The Upsell Fairy Has Made An Appearance

1ANGELCAT

I had a email from my TA this morning. The offer for an upsell from inside to oceanview for $99.00 per person ( double for a single).

I now have a Cat C on Main Deck. Love having natural light.

In fact, this is the same cabin I had on Maasdam 2 years ago.

Time to start packing . 1 week to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had a email from my TA this morning. The offer for an upsell from inside to oceanview for $99.00 per person ( double for a single).

I now have a Cat C on Main Deck. Love having natural light.

In fact, this is the same cabin I had on Maasdam 2 years ago.

Time to start packing . 1 week to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Very nice :)

Congrats and have a great cruise!

Always happy to hear of a great upsell! I love that it adds to the excitement. We have no chance of one on our upcoming trip because the category we wanted is all sold out. But I'm still excited!! Enjoy your trip!

I'm new to this upsell thingie. Just paid the remainder of our upcoming August cruise, through Expedia. Is there a chance they will try to upsell me, as the sailing gets closer? We have a K inside, now. $99pp seems a no-brainer, even for a totally obstructed.

The upsell thing happens but you need to be American or Canadian to get it. We are five star HAL and Aussie. We have seen American travel companions of lesser status get the upsell offer time and time again. Sucks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm new to this upsell thingie. Just paid the remainder of our upcoming August cruise, through Expedia. Is there a chance they will try to upsell me, as the sailing gets closer? We have a K inside, now. $99pp seems a no-brainer, even for a totally obstructed.

Yes it often happens fairly close to sailing well after Final Payment date. Occurs as bookings tail off and they can revenue enhance by selling up to higher cabins and opening lower for price sensitive last minute bookings. I'm sure they have models that suggest what prices will get X% response and how many more cabins will then get sold and in the end optimize the booking revenue.

At three weeks out we got an offer from Verandah to Signature Suite for $249 pp to all the way to Neptune for $699 pp and took the Sig Suite offer. Just could not justify the extra almost one Grand for Neptune. Now if they came along and offered Sig to Neptune for $99pp we would really be all over that. ;p

Yes it often happens fairly close to sailing well after Final Payment date. Occurs as bookings tail off and they can revenue enhance by selling up to higher cabins and opening lower for price sensitive last minute bookings. I'm sure they have models that suggest what prices will get X% response and how many more cabins will then get sold and in the end optimize the booking revenue.

At three weeks out we got an offer from Verandah to Signature Suite for $249 pp to all the way to Neptune for $699 pp and took the Sig Suite offer. Just could not justify the extra almost one Grand for Neptune. Now if they came along and offered Sig to Neptune for $99pp we would really be all over that. ;p

We generally book Signature and have had several offers to upsell to a Neptune. Generally these range for $199 to $399 for a 7 day cruise.

Thanks. So would I get this offer from HAL or Expedia?

If if you book through an agent (Expedia) that's where the offer will come from. Whether Expedia would bother to pass it on to you is another matter.

If if you book through an agent (Expedia) that's where the offer will come from. Whether Expedia would bother to pass it on to you is another matter.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. If I were to do it over, I'd want an aft cabin, inside or outside.

• 2 months later...
The upsell thing happens but you need to be American or Canadian to get it. We are five star HAL and Aussie. We have seen American travel companions of lesser status get the upsell offer time and time again. Sucks!

After years of no offers we got (and accepted) an upsell offer from Signature to Neptune - even though the ship shows as sold out. Whether it was because we made a fuss last time when American friends got it and we didn't is open to speculation. It was received via our Aussie travel agent.

After years of no offers we got (and accepted) an upsell offer from Signature to Neptune - even though the ship shows as sold out. Whether it was because we made a fuss last time when American friends got it and we didn't is open to speculation. It was received via our Aussie travel agent.

I am pretty sure they do a multi-hour freeze (showing sold-out for anonymous queries), so they work quickly with known inventory, and then once the 1st-pass up-sell ends, they re-open sales. We once had multi-upsell offers, about 5 days apart.