Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

Agreed. If you pay the big bucks to stay in a suite, you should get the perks. If they don't give the perks to the Suite guests, then they won't fill them--plain and simple.

Carnival fills their suites at a premium price and they offer nothing extra that I know of. They didn't when I was in one of their Ocean Suites.

Gina

I also wonder why people think D would lose DL access. Did RCI just refurbish all these ships and add a Diamond Club complete with brand new signs just to kick the Ds out and have to yank down and replace all those signs? I seriously doubt they would continue to call it a Diamond Club if Diamonds aren't allowed.

The only major problems are on the ocean voyages and repositioning cruises. Any other occasional crowding seems to be taken care of with the simple opening of a door into the Viking Crown Lounge.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

rccl should move all dia & dia+ that have a silver sea pass card into the diamond lounge and give the CL only to the cruisers that are issued a gold colored sea pass card. this is a very easy fix and it will ease all the CL crowding. :):):) LUV-LUV-LUV

And, what about the D and D+ with blue cards? Silver cards are issued to cruisers in JS. So, not sure what you think you are saying.

If all Diamonds and Diamonds Plus were issued the three drinks on their sea pass cards in ADDITION to being able to go to the DL for Diamonds, and the DL/CL for Plus, it would relieve the overall crowding of both lounges. For example, DH and I just made Diamond on our last cruise. Since we were in a GS we really enjoyed the CL. We are now looking forward to frequenting the DL on our upcoming Oasis cruise next month. However, in January we are cruising with friends who are Platinum, so they cannot join us in the diamond lounge. On THAT cruise, we would be thrilled if we had coupons on our seapass cards. That way we could still enjoy a couple of free drinks, but could do so with our friends in a lounge.

So hand out the free vouchers and I bet that overall you will see a voluntary reduction in the number of people using the DL/CL. There would likely not be any need to 'kick the Diamonds out' of the DL and everyone would be happy.

People get upset when the lounges are crowded and there is no other option. Give everyone coupons and things will level out and you will still keep your loyal clientele happy. Win/win! :)

just got off the EX. and we had 172 dia+. the CL was very very crowded. the suite guests had to stand because the dia+ members arrived at 4:30pm and took all the seats.

CHANGE IS COMING----

When we are on the Explorer they usually have an overflow lounge in the Cloud Nine. Did that not happen on your cruise or did everyone just decide to go to the CL. Just sayin.

I sent C&A an email and asked them about the rumors and gave them some suggestions. I'll keep you all posted.

Very glad you sent an email, I look forward to hearing the response, and we can compare what info I was given this evening.

I called C & A this evening and had a great chat! We discussed the possiblity that D was getting the boot from the lounge and I was assured absolutely not going to happen.

C & A stated that because of the resent 3 drink coupons that the rumor begin. Then they told me that the coupons were on a trial and they are waiting for the feedback --- the trial was done because of all the complaints that the people they maybe traveling with are not D or D+ and P so C & A are listening to those that have called and put in their voice about this. I also added that I liked the idea of the coupons when traveling with friends that are not D, but also enjoy going into the D lounge to talk with other members.

The next thing I brought up was another tier, and without commitment C & A stated it is very possible that might happen in the future!

So that is the info that I can pass on to you. To add I was not her first call about this either.

Don't know if this has been discussed yet or not - couldn't find it by searching. We just returned from a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and there was a lot of discussion in the concierge lounge about an announcement in January involving the C&A levels. I have heard the speculation on a new level between D+ and Pinnacle but the rumors suggested that the levels required to enter the diamond and concierge lounge would be changing also. Evidently there are just too many diamonds (over 650 on some cruises in December) to adequately serve in the venues available. I also know they are experimenting with coupons you can use at any bar so maybe that is the solution.

Does anybody have any real information on what is planned?

How do you people let yourselves get sucked into this black hole EVERY TIME someone decides to start a rumor??!?!?!?!??! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Very glad you sent an email, I look forward to hearing the response, and we can compare what info I was given this evening.

I called C & A this evening and had a great chat! We discussed the possiblity that D was getting the boot from the lounge and I was assured absolutely not going to happen.

C & A stated that because of the resent 3 drink coupons that the rumor begin. Then they told me that the coupons were on a trial and they are waiting for the feedback --- the trial was done because of all the complaints that the people they maybe traveling with are not D or D+ and P so C & A are listening to those that have called and put in their voice about this. I also added that I liked the idea of the coupons when traveling with friends that are not D, but also enjoy going into the D lounge to talk with other members.

The next thing I brought up was another tier, and without commitment C & A stated it is very possible that might happen in the future!

So that is the info that I can pass on to you. To add I was not her first call about this either.

Thank you for calling them and confirming that the rumors are just rumors. We will be sailing with first time cruisers on the second leg of our B2B and drink coupons would really come in handy since they won't be able to go in the DL!

How do you people let yourselves get sucked into this black hole EVERY TIME someone decides to start a rumor??!?!?!?!??! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I really didn't want to start a rumor thread I was just inquiring if any of the CC members had any insight into what was being planned. Most of the big announcements we get advance info on this website. That is why I described what was being discussed and I thought asking a legitimate question if anybody here knew any more.

This was not intended to start a rumor thread. Sorry if it did.

The same way it happens when someone starts a "Formal" or "Smoking" topic. There are probably a few other topics that always seem to grow in no time, but can't think of them off hand since I usually ignore them... :)

Just out of curiosity how do people feel about suite guests who have been on maybe one or two cruises getting more benefits than diamond members?

Essentially, they're paying a premium for a big room and services. I'm okay with whatever RC feels like charging them for. C&A members are getting their perks for the coin of loyalty, and that's okay as well.

Just curious how did you know "all the D+ members in the CL???...:rolleyes::rolleyes:..Did yo ask to see their SeaPass cards??....Please cut us all a break here:rolleyes: As Adam G. has stated before there is no need for another level between D+ and Pinnacle because of the "different" D+ perks when you reach 350, etc. etc. The 3 drink vouchers should and will alleviate certain congestion on certain ships, not to mention the "overflow" areas when some cruises have a large amount of D and D+, so please your tired old warnings are just that..tired. We've heard your spiel before....:rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I agree......there is but a hand full of these "town criers" singing the same ole golden oldie...What.. do they sit in the CL and judge who should be there and who should not? While counting the minutes certain people are in there? All these silly negative opinions and generalizations! RC runs the Lounge and they decide who should be there.

These kinds of comments are very upsetting. So what you are telling me because of a few cruises and ships every Diamond should get kicked out of the Diamond Club? I was just on a 12 night Med cruise on the Serenade OTS and there was a tiny amount of overcrowding (overflow handled by the lounge next door), and it seemed to me the club was half empty most of the cocktail hour. The overcrowding in the Diamond Club on the Allure was solved by using other venues. Why can't that be applied to all ships?

Many ships don't even have a Diamond Club, Diamonds on those ships are already denied benefits published in RCI's marketing materials. I don't understand that if you can find a venue you should be able to offer free drinks and snacks.

Don't tell me about what RCI can do to me any time they wish. If I'm kicked out of the Diamond Club I will be very upset. It matters TO ME and I really don't give a crap about how you think I should feel about this possible take away.

I suspect that if RCI said we no longer want to put up with the hassle/expense and can't afford to give you free drinks any longer; Many, many more would be upset. What if they said we'll just close all the lounges?

I feel your pain. We were relatively new Diamonds when we found out we were getting kicked out of the CL (No DL's back then) almost 5 years ago.

At least it looks like the disgruntled Diamonds will get tickets for 3 complimentary beers, wine or cocktails per evening. That was better than they gave us.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the folks at RCI start some of these rumours and then sit back and watch the fallout, a rumour starts off the anger, then the denial and finally the acceptance when members accept what they think might be the best deal on here, RCI then makes it a reality with one of their 'you asked, we listened' emails.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the folks at RCI start some of these rumours and then sit back and watch the fallout, a rumour starts off the anger, then the denial and finally the acceptance when members accept what they think might be the best deal on here, RCI then makes it a reality with one of their 'you asked, we listened' emails.

We have had evidence before that they monitor these threads.

Really? How does RCL compare to other cruise lines. I know Celebrity only goes to Elite which equates to 10 cruises and/or equals RCI Diamond level.

I've said it before airline and hotels make you qualify for status every year. I feel if cruise lines really want to see how loyal folks are do something similar. This status for life is crazy. Whether or not, they ask their loyal cruises to cruise at least 7-14 nights each year to keep your status.

That isn't going to happen and it shouldn't happen. The cruise lines don't care how often you cruise. They just want to make sure that when you do cruise you don't choose a different cruise line. Most people can't cruise that often and if they lost their points they might be more motivated to try other lines knowing that they will never achieve any status anyway. Airlines and cruise lines have little in common other than the fact that they both operate expensive pieces of machery that move. It does little good to make comparisons.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Becaue now that RCI has announced the fix for Allure there hasn't been a lot to talk about around here.

That isn't going to happen and it shouldn't happen. The cruise lines don't care how often you cruise. They just want to make sure that when you do cruise you don't choose a different cruise line. Most people can't cruise that often and if they lost their points they might be more motivated to try other lines knowing that they will never achieve any status anyway. Airlines and cruise lines have little in common other than the fact that they both operate expensive pieces of machery that move. It does little good to make comparisons.

Agreed. And as far as airlines go, we used up most of our points for a flight this year. We will lose the balance on December 31st. We're not flying before then so won't be necessarily booking that airline unless they have the lowest fare next time we fly.

It's more interesting than most of the other comments I see posted. I don't look at CC every day but when I saw this thread, I clicked on it :p

It's got everything: drama speculation sour grapes naive optimism bitter tears of regret what more could you ask for?

rccl should move all dia & dia+ that have a silver sea pass card into the diamond lounge and give the CL only to the cruisers that are issued a gold colored sea pass card. this is a very easy fix and it will ease all the CL crowding. :):):) LUV-LUV-LUV

Silver SeaPass cards are issued to those booked in a JS cabin and those occupants only have DL access if they are D/D+/PC Members.:D

More than likely it will go to Suite Guests only, no matter what Loyalty level they are at.

Considering the size of the CL on the Oasis class ships, if their CL's were restricted to suite guests only, there would be enough unused space for a two lane bowling alley.

Edited by Don Pedro

This discussion has been going on for quite some time. Based on a converastion the LA on our last cruise, we were reminded that facilities in the CL are larger than most of the DLs. The DL will be transformed into the new Suite Lounge and the CL will be for the D+ and P members. Diamonds will get drink coupons and access to a special breakfast area.

Is this pure guesswork or did Miami consult with you? This is a pretty definative statement based on a conversation with a LA./COLOR]

To me that is a realistic sounding scenario; D's should have access to the lounge during daytime for non-alcoholic refreshments and already provided benefits. I could see them limiting D's to the voucher system and D+ to voucher + lounge. I think there are many non-drinking D's that would be very upset to lose lounge access altogether.

No one really knows what is going on or being contemplated.

Not to burst your bubble but I wish I had a penny for every person that sent the same e-mail when the D's were removed from the CL. We all know what happened!!

I have no idea what and when will happen in January but it is simple mathematics that something will change and very soon.

Royal-save yourself from the rapid fire e-mails you are about to get and just tear the darn band aid off fast and be done with it!! Man up already!!!

Is this pure guesswork or did Miami consult with you? This is a pretty definative statement based on a conversation with a LA.

No one really knows what is going on or being contemplated.

I agree that other than the powers that be in Miami every thing we hear is guess work. That doesn't mean that some of it isn't true because there are some pretty astute posters here on cruise critic. While Miami has probably consulted with the ship's concierges, loyalty ambassadors and the C & A society. I doubt any of them are privy to the final product. Miami has a great track record of keeping secrets.