Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

Are Diamonds being kicked out of the Diamond Lounge for all time or just for the nightly cocktail hours and being supplanted by the vouchers? Does this mean Diamond members no longer can stop in for a daytime coffee or another place for a quiet breakfast? That seems....wrong.

It's all rumors at this point.

Edited by Mystaken

It would be great to see the conceirge lounge revert back to suite guests only.

Based on the way they constructed Allure and Oasis the size of the CL was not for just the suite people. Another Oasis class ship has had the first steel cut.

We'll see what happens as time goes on. I think that the thousands of sailings monthly by loyalty customers eclipses the suite people that receive perks on whatever ships they sail. There is no reason for a suite guest to be loyal to any line when they receive perks on whatever line they sail. The most desired customer is the repeat customer. The higher priced cabins certainly have a high value but customer acquisition is a very expensive proposition.

I agree with everything you said! What rumor did you hear that it will happen in January? (I'm on Allure in February.) Maybe they could give discounts on various levels on the drinks packages?

I have not heard any rumors at all. The original posts seemed to indicate that people on board a recent cruise heard this as a rumor on their cruise in the CL. Stay tuned for future revelations.

Something sure has to change. On TA's and repo cruises you have close to 900 or more D, D+ & PC on the ship. They obviously can't all fit in the DL& CL but they sure do try.

Regardless of level changes that may or may not be made, I see the CL going gold card only, DL going D+ or above for cocktail hours and drink vouchers for the D's.

MY OPINION ONLY BASED ON - MY OPINION.

Just out of curiosity how do people feel about suite guests who have been on maybe one or two cruises getting more benefits than diamond members?

Is this a wind up? :rolleyes: Suite guests enjoy certain services, such as the CL, as part of the ticket price. It has nothing to do with the Loyalty program, which in the case of RCCL is very generous.

This discussion has been going on for quite some time. Based on a converastion with the LA on our last cruise, we were reminded that facilities in the CL are larger than most of the DLs. The DL will be transformed into the new Suite Lounge and the CL will be for the D+ and P members. Diamonds will get drink coupons and access to a special breakfast area.

Something sure has to change. On TA's and repo cruises you have close to 900 or more D, D+ & PC on the ship. They obviously can't all fit in the DL& CL but they sure do try.

Regardless of level changes that may or may not be made, I see the CL going gold card only, DL going D+ or above for cocktail hours and drink vouchers for the D's.

To me that is a realistic sounding scenario; D's should have access to the lounge during daytime for non-alcoholic refreshments and already provided benefits. I could see them limiting D's to the voucher system and D+ to voucher + lounge. I think there are many non-drinking D's that would be very upset to lose lounge access altogether.

Yes, it's all speculation and opinion for now, but I agree with yours. I like that they have been planning ahead and adding Diamond Lounges to all the ships, and having vouchers for D's seems like a good option. Overall, it feels like they are trying to take care of all their loyal passengers.

I really love the Concierge Club on Oasis & Allure; we'll miss it, but I could definitely understand if they change it to only Suites & Pinnacles.

It would be great to see the conceirge lounge revert back to suite guests only.

Either way it would make no difference to me. We always stay in suites, but we never hang out in the CL now that they are WAY over crowded. We usually buy the drink packages, so there is no need to go just for free drinks. If we need assistance with a reservation or something the concierge can help us with, then we will either call or pop in. I can mingle anywhere so hanging out in a small overly crowded lounge doesn't excite me any, and that is just my opinion.

I suggest everybody closely monitor Celebrity's impending announcement about their loyalty program. They have initiated a voucher system for elite members - equivalent to diamond members- and have been testing a VIP concierge style lounge for suite guests and guests with 50 cruise credits (assuming they go to cruise points, 50 cruise credits = 350 cruise points +/-).

I think this makes logical sense and could be adapted to work in the RCL loyalty program.

Diamond Members = drink vouchers + DL access for bfast and diamond concierge access during day for reservations, shore ex, spa, etc.

Diamond plus members (175-350 points) = DL access

Diamond plus members (350+ points) = CL access

Pinnacle members = CL access

We were on a cruise recently where 362 members were diamond plus, but 87 members had over 350 points, so that means 24% of guests on that sailing would have had access to the CL under plan outlined above and celebrity's plan too. Bottom line is the loyalty program points in diamond plus level are skewed to the lower qualification of points. Guests with 400,500,& 600 or more cruise points just account for less of the total diamond plus membership.

Oh for the class conscious society and cruisers. I believe that my history of cruising should not determine my perks. I should get perks for what I spend on THIS cruise. ie : if im in a suite, then give me the perks for a suite, and if I am in an inside, then let me enjoy the cruise that I was willing to pay for. enough already about entitlement. :confused:

Guest maddycat
just got off the EX. and we had 172 dia+. the CL was very very crowded. the suite guests had to stand because the dia+ members arrived at 4:30pm and took all the seats.

CHANGE IS COMING----

We were on the same cruise. There were 450+ diamonds on board. The diamond event was in the Maharaja lounge and it was packed every night.

Perhaps all of this will be covered during the Diamonds in December celebration.

There are no guarantees in any loyalty program...........things change and we have no control over them.............no need in getting upset............just be happy to be cruising!!!!

If I remember correctly, there isn't a Diamonds In December this year.

just got off the EX. and we had 172 dia+. the CL was very very crowded. the suite guests had to stand because the dia+ members arrived at 4:30pm and took all the seats.

CHANGE IS COMING----

Really, how could you tell, don't tell me you personally asked everyone to show you their sea pass card. Then again if you felt this strongly, maybe you did.

Whether of not the were D+ orSuite guests they were entitled to be there. Yes currently Entitled.

Happy cruising.

Based on the way they constructed Allure and Oasis the size of the CL was not for just the suite people. Another Oasis class ship has had the first steel cut.

We'll see what happens as time goes on. I think that the thousands of sailings monthly by loyalty customers eclipses the suite people that receive perks on whatever ships they sail. There is no reason for a suite guest to be loyal to any line when they receive perks on whatever line they sail. The most desired customer is the repeat customer. The higher priced cabins certainly have a high value but customer acquisition is a very expensive proposition.

Not completely true! I am a suite guest with well over 350 points. Since my wife passed away I am now a solo traveler and except for the busy summer months and Christmas I can sail at 150% of the single rate. That's plenty of incentive for me to be true to RCCL. I note the Celebrity does not offer this benefit.

To add to you comment about the size of CL on the Oasis class ships, I was recently on the Brilliance and the newly constructed CL had quite a bit of space. There were about 78 D+ and P members on that sailing and the CL was never overcrowded. I believe the CL's on these ships would have excess capacity if they were restricted to suite guests only but could be overcrowded it all D+ were invited. Hence the belief that a new level(s) will be created between D+ and P.

Edited by Don Pedro

For my husband and I we do enjoy some of the perks with C&A. Honestly this whole lounge issue is not an issue for us personally because we maybe go to the lounge once or twice per sailing. We did take advantage on the allure though because of atmosphere rather than free drinks. We cruise for one of the top reasons being that we love spending the day in the Solarium which most evenings we stay till after 7. To be honest my husband and I are very young compared to most in the lounges and we sometimes feel out of place. The social aspect unfortunately is not always there for us like for others.

Really, how could you tell, don't tell me you personally asked everyone to show you their sea pass card. Then again if you felt this strongly, maybe you did.

Whether of not the were D+ orSuite guests they were entitled to be there. Yes currently Entitled.

Happy cruising.

yes you are correct, CURRENTLY entitled. that will definitely change and I for one is glad to see it..

Concierge lounge access should really begin at 350 points. People with 500 points receive same benefit as those with 175 - a new level really is necessary if RCL wants people to remain loyal.

What does a new level have to do with people remaining "loyal"...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

CHANGE IS COMING----

Where you one of those earlybird D+ and if so did you ever offer to give up your seat so a suite guest could sit...or were you one of the suiter's that had to stand ?

CHANGE IS COMING----

Just curious how did you know "all the D+ members in the CL???...:rolleyes::rolleyes:..Did yo ask to see their SeaPass cards??....Please cut us all a break here:rolleyes: As Adam G. has stated before there is no need for another level between D+ and Pinnacle because of the "different" D+ perks when you reach 350, etc. etc. The 3 drink vouchers should and will alleviate certain congestion on certain ships, not to mention the "overflow" areas when some cruises have a large amount of D and D+, so please your tired old warnings are just that..tired. We've heard your spiel before....:rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail

Perhaps all of this will be covered during the Diamonds in December celebration.

There are no guarantees in any loyalty program...........things change and we have no control over them.............no need in getting upset............just be happy to be cruising!!!!

There is no Diamonds in December this year.

I suspect that has the point of the original post.

Just out of curiosity how do people feel about suite guests who have been on maybe one or two cruises getting more benefits than diamond members?

The Concierge Lounge should be for the Suite Guests and the Diamond Lounge should be for Loyalty. I have thought for quite some time that the Diamond Lounges will only allow D+ and Pinnacle members soon. The Drink vouchers for Diamonds (if indeed they do lose access to the DL) is more than they did when they kicked us out of the DL in the first round almost 5 years ago. The lounges were for pre or after dinner drinks. Not for drinking marathons. 3 drinks is a generous perk.

I myself am D+ and don't expect the boot this time, but I would gladly give up my seat in the DL for a nice D+ discount on the Premium all you can drink package.