walkie talkies on carnival

toppse

yea if that's the only thing that annoys people then to bad. please keep negative comments to yourself because that was not constructive. You answered, I answered, have a glass of wine and let's just leave this issue alone.

Carnival has the Hub app. It’s free and has a messaging service for $5 per person (per device, android or Apple) for the week. You will have a much better experience using the messaging service on the app to communicate with one another than with walkie talkies. They never worked well for us and the noisy walkie talkies bother fellow passengers. It also has an interactive ships map, times and locations of restaurants, times and locations of shows, and a list of daily events. You can also purchase pictures, beverage packages, excursions, WiFi packages, and spa services on the app.

hey gang. on carnival cruiseline can we bring walkie talkies or do they have something onboard as i read in a post on another cruiseline?

You might also want to post this on the dedicated Carnival forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215.

Carnival might have some sort of texting app available.

yea if that's the only thing that annoys people then to bad. please keep negative comments to yourself because that was not constructive. You answered, I answered, have a glass of wine and let's just leave this issue alone.

Well, in an attempt to be constructive, it appears that you are relatively new to CC and may not realize that the subject of walkie talkies is one of the more hot button discussions that usually results in a wide range of commentary, often with suggestions such as the one you received.

But yes, you can bring them. No, they don't typically work well on board ships and can be a nuisance to those in earshot of the strained conversations that result from the fact they don't work well.

So since they don't typically work well - and with potentially unfortunate consequences to other passengers - many posters just short cut their response in the manner of the response you received. Sometimes its the way something is said that may have what was intended to be an informative comment received as negative.

And I'm sure there may be things other passengers may do that might annoy you and that wouldn't be fair to you or appreciated by you.

Enjoy your wine......and your cruise.

You've received the information about the app, and have also learned the reasons why walkie talkies are both useless and an irritant onboard ships. Please leave them at home. If you use the search function you will find many threads on the subject, some of which contain excellent outlines of the technical reasons why they won't work.

hey gang. on carnival cruiseline can we bring walkie talkies or do they have something onboard as i read in a post on another cruiseline?

You can bring them but due to all the metal on the ship they do not work well at all out of line of sight. The ones you see the crew using have various devices throughout the ship that allow them to work. CCL does have an on board app that you can use on your phone. The best bet on the walkie talkies is to leave them at home because you will end up becoming very frustrated with the poor reception you get on the ship.

One time was enough for us. They sucked. They wouldn’t work at all if we were away from each other horizontally, even if we weren’t too from each other on the same deck. The only time we had some reception was if we were directly above or below the other person on another deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quite the chip you have on your shoulder. Is it heavy?

You asked a question. You got one - a factual one, at that. Clearly the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear. When you come here just to get validation for what you want to do, you might be disappointed when the people who are the very experts you are asking tell you the facts instead of simply agreeing with your personal preference.

They don't work. This has been discussed many times on these forums. You can't change the facts, no matter how much you want them to be different. To quote you: "Then to [sic] bad".

You can certainly bring them but as others here and on multiple threads have noted, they do not work well. To much steel in the bulkheads make the common version you can buy essentially worthless.

The other side is that they may not be legal in other countries, including their territorial waters.

The frequencies used by unlicensed devices in the US may be police of emergency or military bands, and could get you detained.

Plus they don't work well because the walls and floor and ceilings are steel.

That was rude.

This question has been asked way too many times. The simple answer is they don't work and they do annoy the crap out of other people. Sorry you didn't like the answer but it is what it is. Just need to get over it

Edited by Herfnerd

YOU brought it up!!!!!

That was rude.

This question has been asked way too many times. The simple answer is they don't work and they do annoy the crap out of other people. Sorry you didn't like the answer but it is what it is. Just need to get over it

Based on the OPs snarky reply, I would be willing to bet that he/she couldn't care less about bothering other people. Must be one of society's entitled types who think what they want is always more important than anyone else. :rolleyes:

Based on the OPs snarky reply, I would be willing to bet that he/she couldn't care less about bothering other people. Must be one of society's entitled types who think what they want is always more important than anyone else. :rolleyes:

You must understand: he was given an answer he did not want to hear —- and naturally he demonstrated outrage.

I was going to welcome you to this site, but I see you have been a member for some time now.

Anyways, this topic has been discussed many times over the years since you joined. I guess after your comment, I wouldn't expect that you would have made any effort to research it.

I just find it amazing that after your comment "if that is the only thing that annoys people too bad", that anyone one would want to share information with you, and you think they were being negative. Very funny.

good luck...bring your walkie talkie