Feedback from Elite plus and Zenith members

travelberlin

Happy New Year every one! Are there any Elite Plus and Zenith members returning from their cruises wo wish to share their impressions of the new system?

The new Zenith system works well.

Free Bulgari bath products.

Free 1600 minute internet package.

Free unlimited drinks (via premium beverage package).

Free unlimited laundry, pressing and dry cleaning - just send it out, no coupons.

But:

My son got the "free" $400 (1600 minute) internet package.

Celebrity put TWO pending charges on his credit card for $400 each.

Brought his available credit line down to just over $100 after the other charges on the card.

Took TWO weeks for them to drop off and the credit line to return to normal.

Also the premium beverage package code was not printed on the seapass card at embarkation. Had to have the seapass cards remade. Took 15 minutes just to find more new Zenith cards:confused:

When booking an inside cabin the benefits are worth more than the cost of the cruise:)

Apparently Celebrity is taking away one benefit to which Elites had access. It is the 10% discount or Galapagos cruises :( Is this perk now bein offered for Elite plus or Zenith members?

I have heard nothing about this from Celebrity one way or the other - including the loss of the 10% discount:confused:

The new Zenith system works well.

Free Bulgari bath products.

Free 1600 minute internet package.

Free unlimited drinks (via premium beverage package).

Free unlimited laundry, pressing and dry cleaning - just send it out, no coupons.

But:

My son got the "free" $400 (1600 minute) internet package.

Celebrity put TWO pending charges on his credit card for $400 each.

Brought his available credit line down to just over $100 after the other charges on the card.

Took TWO weeks for them to drop off and the credit line to return to normal.

Also the premium beverage package code was not printed on the seapass card at embarkation. Had to have the seapass cards remade. Took 15 minutes just to find more new Zenith cards:confused:

When booking an inside cabin the benefits are worth more than the cost of the cruise:)

Hi Tom,

Looks like they have a few glitches to work out to make it seamless. Thank you for the info. that I had to call cpt. club to order the beverage package. In time, hopefully this will not be necessary.

I look forward to the Silhouette on 12 Jan. to check everything out. :)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful new year. Please say hello to Rita for me.

I don't intend to appear unappreciative, but while the E+ perks are nice and I would not turn them down, I don't think they are anything really that special.

IMHO going from Select to Elite is a much better deal than going from Elite to Elite+.

We did not need or use all the additional internet time or the extra laundry coupons.

What we previously received for Elite was sufficient for us.

While the cappuccinos and lattes are nice, they are really no big deal. They were already available to everyone attending the Elite breakfast, and one or two per day are plenty for us.

The E+ perks are nothing anywhere close to the Zenith perks (but neither are the points needed to get them). ;)

If we were not already E+, we certainly would not expend any extra effort or expense to get there.

Has anyone managed to get Americanos free of charge as Elite Plus? It's very limiting that the free coffees are the more expensive ones including milk - or do I have to go and ask for a latte with no milk?

I don't intend to appear unappreciative, but while the E+ perks are nice and I would not turn them down, I don't think they are anything really that special.

IMHO going from Select to Elite is a much better deal than going from Elite to Elite+.

We did not need or use all the additional internet time or the extra laundry coupons.

While the cappuccinos and lattes are nice, they are really no big deal. They were already available to everyone attending the Elite breakfast, and one or two per day are plenty for us.

The E+ perks are nothing anywhere close to the Zenith perks (but neither are the points needed to get them). ;)

If we were not already E+, we certainly would not expend any extra effort or expense to get there.

Not there yet but we have no reason to try for elite plus. Same as you not interested in the extra internet. We functioned happily finding free Wifi in port and now at Elite have enough to get boarding passes and check to see what is happening ta home.

We have changed a lot of our clothes to easy wash and quick dry .. stuff we don't want Celebrity to throw in hot wash and dry so our current elite laundry is enough

Celebrity failed to consider tea drinkers with the last perk so we will never use that.

I am sure that many will love the elite plus perks... just nothing for us

We will never reach zenith

Anyway we will happily cruise with Celebrity as we have been

I am of the same mind as you. Don't get me wrong either - I am thankful for what I do get. That being said, the additional perks for Elite+ are worth very little to me. Will never use that much internet in a million years. Most people would only do one or possibly two of those coffees per day, and many will not use it at all as they don't drink coffee, or prefer tea. Loved the Elite laundry coupon, but one is plenty for any cruise under 2 weeks. Discount on Specialty Restaurant can usually be found for anyone while onboard, and these days many already get the drink package free as part of the various promos. I can think of many other perks they could have included instead at similar $$ value, but sounds like they didn't listen to any of the many suggestions that were posted on these boards in various threads:(.

Hi Tom,

Looks like they have a few glitches to work out to make it seamless. Thank you for the info. that I had to call cpt. club to order the beverage package. In time, hopefully this will not be necessary.

I look forward to the Silhouette on 12 Jan. to check everything out. :)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful new year. Please say hello to Rita for me.

Hi Anne,

Have fun on the Silly. The four of us will be on the Reflection then. Looking forward to seeing you again on the Century in February:) Tom

Has anyone managed to get Americanos free of charge as Elite Plus? It's very limiting that the free coffees are the more expensive ones including milk - or do I have to go and ask for a latte with no milk?

I have read on these boards recently that Celebrity now carry Lactose free milk; my reason for having no milk is a dairy sensitivity. Now Soya milk does not mix well with coffee, but Lactose free does, so maybe I will be able to have a cappuccino or latte after all.

Oh dear, I'm not Elite + yet!

Luckily for me Elite breakfast serve them!

We're elite plus. A few weeks ago I was able to get Americanos, white chocolate mochas, etc on the Constellation. Servers said I could have anything on that first page of the menu where the expressos are listed...they said it was all the same to them even though only a couple of coffees are listed as the benefit. The only problem was that the free coffee was new to the servers. A couple of times they brought me a slip to sign and it took a little time to get the charge removed. Hopefully they are all looking for the elite plus on the seapass now rather than just whether or not the customer has the beverage package. It wouldn't hurt to call their attention to the fact that you are elite plus. I understand that they code it differently when they swipe your card. Enjoy!!

Thanks for your opinion. I think you are right that Elite plus is not really a big deal. Elite level and Zenith level seem to be the ones which are more rewarding. Unfortunately not many people are Zenith and it is quite hard to reach that level.

It think that Celebrity has made a mistake there because with the nice perks offered at Zenith level, Celebrity is only recognising loyalty of the frequent cruisers who have already accumulated so many points to be Zenith now, but it is not motivating other passengers to move to that level because Zenith appears so unreachable:(

Well said, I have been feeling this way since the announcement was made. Elite benefits are a really nice jump from the lower levels, but the jump from Elite to Elite Plus with a more than double requirement to get there is disappointing.

My wife and I are Elite Plus, but our grown children and their families are Elite. None of them feel that Elite Plus benefits are worth striving for as they don't see any meaningful increase in benefits. I don't think that they will be paying anything extra to get to the next level as they would have if Elite Plus had more meaning.

RCI, at least for me, seems to have better benefits for Diamond Plus over Diamond with the use of the Concierge Lounge.

I guess that The positive side of the differentiation of Elite to Elite Plus is that when we sail with our children, they won't feel like they are missing out on anything important...... But I will.

I think Celebrity missed out on Elite Plus.... They just phoned it in.

We're elite plus. A few weeks ago I was able to get Americanos, white chocolate mochas, etc on the Constellation. Servers said I could have anything on that first page of the menu where the expressos are listed...they said it was all the same to them even though only a couple of coffees are listed as the benefit. The only problem was that the free coffee was new to the servers. A couple of times they brought me a slip to sign and it took a little time to get the charge removed. Hopefully they are all looking for the elite plus on the seapass now rather than just whether or not the customer has the beverage package. It wouldn't hurt to call their attention to the fact that you are elite plus. I understand that they code it differently when they swipe your card. Enjoy!!

Thanks that is really helpful. It would seem common sense prevails as well if they are saying any coffee that is the same price as a latte - thank you for your timely reminder though about keeping an eye on the account for rogue charges. Hopefully in time that glitch will settle down

for Elite Plus available in the dining room as well as the Café...say after dinner? LuAnn

Hi LuAnn, we were on Eclipse in December, and being Elite Plus, we were able to get specialty coffee everywhere with no problem. I have to say we didn't ask in the Blu restaurant, but had some in the Oceanview Café at noon and at the Café al Bacio several times.

Where are you cruising next?

Gerry

Hi LuAnn, we were on Eclipse in December, and being Elite Plus, we were able to get specialty coffee everywhere with no problem. I have to say we didn't ask in the Blu restaurant, but had some in the Oceanview Café at noon and at the Café al Bacio several times.

Where are you cruising next?

Gerry

By specialty coffees, I'm sure you mean cappuccino/espresso/lattes, all non-alcoholic?

By specialty coffees, I'm sure you mean cappuccino/espresso/lattes, all non-alcoholic?

Yes of course, in my understanding, specialty coffees do not include coffees with alcohol. I was going to mention this, but thought it was understood. The Celebrity website calls this "unlimited complimentary cappuccinos and lattes". But I know it also includes espressos. Thank you for the question.

Gerry

We were on the Equinox over Christmas. We are elite-plus, but when I ask for a expresso for breakfast in the MDR, they had the head waiter come over and tell me that it is only available in Tuscan. So I walked out of the MDR and when to the Café and got a togo and brought it in the Dining Room. Did it a few mornings.

Yes of course, in my understanding, specialty coffees do not include coffees with alcohol. I was going to mention this, but thought it was understood. The Celebrity website calls this "unlimited complimentary cappuccinos and lattes". But I know it also includes espressos. Thank you for the question.

Gerry

The reason I asked is there is a coupon that allows a free specialty coffee if you dined in a specialty restaurant. I ordered an Irish Coffee, and it had alcohol in it.

When I first boarded Reflection on 7 Dec, the one coupon was for a complimentary cappuccino or latte. I went to the Café el Bacio and ordered a double cappuccino, hold the milk as I wanted a double espresso. :D Later found out thru the Capt Club Hostess that it was unlimited capp/latte/espressos.

Hi Tom, as we were leaving SI I was told the policy has changed. My best guess is they will honor the top cruisers and mention the rest maybe at the Celebration Party. We did not like that much the Presentation in the theater either.

I'm sure HH whether in Sky or with chits will continue unabated.

Rick

We were the Top Cruisers on the New Year Eve cruise on Reflection. We were given the award on stage at the Captain's welcome. No other mention, thankfully, during CC Parties.

On this cruise Michael's Club was open to all guests on the ship.

The reason I asked is there is a coupon that allows a free specialty coffee if you dined in a specialty restaurant. I ordered an Irish Coffee, and it had alcohol in it..
Strangely, we used to get that coupon on our coupon sheet in the past when we were Elite, but we did not receive it as Elite Plus. :confused:

I guess we could have requested one from the Captain's Club hostess if we really wanted it, but we didn't bother.

Thinking about it now, it would be interesting to know if other Elite Plus passengers got that coupon.

Just off a wonderful cruise on the Century. Jonette was the Captain's Club hostess and she did an outstanding job.

There were 126 Elite members on board, 23 Elite Plus, and no Zenith Members.

At the Elite happy hour entrance (Crystal Room) there was a brand new banner (maybe seven feet tall) that showed happy passengers (models) and the words -- "Elite, ElitePlus, Zenith" Everything was combined. Very cordial and happy group!

Enjoy!

Kel:)