Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

We ended up in the low end of Elite Plus, however, I don't think there is anyway we will ever reach Zenith, which is fine.

The program looks like a huge improvement (IMO) over the past point system.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We remained in Elite and will probably be there for a few more cruises. The only attraction for us in Elite Plus are the extra Internet minutes. Specialty dining discount, meh... they usually have them on sale on the ship anyway and as for the barrista coffees, we get that in the drink package.

I was select before and am still select. The new system works for me because I was at 7 points before the change. After our next cruise (because of the cabin category) we will be elite now. We would have had to do 2 more cruises to be elite under the old system. So I guess I am in favor of the change. :)

Select. We are a little disappointed as we had booked and paid for a cruise that would have made us Elite, but as it is 5 nights and inside cabin it won't do the job. Not a big deal, but we kind of thought since it was already booked and paid for they should have counted it.

Still love Celebrity and this certainly won't change that! The benefits to Captain's Club are not why any of us cruise I'm sure.

I don't understand your poll.

EVERYONE either stayed in the category they were in before the change or, in the case of the two new categories, moved up.

NO ONE moved down.

So what is the point of the poll? :confused:

I don't understand your poll.

EVERYONE either stayed in the category they were in before the change or, in the case of the two new categories, moved up.

NO ONE moved down.

So what is the point of the poll? :confused:

Well Karen,

It's a look at a sample of Celebrity cruisers. Did you have a pretty good idea how many people were in each category? If so, then this poll doesn't provide you with any additional info. If a couple hundred people respond to the poll it may give you an idea of how many people will be in each category for your next cruise.

Information is interesting to many people!:)

Kel

yes, this is a sampling of Celebrity cruisers. But, truly it is a sample of Cruise Critic Celebrity Cruisers who choose to respond (no science). So, we know it isn't a very accurate method for determining the total number of passengers in each of the categories on your next cruise. But, hey it fills up a few minutes of entertainment(?). Cruise On.

Sorry, this may be a dumb question but I want to see if we are Elite after next cruise. Besides the 7 points a night each for being in Concierge, how else do you acquire points? Is it because we like the 14 nighters?

Thanks for any info.

Sandie

Not sure I understand your question. If you had 7 credits prior to 11/25, that would have converted to 210 points under the new program. (Each credit was multiplied by 30.) If you had 8 points, you may have been given a 25 point "bonus".

If you are in a Concierge cabin on your next cruise, and it is 14 nights, you would each receive 5 points per night, which would give you a total of 70 points each for that cruise. That would leave you 20 points shy of being elite, unless you received the bonus points as mentioned above.

Not knowing your current total points, it is hard to say, but the above is one scenario.

If you go to the Celebrity website and click on Captain's Club, there is a section there that will explain how points are earned and how many are required for each level. If you sign in, it will also show you your current total points as well as your current level. Hope this helps!

For us we need the winning MegaMillions ticket also.

We were Elite are now Elite+ and light years away from Zenith.

We're still Elite (by virtue of our D+ C&A status). But technically, we're about 35 points short of Elite's threshold of 300. So, it will be a while before we make Elite+. And, as far as Zenith goes -- maybe in a hundred years, or so :rolleyes: (which is OK, if you're a vampire ;))!

Previously Elite was able to go to Michaels Club event and now not eligible anymore until Zenith is reached which is just about impossible--don't like that this was taken away. Even though I don't drink alcohol, I liked the COMPANY OF OTHER WORLDLY CRUISERS.