sneakers in the main dinning room?

I know that dress codes for dinner in the MDR have really relaxed recently and I know I've seen people in the MDR in ball caps, patterned t-shirts, shorts etc but I can't remember about shoes.

Going in a week on allure and trying to pack light. Don't want to be the most casual people in the MDR but also have no desire to get really dressed up. So we were thinking dark/black jeans with a top you'd wear to business casual work. but then I'm stuck on shoes. Don't really want to have to bring dress shoes (and don't have any dress shoes for my 6 year old) but sneakers would stand out with the black jeans and blouse. Thoughts?

I know that dress codes for dinner in the MDR have really relaxed recently and I know I've seen people in the MDR in ball caps, patterned t-shirts, shorts etc but I can't remember about shoes.

Going in a week on allure and trying to pack light. Don't want to be the most casual people in the MDR but also have no desire to get really dressed up. So we were thinking dark/black jeans with a top you'd wear to business casual work. but then I'm stuck on shoes. Don't really want to have to bring dress shoes (and don't have any dress shoes for my 6 year old) but sneakers would stand out with the black jeans and blouse. Thoughts?

No problem. Bon Voyage.

As the others have said, no worries. I've personally witnessed only one person ever being turned away from the MDR. A woman showed up wearing a bathrobe and fluffy slippers. Even then, they just politely asked her to go change.

As the others have said, no worries. I've personally witnessed only one person ever being turned away from the MDR. A woman showed up wearing a bathrobe and fluffy slippers. Even then, they just politely asked her to go change.

I seen all sorts of people dressed in all sorts of clothes, no one was ever turned away even on formal nights when they show up in jeans and polo shirt. Personally I never wear dress shoe I buy a nice pair of black sneakers and wear them to MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sketchers makes really cute shoes. Feel like sneakers but look like flats or MaryJanes. I wear them all the time. DH has black leather sneakers that he can wear with a dark suit. Only the toe shows and they look fine.

It’s no problem, I wear sneakers at all times, feet problems, can’t wear shoes for long....

Same....tennis shoes or skechers are my footwear of choice 99% of the time due to wearing a leg/ankle brace that makes it difficult to wear much else.

No one who means anything will care.

Enjoy your cruise!

Deck shoes from Sperry or Sebago are as close to all-in-one as you'll ever get.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums