Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

The pricing structure on the new site completely turns me off. Cabin price increases when you pick refundable deposit AND cabin price increases again if you pick the cabin you want instead of an assigned cabin? Guaranteed NS, non-refundable deposit--->$2099pp. Guaranteed NS, refundable deposit--->$2299pp. You pick cabin, refundable deposit--->$2549pp.

I think I'll pass....

A non-refundable reservation *should* be less costly than a refundable reservation and a category guarantee reservation *should* be less costly than a specific room reservation.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The pricing structure on the new site completely turns me off. Cabin price increases when you pick refundable deposit AND cabin price increases again if you pick the cabin you want instead of an assigned cabin? Guaranteed NS, non-refundable deposit--->$2099pp. Guaranteed NS, refundable deposit--->$2299pp. You pick cabin, refundable deposit--->$2549pp.

I think I'll pass....

You get what you pay for ! To some people the security and peace of mind is worth more than the reduction in price. It is always nice to have options.

This is standard plain vanilla structured pricing 101... nothing unusual about it all all.

This is standard plain vanilla structured pricing 101... nothing unusual about it all all.

A non-refundable reservation *should* be less costly than a refundable reservation and a category guarantee reservation *should* be less costly than a specific room reservation.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Hmmmm..... That's not the way Celebrity does it nor NCL. Glad they are still doing it with the customer in mind.

Hmmmm..... That's not the way Celebrity does it nor NCL. Glad they are still doing it with the customer in mind.
If true, I'm glad I don't own their stock because they wouldn't be "doing it with their owners in mind".

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Interesting experience using the new web site this afternoon. I logged in to see if the items I booked would appear on my itinerary. They were not listed. I took a leap of faith since final payment date is soon and processed a payment on the new web site. All went well. Then I checked my itinerary again and like magic everything appeared as it should have. All excursions now show. That is a major relief.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting experience using the new web site this afternoon. I logged in to see if the items I booked would appear on my itinerary. They were not listed. I took a leap of faith since final payment date is soon and processed a payment on the new web site. All went well. Then I checked my itinerary again and like magic everything appeared as it should have. All excursions now show. That is a major relief.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"We've got to pass this bill so you can see what's in it."?

Full Disclosure: I do want to report the first significant problem I've found with the new website. I was reviewing my reservation and checking out the bullet items under the "Days Until Departure" heading. Here are my test results:

PASS Check In

PASS Buy EXC Tours™

PASS Best Price Guarantee

PASS Book Dining

PASS Book Spa

PASS Purchase Gifts & Indulgences

PASS Purchase Beverages

PASS Purchase Cruise Protection Plan

PASS Essential Documentation

FAIL View Deck Plan

The URL for that last bullet is incorrect. That link is no longer bringing me to the correct place. I've reported it even though I don't need it fixed; I can still very easily get to the Deck Plan through the menu (The Experience \ Our Ships \ Nieuw Amsterdam \ PDF ALL DECKS).

Regardless, I got a very nice email in response asking me to check again now. It's been fixed. They seem very responsive to reported "steps to reproduce".

Clicking on “Book Now” Question

I’m having difficulty knowing which prices are correct. I’ll see a price much cheaper than my friend, call in only to be told the reps don’t see it. They advised me to attempt an online booking to get the code although I am not ready to book. Will I have the option to stop the mock booking process once I obtain the code? THANKS!

I’m having difficulty knowing which prices are correct. I’ll see a price much cheaper than my friend, call in only to be told the reps don’t see it. They advised me to attempt an online booking to get the code although I am not ready to book. Will I have the option to stop the mock booking process once I obtain the code? THANKS!

You can stop the booking anytime prior to entering a method of payment. You will not have a booking code before you make this step.

If you are seeing pricing that is different than others, even the reps, are you clicking thru an email that displays "Private fares" or some other promotional offer? The promo emails have an offer code that accompanies your 'click thru' efforts and will result in fares not seen by others, even HAL booking agents or your travel agent. The agents will be able to see your fares, but only if you give them the code contained in the fine print at the bottom of a promotional email.

Thanks, thinfool! These aren’t all connected to an email, although I have received them, some of the rates could be connected but I know for a fact not all of them. They are visible when I log in, and I can’t find any code connected. I even gave it a few days between calls to see if perhaps I caught a sale early, but the rep still couldn’t see it. Thanks again.

We're looking ahead...

I'm having a very hard time with stateroom selection on the new website. I get that I'm being steered into a guarantee instead of my own selection. I can deal with that. But...I really want to guarantee a certain category. They have different price levels to choose from, but staterooms in all of those price levels are described exactly the same. I'm certainly not going to choose to pay the highest price for a verandah stateroom, if I am not assured of the highest verandah category.

Anyhow, just wanted to post up to see if anybody else is struggling with this or if I'm missing something. Had I been able to make a nice stateroom selection, I'd have a happy cruise on the books right now.

I had no problem at all clicking out of our automatically assigned 'gaurantee' into a cabin of our choice in the new site... piece of cake! ;)

Thanks, KroozNut. I played around with it and did better when I entered specific stateroom numbers. Got just what I wanted.

Life's good when there's a cruise countdown going on! :)

You can go as far as putting on a "hold" on the cruise and stateroom that you prefer, call your rep and give them the booking number. That way they can see exactly the pricing that you could get online.

If you don't book the hold will fall off the system after a few days.

“Favorites” Show MY Number of Selections for ALL Computer Users, But Empty

Anyone else have issues with the new website’s “Favorites”? The other day, I entered a few favorites on the "new" website. A friend was with me and she logged in to browse and compare fares, as well. “My” favorites showed up in her account. The same with my husband! Neither of them have added any favorites to the "new" site and both were previously zero prior to my addition. Yes, we were all using the same computer and were in Incognito mode. I have deleted cookies, cleared browsing history, but now when we log in we still see the “11” by the Favorites “heart” but when clicked on nothing shows, not even for my account where the favorites supposedly are. It’s really odd! And what's weirder, is the 11 Hearts shows up on the Mobile site when they use a phone to browse! Any explanations or similar experiences?

Edited by syesmar
spacing

Thanks, KroozNut. I played around with it and did better when I entered specific stateroom numbers. Got just what I wanted.

Life's good when there's a cruise countdown going on! :)

You're welcome.. And there's always a cruise countdown going on in our household. Yes life is good indeed! :D

I can’t even figure out how to do a room search on the new site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't either..would have liked to have been able to see all the available cabins in my preferred category deck by deck......gave up and looked for a Christmas cruise on another cruise line.

We book our cruises pretty far in advance so I am always checking to see if pricing has dropped. Today I tried to check but the entire cruise was missing on the HAL website. I checked the website for one of the big box stores to see if maybe it was sold out. Nope...plenty of room. I called HAL and they couldn't find the cruise either. She was going to report it to their IT department. I'm assuming the cruise will show up sooner or later.

Helen

I can’t even figure out how to do a room search on the new site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

presuming you mean how to see a list of available cabins...............

select a cruise then select 'view itinerary'

select 'book now'

select 'continue'

scroll down and select 'Edit Stateroom details'

select 'You select your stateroom'

the left side column now shows Staterooms, Section and Deck.

First you need to select the category of stateroom, so select 'edit' and scroll across to the category of room you want.

then select 'Next Step' (this is the most important bit as you must update the data by using Next Step after you change any selection)

again select the category and hit 'Next Step'

The price at the top RH side of the screen should change to reflect the price of your chosen category and the label should show your chosen category.

Next select the section (Aft, Fwd, Mid) and again select 'Next Step'

This will offer you the available decks which have your selected category available, so next select a deck and select 'Next Step'

This will give you the visual of the available rooms on the selected deck, within the section of the ship, within the category of room.

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!

Edited by VMax1700