Downgraded Suite and no resolution!

amscene1

Hello,

I’m writing this for my husband about a terrible experience with Royal Caribbean and their customer service thus far. Long story short is I was booked in to a grand suite for my upcoming cruise. 3 days before sailing I noticed I am now in a JR Suite instead. We are celebrating our honeymoon on this cruise. After an hour on the phone with resolutions there was no available rooms or compensation to give me. The reasoning behind this is an error in the reservation system, not theirs and they would not offer anything else. The lady in resolutions basically called him a liar and was very short and rude. She kept talking over him and he could not get a word in

Upon writing the CEOs email I received a response via phone call that they could not do anything and she would offer me “long stem roses” as compensation.

I have taken to social media and cruise critic to get a satisfactory resolution. I have seen some pretty bad petty cases recently and never thought it would happen to me. Turns out, it’s happening a lot.

I will let you all know the outcome, unfortunately it doesn’t look like they will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it was an error in the reservation system “not theirs” and you didn’t book through a TA then who else’s fault could it be.

You should at the very least be offered the difference in price between the GS that you paid for and what the JS was going for the day you booked your GS.

You would think, but no. Just flowers.

Do you have a copy of your booking confirmation showing your GS number and payment in full? If so did you send it to them?

This is an important question. Please, answer.

I am not sure who RC is blaming for the error. If it is the reservation system, then it is obviously their error.

I would continue calling until I got the resolution I was happy with. In the event RC doesnot cave, go on the cruise with a positive attitude and enjoy. If you let this awful experience get in the way of your honeymoon you will not enjoy what should be a highlight of your marriage.

This is an important question. Please, answer.

I am not sure who RC is blaming for the error. If it is the reservation system, then it is obviously their error.

I would continue calling until I got the resolution I was happy with. In the event RC doesnot cave, go on the cruise with a positive attitude and enjoy. If you let this awful experience get in the way of your honeymoon you will not enjoy what should be a highlight of your marriage.

We still need an answer to this OP!

I am going to make a wild guess, based on flimsy evidence.

According to amscene's previous posts, this voyage is a partial charter - a singles cruise. The charter operator has approximately 70% of the cabins. (again, based on her posts)

I think that the charter operator wanted her Grand Suite and RC let them have it, and screwed amscene.

If that is the case, I would escalate this to The Lord God Almighty and not take this lying down. :mad:

According to amscene's previous posts, this voyage is a partial charter - a singles cruise. The charter operator has approximately 70% of the cabins. (again, based on her posts)

I think that the charter operator wanted her Grand Suite and RC let them have it, and screwed amscene.

If that is the case, I would escalate this to The Lord God Almighty and not take this lying down. :mad:

A little more interesting is OP posts of booking 2d cabin 12162 (if in fact they are on the Sept 15 Harmony sailing honeymooning on a predominantly singles cruise).

I am seeing that too in their previous posts, but I also see them asking about cabin 12162, which is not a suite. We need the OP back with more info.

The OP is on this singles cruise.........I'm guessing someone from this group wanted a GS pretty badly and they just bumped them from their cabin................Should have been compensated more then just flowers though.................that is BS !

https://www.singlescruise.com/cruisedetails.php?rci-eastern-caribbean-singles-cruise

Jimbo:)

A little more interesting is OP posts of booking 2d cabin 12162 (if in fact they are on the Sept 15 Harmony sailing honeymooning on a predominantly singles cruise).

If the singles cruise has 70% of the staterooms, then unaffiliated cruisers have 30% of the staterooms. Why shouldn't they book it? It probably suits their schedule/wedding date/whatever.

If the singles cruise has 70% of the staterooms, then unaffiliated cruisers have 30% of the staterooms. Why shouldn't they book it? It probably suits their schedule/wedding date/whatever.

That’s what I was told. I was already prebooked in the ship. Booked a paid upgrade. Was assigned a cabin number and then was downgraded.

They could have booked a suite QTY and were assigned a Grand Suite and being a GTY the GS was booked and they were moved to a JS. If a GS was just changed to a JS then they should get a hefty refund. Since they are not complaining about the price it seems they had a GTY and ended up getting what they they paid for, a suite

I looked at the Roll Call. I know several people on this cruise - not singles. 30% of the Harmony's capacity is a LOT of people.

And perhaps other people are traveling with them. They wouldn't be the first to have friends or family accompany a couple on their honeymoon cruise.