Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Love these pictures. It's great that the tents are being removed! One thing I've been looking at is an area that is part of Eden on deck 5 that is outside, but covered. It looks like a nice option for bringing munchies from the Eden Café and drinks from the bar or café to be outside in the shade. The outside, uncovered area is right next to it.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks Lloyd..nice view!

Looks pretty with the colored glass but I still have the urge to make it more even/balanced...

It may be the way she sits in the water but I think it is more the way they fit in the curved walkway...just looks a bit off...but nice anyhow!

I am wondering about something. The cabins appear to be run by smart phone apps. Everything from getting into your cabin to adjusting lights appear to be managed on your phone. So, if you don't sign up for wifi... does that mean you can't use the app? Suppose you are old school and don't use a smart phone... is there a back up old school system like sea-pass to get into the cabin? Now I appreciate technology as much as the next person, but I have no problem getting up and going over to the thermostat or light switch. I don't exercise much as it is... getting off my behind periodically is part of my daily routine.

On sister company RCCL's Anthem of the Seas, of which Edge shares some features, you can access the ship technology (only) with the free ship WiFi without the need to pay for a WiFi package. They even have iPad stations set up around the ship to sign up for dining, shows, shore excursions, etc. My guess is that Edge will have something similar. Anthem also has wrist bands that allow you to electronically enter the cabin among other things- they are equivalent to sea pass cards. One somewhat annoying thing is the need to put your sea pass card in a reader on the wall to use the lights while in the cabin- for energy savings I presume.

I wonder if you have access to photos of the port side of the ship. I just moved my E3 cabin from 6211 to 6209. I am hoping to be in front of the lifeboat davit. Not sure I accomplished this... but I guessed based on the deck plan and a very few drawings of the port side. Not a big deal if the cabin ends up by the davit or the other, what I call, a "rescue boat" (not sure the proper term)... I am more curious than anything. Thanks

On sister company RCCL's Anthem of the Seas, of which Edge shares some features, you can access the ship technology (only) with the free ship WiFi without the need to pay for a WiFi package. They even have iPad stations set up around the ship to sign up for dining, shows, shore excursions, etc. My guess is that Edge will have something similar. Anthem also has wrist bands that allow you to electronically enter the cabin among other things- they are equivalent to sea pass cards. One somewhat annoying thing is the need to put your sea pass card in a reader on the wall to use the lights while in the cabin- for energy savings I presume.

We have pre booked all our dining, spa and excursions and will also order flowers ahead of time .

One thing we disliked about Oasis was the need to make res ahead for the shows and various events yet we still had to wait on lines which were inefficiently managed.

Hope they do not make us insert cards to use the lights..Many ofcs now have lights that turn off unless you move around every so often...fairly annoying! I like to come back to at least one light on in the cabin..

Guess we will find out when we cruise..some things may be great and others not so great. Lots to explore..

I am sure my husb will touch every gadget in sight

Edited by hcat

Introducing the sophisticated Terminal 25: future home of #CelebrityEdge.

Experience a seamless check-in before you set sail.

837f0e5703eb9572d0fb41ab5f0ff2a7.jpg78735144b5c89554a43b6ccaff583bfe.jpg54d12e8587d02070e7150b1f735a6987.jpg39cc2e388c030ef89676e4296fc28152.jpgb4a85fc55acb4459ddfdd57314cf8242.jpg30ab8660bee20bd4064707dea450d40c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

These look great.. even a coffee bar...thanks for sharing.

Main concern for us will be parking arrangements and distance to check in from there. Hoping for a HUGE improvement!

I wonder if you have access to photos of the port side of the ship. I just moved my E3 cabin from 6211 to 6209. I am hoping to be in front of the lifeboat davit. Not sure I accomplished this... but I guessed based on the deck plan and a very few drawings of the port side. Not a big deal if the cabin ends up by the davit or the other, what I call, a "rescue boat" (not sure the proper term)... I am more curious than anything. Thanks

I will try to find one in my collection. I think I do have a port side picture. :D

Introducing the sophisticated Terminal 25: future home of #CelebrityEdge.

Experience a seamless check-in before you set sail.

Sent from my SM-920W8 using Tapatalk

Lloyd - Thanks for these great photos. A while ago there was debate if Edge would dock on the Port side or Starboard side. Looking at the photo rendering you posted, she is docked on the Starboard side with the Magic Carpet facing the pier.

I did a little detective work and I think you might have missed the davit and maybe are over the little boat (rescue boat or whatever it is called). I looked at this picture and saw that on deck 3 there is a gap in the cabins and there is some yet to be determined area with 4 large windows. When I overlayed deck 6 over deck 3 on a cruise deck plan site, your cabin fell over that gray area. As you can see, there is no davit or tender over those 4 big windows. You may be over the little boat, but looks like you missed major obstructions (but don't hold me to it). ;)

enhance

enhance

I did a little detective work and I think you might have missed the davit and maybe are over the little boat (rescue boat or whatever it is called). I looked at this picture and saw that on deck 3 there is a gap in the cabins and there is some yet to be determined area with 4 large windows. When I overlayed deck 6 over deck 3 on a cruise deck plan site, your cabin fell over that gray area. As you can see, there is no davit or tender over those 4 big windows. You may be over the little boat, but looks like you missed major obstructions (but don't hold me to it). ;)

enhance

enhance

Yes VTcruising... I did not look at that lower deck.. that does help. I really don't mind a slightly obstructed view... but if I can move the cabin over by one and reduce it.. well that is idea. Anyway... I did the same thing... looking at deck 6 vs 5... Dont mind the rescue boat... gives me something to look at more closely... had a D2 on a Silhouette and kinda liked being able to look inside the lifeboat to see how it was configured... did not really impact overall view... although if you get the davit... that is a bit more disruptive... thanks for the other shot of the portside...

Love these pictures. It's great that the tents are being removed! One thing I've been looking at is an area that is part of Eden on deck 5 that is outside, but covered. It looks like a nice option for bringing munchies from the Eden Café and drinks from the bar or café to be outside in the shade. The outside, uncovered area is right next to it.

enhance

enhance

ahh, looking at this photo of the model i was finally able to find my cabin. now it will be even more exciting when we have photos of port side without the tarps up :) still have 185 days until i can check in...

Any ideas abt 10219?

Thanks

You can see it here.... count down from top deck with cabins (deck 12) to deck 10 and over two cabins to the right from the section that juts out.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/002062825799/media/123960447143/medium/1529583389845/enhance

Here is the deck plan to help

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-edge

Coverings are slowly coming down.

Up top anyhow.

0d6242f9d8087956dc02e0e6b65b77c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

A great shot! Thanks!

Lloyd, I noticed that you have no Edge cruises in your signature. Maybe you are planning to go incognito because you know you will be bothered by Lloyd groupies throughout the cruise (I know I would be one of them)? :D

I can almost see you looking out of your infinite veranda. Looks like a great cabin! :D

enhance

WOW...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

We did not have very much info when we booked our cruise, but seems we did okay...other than bed located by balc doors and being a bit close to the bump out..but I am happy with this location.

We have one more trip planned to Fla this year, but this is the biggie we are looking forward too....a big b-day Celebration.

Thanks again.