Water no longer available for pre-purchase!!

FLCruise7

Just got this response to a Facebook comment on Princess’ page: “ we apologize for the pricing error. We will be refunding the price difference to guests who purchased the water bottle package over the past day, and the price will be updated in the Cruise Personalizer shortly. We're sorry for any confusion this may have caused”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is from my cruise personaliser for my June cruise, quite shocking really.

pcwater.jpg

We are in the UK too and cruise in July on Royal Princess and I noticed the increase last night although I couldnt remember exactly how much it was previously. Unfortunately I hadnt got round to purchasing it yet. Grrr .

Looks like I will need to buy some at our first stop! No way am I paying £1.36 for a small bottle of water. I must admit though before the increase I did think it was very cheap.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We apologize for the pricing error. We are in the process of refunding the price difference from guests who purchased the water bottle package over the past day. The price will be fixed in Cruise Personalizer shortly.

Thanks for responding.......

So is it supposed to be the original price $6.90 for 12 bottles?

Just got this response to a Facebook comment on Princess’ page: “ we apologize for the pricing error. We will be refunding the price difference to guests who purchased the water bottle package over the past day, and the price will be updated in the Cruise Personalizer shortly. We're sorry for any confusion this may have caused”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This would be great news! Once it’s fixed, I’m buying my water and not waiting like I did the last time they took it away and then brought it back.

Hopefully, the price is the same as before.

Thanks for responding.......

So is it supposed to be the original price $6.90 for 12 bottles?

Keith,

If there’s anyone out there that thinks the price is going back to the original price? I can give them a great deal on a Bridge :rolleyes: or a Tunnel under the Charles St. Jail in Boston. :o

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Keith,

If there’s anyone out there that thinks the price is going back to the original price? I can give them a great deal on a Bridge :rolleyes: or a Tunnel under the Charles St. Jail in Boston. :o

Tony

Just checked and for our Royal cruise next Jan 19 it's back down to correct price. £4.83 for me in the UK. Maybe slightly more for others over here due to exchange rate when you booked.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Of course, for NOW, they just had to put the price back at the the original pricing.

Same old tactics.... make the new, inflated price, look more palatable.

Doesn't mean that they have not already planned to put a 'more reasonable' price increase in place.

I would order now!!!!

I think they will do it gradually now.

If anyone thinks this is about the environment, it wasn't.

[quote=canadarocks;55922016]Holy moly! Just checked my January cruise (which I've already bought a case of water for) and this is what is listed now..... :eek:

Bottled Water Package CA$29.33 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer

I paid CA$8.63 !!!

Hi -- water is back on my personalizer at $8.63 (Canadian). As I am a huge water drinker and cruise is 22 days -- I ordered 5 cases (I usually drink 3-5 bottles per day). Confirmation received and payment confirmed.:D

Very happy that Princess went back to the original price.

As noted on the various threads about the increase in the water package -- I am sure there are a lot of people purchasing the water "just in case" there is another change.

Other good ideas.

Pay toilets - $ 3

Pay TP - $ 7.50 +tip per roll

MUTS - $5. $ 8 gets you popcorn

Shopping show $ 9. Entry - this is a good idea

Buffet Coffee - they give you 50 cents, if you drink it.

Don't give them any ideas!!

Keith,

Tony

It IS back to the original price.

How much for the bridge??

when was the last time Princess / Carnival changed a policy back to the way it was before the change based on customer dissatisfaction?

coffee card expiration

aibp to pbp?

excursions

When the Regal on its inaugural cruise started to charge $10 for pizza in Alfredo's.

It’s been a couple of months since canceling BOGO$1 happy hours & we’re still waiting for the replacement they said they’re creating.

The replacement package is buy one at regular price and get a second one for the regular price.

I was in my Cruise Personalizer today & found that water is no longer an option for purchase (12 bottles for $6.90 - which used to be available only for pre-cruise purchase). I thought it might be a web glitch, so I called Princess. They have taken it off the choices and are "working on a new package" to take its place.

We apologize for the pricing error. We are in the process of refunding the price difference from guests who purchased the water bottle package over the past day. The price will be fixed in Cruise Personalizer shortly.

If this was just a pricing error, why were the phone reps saying that the original pricing was removed on purpose and a new package was being developed?

Were they told to say this or do reps just make something up when callers ask questions?

Keith,

Tony

Just ordered at the original price:D