a X excursion or before a port day on our own available.

I'm not sure if they are making changes but on Equinox in Sept. yellow towels were no where to be found, the only towels on the ship were grey.

In Nov we had to grab a grey towel from pool to take off the ship. We personally, did not leave them on shore, but did notice a few left on benches during our travels. I asked upon boarding after our first time off, where to put the wet towels, and was told “your room.” I think if they had a bin when boarding to drop the towels in (wet towels can get very heavy), folks would not leave them on shore. You sure get a workout lugging them up the stairs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually take the grey towels and always return them. At decent hotels on land you don't have to worry about signing towels out and don't recall ever seeing a sign at a decent hotel saying "return the towels or else ".

I wouldn't say that. I have stayed at several resort hotels on land, including Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Out Rigger, etc. that have required towels to be signed out and returned. Fairly common in Hawaii for example.

Summit had the same beach towels as pool towels.

I wouldn't say that. I have stayed at several resort hotels on land, including Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Out Rigger, etc. that have required towels to be signed out and returned. Fairly common in Hawaii for example.

Agree, we have a Wyndham Timeshsre and every resort we have visited you have to sign them out. Also at the Wyndham Grand Hotels which is their top brand.

The pools towels are by request only in some ports and they ask for your cabin/stateroom number so be aware. It happened to me when we were not going ashore and I wanted towels for the deck, you have to go to pool butlers for towels.

On Royal that's the procedure. Not on X as far as we have experienced.

I just got off the Summit last Saturday. We had yellow beach towels in our cabin. The pool towels were the regular blue/grey ones.

I have not seen or had those yellow beach towels in maybe 2 years. Now just use the grey ones by the pools when spending time at the beach or snorkeling. Those yellow towels were nice.

On Equinox Nov 2017 the towels were at the end of the gangway for several of the ports. There was an attendant with a room list twice but he was not there when we returned so towels were just dropped off and did not receive a charge..

New Years cruise on the Equinox - towels were not left in our cabin. They had an attendant just off the ship where you signed out however many you wanted. You turned them back in just inside the ship. They checked off your name and counted to make sure you had the correct number of towels.

We had yellow/tan towels.