Oceania Cruises Rolls Out New Dinner Menus to Fleet

LauraS

>The new dinner menus are currently available onboard Riviera, and will be introduced aboard Sirena later this month, Insignia in June, Nautica and Marina in July, and Regatta in August. <

And when will I be on The Nautica?

Ira

>The new dinner menus are currently available onboard Riviera, and will be introduced aboard Sirena later this month, Insignia in June, Nautica and Marina in July, and Regatta in August. <

And when will I be on The Nautica?

Ira

It says in June for Nautica...if you click on the "file"

It says in June for Nautica...if you click on the "file"

The article linked says July, as Ira posted. I think he was being rhetorical, or facetious.

I'll be on Marina mid July, hopefully we'll get to experience some of the new dishes.

Check out the latest Oceania news from Cruise Critic:

Oceania Cruises Rolls Out New Dinner Menus to Fleet

Loved reading through these various, upcoming, new menu items for Oceania. We will be doing a Nov. 16-Dec. 5, 2018, Nautica sailing from Athens to Dubai. This 20-day cruise will be our first with Oceania. It will also be our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Middle East, etc. Really looking forward to experiencing these exciting food offerings.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 38,452 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

That new menu sure looks tasty! We may have to change our dining habits and try the GDR for dinner. We'll be on the Sirena May 4-20, so hopefully we'll get to try it out!

Same here....DH would love many things on that sample menu. I hope they still do a “taste of Red Ginger” on the R’s without that specialty. Next cruise is on Insignia. We love the miso glazed sea bass.

Edited by buggins0402

The article reminded me of something I have wondered about. You sometimes see ‘Cornish Hen’ on American menus. In what way is this different from chicken? It isn’t something you get in Cornwall!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The article reminded me of something I have wondered about. You sometimes see ‘Cornish Hen’ on American menus. In what way is this different from chicken? It isn’t something you get in Cornwall!

This might explain some of your questions (maybe?):

http://animals.mom.me/difference-between-chicken-cornish-hen-5812.html

Too bad that the wines by the glass are not available at no charge to those that upgrade the drink package. It seems that the recommended wines by the glass are the same for each different menu.

:confused:

Not sure what you are talking about

you can order any wine offered by the glass if you have a beverage package

You are free to bring your own bottle wine to meals & pay the corkage fee

:confused:

Not sure what you are talking about

you can order any wine offered by the glass if you have a beverage package

You are free to bring your own bottle wine to meals & pay the corkage fee

I believe that aquidneck1 is speaking about the wine pairings in La Reserve.

This might explain some of your questions (maybe?):

http://animals.mom.me/difference-between-chicken-cornish-hen-5812.html

Thank you! Looks like it is just chicken, but a particular breed. I suppose it is supposed to taste superior to other breeds. However I suspect that the cooking of the chicken would affect the taste more than the breed! Looks better on a menu, I suppose.

Hi, I may have misinterpreted this. Four courses + all suggestedwine by the glass20% discount

Now looking at the wine, I see that they may be ones from the wine by the glass list. I had assumed that they were different wines.

I hope that they have managed to work out their wine supply and demand issues so that the wines are actually available.

Hi, I may have misinterpreted this. Four courses + all suggestedwine by the glass20% discount

Now looking at the wine, I see that they may be ones from the wine by the glass list. I had assumed that they were different wines.

I hope that they have managed to work out their wine supply and demand issues so that the wines are actually available.

I am guessing that the price & discount are for those that want to enjoy the pairings but do not have a drink package

The discount is new

I was under the impression that Strip steak is the “American” term for the U.K. term ...sirloin steak. So same cut of meat ..... No? J. :confused:

Greetings

In the US a strip steak is also called a NY Strip or a strip loin and is a cut from the primal short loin. A sirloin steak is cut from further back of the animal from the upper part of the primal sirloin. They are very different cuts. Maybe they are still using the better cut and using a non US term, but without seeing the steak it is hard to say for sure.

Good Sailing

Tom