Does Celebrity offer laundry packages? How much?

joat

We are looking into back to back cruises for 2019 from Rome to Dubai; Dubai to Singapore. This is a month aboard ship and we would need to have laundry done along the way. On previous Holland cruises, we have always used a laundry package for a flat fee and it worked out great. Does Celebrity offer laundry packages? How much?

The fill a bag offer is for wash & fold laundry. Cost is $50. It is good for DH unmentionables, sock, t-shirts, work out clothes. Laundered in hot water and hot dryer, so nothing that will shrink or fade should be sent in the bag. Other laundry and dry cleaning is charged on a per piece basis.

One other idea that we've done quite easily on very long cruises, particularly B2B: Leave our stuff at a wash and fold on shore in the am, pick it up in the afternoon. Cost: Usually less than $10. Quality: Usually excellent.

Or use the sink and a portable laundry line. We do that , too.

A recent comparison of costs of laundry:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56744374&postcount=63

this is one area where HAL definitely is an advantage, their laundry program is fantastic.

With Celebrity there is no laundry package program, the stuff the bag option gives you back clean, but unironed clothing. With the captains club, we get some bags of free laundry, I don't send out anything that needs pressing in these bags, I do the pay by the piece for those items instead. It's still (for me) better than being weighed down with a bunch of heavy luggage or traveling with dirty laundry though.

If you are Elite or Elite Plus you will receive 1 Bag (Elite) or 2 Bags (Elite Plus) per person per cruise. This is Wash & Fold only. We are Elite Plus so with 4 Bags of Laundry between us we have been taken care of very well. We pay per piece to have dress shirts done. For us the free laundry is invaluable on B2B's.

We are looking into back to back cruises for 2019 from Rome to Dubai; Dubai to Singapore. This is a month aboard ship and we would need to have laundry done along the way. On previous Holland cruises, we have always used a laundry package for a flat fee and it worked out great. Does Celebrity offer laundry packages? How much?

Based on recent experience this tends to be somewhat ship dependent. On most itineraries that I've been on there has been a mid-cruise "stuff the bag" for one low price, $30/40. However, last week on Equinox there was an on-going offer on which the price varied depending on what you were having washed, still just wash and fold service, but one price for undergarments, another price for polo shirts etc.

As an FYI, I get a couple bags free ( elite+ perk). When I add up the savings for a bag for one person it comes to between $40 and $60, fairly negligible when one considers the overall per person price of the trip.

As an FYI, I get a couple bags free ( elite+ perk). When I add up the savings for a bag for one person it comes to between $40 and $60, fairly negligible when one considers the overall per person price of the trip.

Elite /+ also get 2 garments pressed and 1 dry cleaned and we use these benefits in addition to the wash & fold bags. A perk we appreciate!

Could anyone provide any information regarding laundry for those staying in suites? We will be in a Royal Suite in December and free laundry, pressing or dry cleaning would be a game changer in terms of how I pack for the trip! I thought I had read we get 2 bags free, but I'm not sure if that is still applicable as a suite perk.

I haven't tried it yet but I did read what sounded like a good laundry tip on these boards. Before filling, line the paper laundry bag with a plastic bag and you will be able to jam more in without ripping the bag. Sounds like it would work. We only take carry-on luggage and our trips are usually over a month so keeping up with the laundry is always an issue. I wish all the cruise lines had self-serve machines.

• Like 3

Could anyone provide any information regarding laundry for those staying in suites? We will be in a Royal Suite in December and free laundry, pressing or dry cleaning would be a game changer in terms of how I pack for the trip! I thought I had read we get 2 bags free, but I'm not sure if that is still applicable as a suite perk.

Royal and Penthouse, Reflection Suite and Signature Suite get unlimited free laundry.

I've never seen laundry offered for B2B's maybe just the ships I have been on.

We have not been offered free laundry on our numerous B2B or B2B2B series either. One time tickets for a free bag of laundry were raffled off at a meeting for B2B passengers, but I have read enough references to free laundry given to B2B passengers on Celebrity that it must happen at least periodically.

Thanks for the input. HAL is looking better and better.

Sadly, HAL does not have any routing such as this Celebrity--Rome>Dubai; Dubai>Singapore (in the fall leaving the Med. season; the other directions in the spring going to the Med. season)

Thanks for the input. HAL is looking better and better.

Sadly, HAL does not have any routing such as this Celebrity--Rome>Dubai; Dubai>Singapore (in the fall leaving the Med. season; the other directions in the spring going to the Med. season)

I would not base my decision on laundry. ;) For me, at least, the number one factor is itinerary, followed by comfort of the ship & ambiance. It's well worth spending a few hundred bucks on laundry to get the itinerary that you want. Holland charges about 9 or 10 dollars a day for the unlimited laundry, but you have to pay for every night of your cruise, however, you can't us it the last 3 nights... so you'll pay an additional full price for those last days. With my coupons, I usually have about a $250 laundry bill on a two week cruise with Celebrity, not enough in my opinion to choose an itinerary that is inferior. :) hope this helps

BTW, is this the itinerary that allows you to visit Petra? I've got my eye on that one. :)

One other idea that we've done quite easily on very long cruises, particularly B2B: Leave our stuff at a wash and fold on shore in the am, pick it up in the afternoon. Cost: Usually less than $10. Quality: Usually excellent.

Or use the sink and a portable laundry line. We do that , too.

A recent comparison of costs of laundry:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56744374&postcount=63

We are thinking of doing this on a back to back cruise with Honolulu as the connecting cruise city. Is there any issue taking large amounts of clothing (a suitcase full) off the ship and then back on? I figured that even with the cost of a taxi it will be much cheaper than using the ship laundry service and the laundry will be done more professionally.

Please let me know how this worked for you.

I plan to take a suitcase of dirty clothes off the boat and take a taxi to a laundromat that does washing and folding at the end of the first cruise of my B2B. Does Celebrity have an issue with leaving and returning with a full suitcase? The cost would be much cheaper than relying on bag of laundry sales. Additionally I am not a size 0 and could only fit a few pieces in the bag. This is my first time on Celebrity, but it may be my last if I can't get laundry done at a reasonable price. It will be back to Azamara for me (they have free dyi laundry).

I plan to take a suitcase of dirty clothes off the boat and take a taxi to a laundromat that does washing and folding at the end of the first cruise of my B2B

How big is the suitcase? fits in th X-Ray machine? otherwise I think you will need to drop it with the porters.

We are also in a B2B2B on the Eclipse one TAP is Honolulu let me know how yo do it.

• 4 years later...

We are booked on the Beyond TA on 10/30/2023, and they are offering 3 different advance purchase packages at a so called 20% to 30% discount depending on the package you choose and when you purchase it.  Right now, (6/17/2023) they have an additional sale going on.  The packages are:  "Laundry Wash & Press" "From" $56.59.  "Back Home Laundry Bag" "From" $111.99. And "Laundry Wash & Fold" "From" $49.99.  The text under that said something like:  Let your State Room Attendant take care of your Laundry needs while you enjoy your cruise.  But it doesn't say if the packages they are offering are for the entire cruise.  Anyone have any idea what is actually covered with these packages?  When I went to book it, they asked me for "Which Passenger", so it appears that the price is per person?  I didn't go any further.  Hoping one of our fellow Cruise Critic Passengers will know.  If not, I will contact my Travel Agent, and have them get the details.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1