Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I was originally thinking only a land trip in summer 2015 (throughout UK, including Wales, Scotland and Ireland)...but Istanbul has been on my bucket list for a long, long time. Can't wait to see the Rhapsody itineraries. And I believe Celebrity releases around the same time, so I can do some comparisons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love reading the 'hopes' people have for the various locations that RCI will can change the deployment of the ships. What will be sailing from Europe or Asia, or go to Australia? Keep in mind, that with Majesty of the Seas, leaving the fleet, some ship will have to replace her. MOS can still be booked for cruises until Spring of 2015 and maybe into 2016, by which time they will have 3 new ships in the fleet.

But one of the ships will be deployed to replace her. That will automatically open up another slot.

Miami port schedule only goes up to Jan 2015. Rci hardly shows on any ports. Keeping us guessing

Looks like we will have to wait. Although they say Monday, it will be probably mid week

I think you are probably correct. Notice that the release says "Week of" which is quite different than "the Day of". Gives them a little wiggle room. Nonetheless we are bound to read complaints on these boards when the info isn't available first thing Monday morning. LOL

but Istanbul has been on my bucket list for a long, long time. Can't wait to see the Rhapsody itineraries. And I believe Celebrity releases around the same time, so I can do some comparisons.

I did 12-day Turkey/Greece on the X-Constellation 2 yrs ago, overnighter in Istanbul... one of my favorite trips ever. Istanbul was a blast and an extremely nice surprise for me imo. I too am waiting for the Rhapsody itineraries... only decent options thus far into Black Sea seem to be Costa:( and other luxury/highly expensive lines:(:(. The Azamara itineraries are fantasic... if Rhapsody itineraries somewhat the same I'm afraid they'll be quite expensive and sell out quickly as well!!

I'm gonna have a real problem next year... I'm looking forward to Rhapsody itineraries, Jewel Panama Canal and West Coast, repo of Navigator... I need to win the lottery and quit my job :eek:

Miami port schedule only goes up to Jan 2015. Rci hardly shows on any ports. Keeping us guessing

An interesting thought.... I remember reading a CC poster saying that perhaps RCL is preparing to leave Miami altogether. They can have the Vision or any other ship for that matter do these 3/4 day short runs to Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale instead once Majesty retired.

An interesting thought.... I remember reading a CC poster saying that perhaps RCL is preparing to leave Miami altogether. They can have the Vision or any other ship for that matter do these 3/4 day short runs to Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale instead once Majesty retired.

Why even retire Majesty? It seems to fill a nice niche for the 3/4 day market. Does RCI not want to be on the hook for the next drydock tab, or??

Why even retire Majesty? It seems to fill a nice niche for the 3/4 day market. Does RCI not want to be on the hook for the next drydock tab, or??

Personally. I think they will replace Majesty and still keep a ship in Miami when the time comes to retire her.

Why would they give up a lucrative earner.

Who's to say they wont bring a bigger ship to join Majesty in Miami as Fort Lauderdale get more congested.

I did 12-day Turkey/Greece on the X-Constellation 2 yrs ago, overnighter in Istanbul... one of my favorite trips ever. Istanbul was a blast and an extremely nice surprise for me imo. I too am waiting for the Rhapsody itineraries... only decent options thus far into Black Sea seem to be Costa:( and other luxury/highly expensive lines:(:(. The Azamara itineraries are fantasic... if Rhapsody itineraries somewhat the same I'm afraid they'll be quite expensive and sell out quickly as well!!

I'm gonna have a real problem next year... I'm looking forward to Rhapsody itineraries, Jewel Panama Canal and West Coast, repo of Navigator... I need to win the lottery and quit my job :eek:

I did reflection last year and did 2 days in Istanbul, such an amazing city and what an itinerary!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Personally. I think they will replace Majesty and still keep a ship in Miami when the time comes to retire her.

Who's to say they wont bring a bigger ship to join Majesty in Miami as Fort Lauderdale get more congested.

I agree, given the competition in Miami I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the tonnage there (whilst still keeping to high levels in Ft Lauderdale)

I too am waiting for the Rhapsody itineraries... only decent options thus far into Black Sea seem to be Costa:(

No! Just look at Celebritys great Black Sea itineraries with CONSTELLATION! They are Perfect and not too expensive!

I can understand that you do not wanna go with Costa! :D Bad Port timings and a lack of service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by celebrity_fan

I would think that part of the equation on whether or not to retire the Majesty would e somewhat dictated by Pullmanteurs plans. The Sovereign and the Monarch have both gone to Pullmanteur so I would expect the same for the Majesty. If she is going to join her sisters then the cost of the Drydock would be a non issue as the cost would end up coming out of the same parent company.

Those 3-4 day Bahamas cruises attract a ton of first time and young cruisers. The Majesty is well over twenty years old is becoming less competitive every year. She's a fun little ship, but she is not a good representation of Royal Caribbean to those first time cruisers and customers who have sailed other lines. IMO, the tiny rooms and limited amenities are obsolete compared to modern cruise ships.

I think the ultimate word on Majesty's fate with Royal Caribbean will lie within the combination of her age and the upcoming International Emissions Treaty with which Majesty does not comply.

They were planning to sell Majesty of the Seas in 2010 - I heard the brass from Miami came on board and had such a great time onboard that she got a reprieve!

My thinking is that a Vision class ship will replace Majesty.

Nancy

No! Just look at Celebritys great Black Sea itineraries with CONSTELLATION! They are Perfect and not too expensive!

Yup, saw those.... 3 sailings:

2 sailings of them decently priced ($1300 for an interior 12 night) but in Black Sea only 5-6 days then come back out and go to Mykonos, Athens, Ephesus, etc.

Only 1 sailing, DOUBLE the price ($2200 interior 11 nights), does the entire 11 nights in the Black Sea with a one of a kind itinerary

That one special sailing is what I'd want ... I just looked at Oceana and Seabourn's pricing for Black Sea this summer... UUUUUGGGHHHH!!! :eek::eek::mad:

Adventure will still be in Southampton for summer 2015 along with Anthem

A new e-brochure is out for Anthem/Adventure highlighting some of the itineraries. I'm hoping that there are more though! I was hoping for an Anthem to the Fjords and Iceland!

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b1acb27d#/b1acb27d/11

From Cruise Industry News:

Anthem, Adventure, Serenade and Brilliance of the Seas Set for Europe 2015

Monday, 10 February 2014

Royal Caribbean International today announced that the second ship in the new and most advanced Quantum class of ships, Anthem of the Seas, will be joined by Adventure of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas in the U.K. as part of an unprecedented 2015 Europe season. As previously announced in November 2013 at an exclusive event for media and special guests at London’s iconic Heron Tower, the highly anticipated Anthem of the Seas will homeport at Southampton, U.K. when it launches in April 2015.

The ship will mark its inaugural Europe season with 19 cruises to the Spanish, French and Italian rivieras, and the Canary Islands on three- to 16-night itineraries, and then reposition in late-October 2015 to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and sail five-night short Caribbean, six-night Western Caribbean and eight-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries through April 2016 for its first winter season.

Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members will have the exclusive privilege to reserve their staterooms earlier than the general public on Anthem of the Seas inaugural year sailings. Anthem of the Seas’ summer 2015 Europe cruises will be available for member bookings starting Feb. 26, 2014 and the ship’s winter 2015-16 Caribbean cruises will be open for members starting Mar. 12, 2014. Bookings for the general public on Anthem of the Seas’ summer 2015 Europe cruises and winter 2015-16 Caribbean sailings will be opened on Mar. 3 and 20, 2014, respectively.

Serenade of the Seas also will join Anthem of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas in the North Sea in summer 2015, and offer a range of Scandinavia and Russia, as well as Norwegian Fjords, sailings from Copenhagen, Denmark, and Stockholm, Sweden. Adventure of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas will open for booking on Feb. 26, 2014.

Adventure of the Seas will sail three- to 16-night, roundtrip itineraries to Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, or Madeira, Azores and Canary Islands. The ship also will sail two trans-Atlantic Ocean Voyages – a 12-night itinerary from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Southampton on May 3, 2015, and from Southampton to Port Canaveral, Fla. on a 15-night return itinerary on Oct. 16.

Offering vacationer a second British port to embark on an unforgettable Royal Caribbean Europe vacation, Brilliance of the Seas will reposition from Tampa, Fla. to its homeport of Harwich, England, on a 14-night trans-Atlantic Ocean Voyage on May 4, 2015, and continue with 12-night roundtrip Scandinavia and Russia sailings from mid-May through August. A July 29 sailing will take guests on a special 12-night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland itinerary, featuring an overnight call at Reykjavik, Iceland.

For its part, Serenade of the Seas also will offer vacationers seven- to 13-night Scandinavia, Russia and Norwegian Fjord itineraries from May through August. The ship will sail from Copenhagen from May through June and in the month of August, bookending sailings from Stockholm from mid-June through July.

Vacationers also can choose four repositioning cruises on Serenade of the Seas. The April 11, 2015, sailing will take guests on a 13-night Caribbean itinerary from New Orleans, La., to Boston, Mass., followed by a 15-night trans-Atlantic Ocean Voyage to Copenhagen via the North Sea. Finally, a 16-night westbound trans-Atlantic Ocean Voyage from Copenhagen to Cape Liberty via Iceland will depart on Aug. 30.