39 too old to surf on the Flow Rider on Freedom of The Seas?

I just booked B2B on Freedom of the Seas in December and I'm a little worried I'm too old to try the Flow Rider.:o

Lot of us 50+ do it all the time. I only boogie board, but I've seen many people older than me having a try at it. One tip, if its your first time, wait till the last couple of days of the trip so you don't have to be hurt the entire cruise.

Back in Oct.2011, there was an older man, who would use a WALKER, to get to the Flow Rider and then did a bang up job!:eek::D He was a sight; yes, I think we even took video to show him off to our friends & family at home. GO FOR IT!!!!

Side note- my DH was older than you and did it last time. This time he was recovering from a hip operation (car accident) so he could not do it. He says that he is going to do it again. I am going to cringe but hey, if he can and wants to.... You never know what will happen, so enjoy each moment!

Lot of us 50+ do it all the time. I only boogie board, but I've seen many people older than me having a try at it. One tip, if its your first time, wait till the last couple of days of the trip so you don't have to be hurt the entire cruise.

LOL, is that the voice of experience. :D

Bill

Seriously? You are young! Enjoy yourself and all the ships have to offer!

Here is a video clip of me - an overweight mid 50's woman enjoying all the Oasis has to offer!!

I was very proud of the six seconds I managed to stand on the stand up Flow Rider! Please note the cheering from the crowd of teenaged boys who were standing in line! Have fun!!

My last time on Freedom at age 43, I was in line more often than not. Even woke up early to ride. I will again be in line when on Freedom starting June 9th. Heck I'm 46, it's the new 26. I hit the rock wall a lot also, but we climb a lot here in Co. My kids would not let me bring my own climbing shoes.

Start with boogie boarding and move up from there.

Have fun.

No, 39 is not too old...

While most people may not know it, the "Fountain of Youth" has been discovered.

If you ascribe to the notion that "older you get, the younger you act" is the Fountain of Youth. Being young at heart compensates the aging process, and is what keeps you from getting old.

That is why you will sometimes see an old guy acting childish. Some people think he might be senile; but that is not the case... he is just trying to stay young.

Did it stand up last year at age 41 on Liberty. The morning we docked at Falmouth around 8:30-9:00am there were only 5-6 of us at the flowrider. Basically you waited 5 minutes between turns with that few people since most stand up rides are 30 secs or less. Great fun and lots of rides! Being older with the ability to get out of bed before the teenagers had its advantages.

Archived