Caught on Independence with liquor in room

Ok I learned something on our last cruise. We had a pint of scotch and a pint of rum in our checked baggage that made it to our room. On the 3rd day it was removed from the shelf it was sitting on. We had a notice that stated it was not allowed and any unopened liquor would be returned the last night of the cruise.

I asked our steward what happened as I assumed he reported us. He said he did not. He also said what happens is when your refrig is checked if they see liquor sitting out they remove it. Well I did not know that someone other than your steward came in to your cabin to check your refrig! He also told me I should have hid it. Regardless it was returned to us in spite of the fact neither bottle was sealed. Lesson learned.

We have always had liquor of some sort left out in open on every cruise.

Nobody has ever messed with it.

I would be pissed if that guy took it.

Then would find him and confront him about it...

Bringing Booze Onboard

Bringing liquor onboard at embarkation: It's not allowed. If found, it will be confiscated and destroyed.

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Passengers can bring a maximum of two bottles of wine per cabin during embarkation. Bottles must be 750 ml each or smaller, and passengers who want to drink their wine in public spaces such as bars or restaurants must pay a $25 corkage fee per bottle. Each bottle must retain the original manufacturer's seal and exhibit no signs of tampering.

Purchasing liquor in port: It will be retained until the end of the cruise.

Purchasing liquor in ships' duty-free shop: Items purchased in the shops onboard are held until the end of the voyage.

I think that the above is self explainitory. or maybe you operate on other rules in the National Assn of Rum Runners?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love it. :D "Give me back my liquor that I wasn't supposed to bring on the ship." Let us know how that works out. It could win best thread. :D

Love it. :D "Give me back my liquor that I wasn't supposed to bring on the ship." Let us know how that works out. It could win best thread. :D

You might be surprised what a little "friendly" persuasion can do.

It works for me many of times.......

Ok I learned something on our last cruise. We had a pint of scotch and a pint of rum in our checked baggage that made it to our room. On the 3rd day it was removed from the shelf it was sitting on. We had a notice that stated it was not allowed and any unopened liquor would be returned the last night of the cruise.

I asked our steward what happened as I assumed he reported us. He said he did not. He also said what happens is when your refrig is checked if they see liquor sitting out they remove it. Well I did not know that someone other than your steward came in to your cabin to check your refrig! He also told me I should have hid it. Regardless it was returned to us in spite of the fact neither bottle was sealed. Lesson learned.

You are new to Cruise Critic. The more you read the more you will learn here. Especially when it comes to alcohol.

I just read where you cannot bring non-alcoholic beverages on board. I haven't sailed for two years, but then, you could not bring ANY alcohol on board (the 2 wine bottles it new to me) but I always brought pop and bottled water with no problem. What gives with you can bring booze but not pop/water?

I just read where you cannot bring non-alcoholic beverages on board. I haven't sailed for two years, but then, you could not bring ANY alcohol on board (the 2 wine bottles it new to me) but I always brought pop and bottled water with no problem. What gives with you can bring booze but not pop/water?

That's the official policy.

Most people have reported that they have no problems taking on a reasonable amount of pop/water with the possible exception being the spring break period where they tend to be a bit more viligant in enforcing this rule.

OK, what kind of persuasion are you talking about? Begging? Pleading? Threats?

I seriously do not think that any of that will work.

You may find yourself waving bye bye to the bow of ship as you stand on the pier.

It's about time RCL followed their policy. I'd like to see them enforce more of their policies in other areas too.

Bringing Booze Onboard

Bringing liquor onboard at embarkation: It's not allowed. If found, it will be confiscated and destroyed.

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Passengers can bring a maximum of two bottles of wine per cabin during embarkation. Bottles must be 750 ml each or smaller, and passengers who want to drink their wine in public spaces such as bars or restaurants must pay a $25 corkage fee per bottle. Each bottle must retain the original manufacturer's seal and exhibit no signs of tampering.

Purchasing liquor in port: It will be retained until the end of the cruise.

Purchasing liquor in ships' duty-free shop: Items purchased in the shops onboard are held until the end of the voyage.

I think that the above is self explainitory. or maybe you operate on other rules in the National Assn of Rum Runners?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch out the liquor **** is about!

There is no crying in cruising. Turn off the waterworks!

I don't think threatening that your dad can beat up their dad will work either.

If, by chance, you were implying that you would threaten the cruise ship employee with physical violence... good luck with that. It's a good way to get the boot from a ship or something more serious back on land. Especially over something that you were doing wrong in the first place.

Like the dress code in MDR ? :p. I couldn't help myself. Sorry

Agree:D:D

Add to that subbed and chair hoggers

CL and DL chair hoggers

Q jumpers

Bad manners

Etiquette failures

Obnoxious guests

Tip stiffers

The list goes on!