Majesty .. SO ******* Expensive ... Why ??

F27TW

Wanna surprise my honey with a quicky 3 day cruise this March for his birthday ... we will be in FLA already .. so my options (same date) were:

-Enchantment outta Port Canaveral ... D1 .. for 1036 ttl

-Majesty outta Miami ... JS (same as D1 on Enc.) for 1365 ttl... :eek:

Ummmm ... WHAT ???? the oldest damn ship in the fleet is SO much more xpensive ? WHY??

We have been on Monarch before .. and loved it .. but why would Majesty be so much more xpensive than Enchantment ??

I dungeddit !!

Sovereign, Monarch and Majesty have always had BIG price jumps up to Junior Suites, because they do not have balcony cabins.

JME.

:)

Yikes! still just seems so strange that what would be a D1 on a newer ship would be so high on Majesty because of how its categorized ..... very weird!!

IMO they shld just call the balcony cabins D1 and charge accordingly to keep them in line with what they would be otherwise.

Seems like a bit of misleading and gouging how theyre doing it.

You also get double points with a JS instead of a D1.

Historically speaking, booking way ahead for a 3 day cruise has never been a smart play for value. I understand you'll need airfare to be sorted out, but the longer you can wait the better chance you've got of a lower fare.

Personally speaking, a 3 day cruise with a port each day wouldn't warrant the expense for a balcony on either ship; I'd save some major bucks to spend in Miami.

You also get double points with a JS instead of a D1.

Historically speaking, booking way ahead for a 3 day cruise has never been a smart play for value. I understand you'll need airfare to be sorted out, but the longer you can wait the better chance you've got of a lower fare.

Personally speaking, a 3 day cruise with a port each day wouldn't warrant the expense for a balcony on either ship; I'd save some major bucks to spend in Miami.

ah thanks for the scoop re: double points ... we just hit Platinum but im still not as up on these things as I should be.

and I do agree with you re: not paying for a balcony. .. but this is for the birthday boy ... and esp since this his BDay gift, if I didn't go with a balcony cabin, there would be NO living with him ! LOL

(but I think ill hold off a bit on booking either, per your advice! ;) )

Edited by F27TW

Do also consider that March = Spring Break = Higher prices overall.

jeez I hadn't even thought of that !! ... now, see why I need my CC friends to guide me in these things?!

Unfortunately, tho .. we are stuck pretty much with that early March period because of our vaca from work ... so its gonna be what its gonna be ... but I will def still hold off a bit.

leaning toward EN outta PC in any case tho ... haven't been on her yet

jeez I hadn't even thought of that !! ... now, see why I need my CC friends to guide me in these things?!

Unfortunately, tho .. we are stuck pretty much with that early March period because of our vaca from work ... so its gonna be what its gonna be ... but I will def still hold off a bit.

March Cruises are often very expensive because of the spring break situation.

The period around Presidents day can also get expensive because much of New England is off school for that week (plus it runs around Valentines day too)

If you could possibly go the last week of Feb you could probably save quite a bit of money

Enchantment is a great ship. I was on her a month ago and it was so much fun. I haven't been on Majesty but Enchantment looks a lot nicer than Majesty. There is a review in my sig if you are interested :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do also consider that March = Spring Break = Higher prices overall.

That was exactly my thought when I saw March. Majesty is a huge SB ship that month.

F27TW, I recommend the Enchantment. As much as I love the Majesty, I just think Vision Class is so much better.

The JS prices on the Majesty don't seem to go on sale ... since those are the lowest balcony cabins, they don't seem to have any problems filling them up.

And prices on the ships out of PC seems to be lower overall and I'm guessing that's because the ground transportation to and from Orlando puts people off -- both on cost and inconvenience.

Wanna surprise my honey with a quicky 3 day cruise this March for his birthday ... we will be in FLA already .. so my options (same date) were:

Ummmm ... WHAT ???? the oldest damn ship in the fleet is SO much more xpensive ? WHY??

We have been on Monarch before .. and loved it .. but why would Majesty be so much more xpensive than Enchantment ??

I dungeddit !!

Why? Because they can!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whether you argue that a JS on Maj should be considered a regular balcony or not, the fact is that there are far more cabins with balconies on Enchantment than there are on Majesty, so the laws of supply and demand are in full swing.

Also, keep in mind that weather in the Port Canaveral area can be warm or cool that time of year, whereas Miami is almost guaranteed to be hot. I've sailed out of PC during spring break a few times and on one occasion had fleece on for sailaway. :eek: If someone wants to be more assured of warm weather from start to finish, especially if spending a day or two locally either before or after the cruise, Miami is a better bet than PC. So again.... supply and demand.

We went on the Majesty 3 weeks ago. For a 3 night cruise, do not waste your money on a JS. The Majesty is old and small, but we were very happy with our ocean view room. The ship is very sufficient because you're in port each day. DH and I only paid $652 total including gratuities for that cruise. It was worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I dungeddit !!

They can simply do it because:

(a) the March time of year is a very 'hot' time for Spring Break cruisers

(b) there are no other types of balconies on Majesty, except these

© Junior Suites, regardless of what ship they are on, still give the cruiser double points

The price is what it is and they will get it....whether from you or someone else.

I dungeddit !!

I wouldn't pay anything near that for Majesty. Much less for a three day cruise.

I'd pay significant more for Enchantment than Majesty, but for those prices you can go to a much nicer resort and have a higher quality vacation.

I wouldn't pay anything near that for Majesty. Much less for a three day cruise.

I'd pay significant more for Enchantment than Majesty, but for those prices you can go to a much nicer resort and have a higher quality vacation.

... I totally agree! I mean $1365 for just the cruise and port charges .. that's not adding in MTD fees or our bar bill while on board.

That's an awfully expensive 3 days ... no thanks!

my advice is prices for majesty prices usually drop closer to the date. But again, not JS because they sell out. What I really recommend is add another day and take the Liberty Thur-Mon cruise out of PEV. Prices aren't bad now, but those prices too will drop ALOT by March.

We will be on Her Majesty October 20th, another birthday here!

We have never been on a Sovereign class ship and figured we better before she is gone :(, and we actually like smaller ships.

Having done JS's on Enchantment and Vision, if you can swing going up to Canaveral, you will love her, Enchantment is a beautiful ship. JS's are smaller than on Liberty, but a tad bigger than a D1.

Like you, can't seen to justify the difference in price, we are paying $261 for a SO, and the JS's are $689, and we are doing the 4 day.

We are not planing to get off the ship though, so the empty Lido during the day, will be our "balcony".

We will be on Her Majesty October 20th, another birthday here!

We have never been on a Sovereign class ship and figured we better before she is gone :(, and we actually like smaller ships.

Having done JS's on Enchantment and Vision, if you can swing going up to Canaveral, you will love her, Enchantment is a beautiful ship. JS's are smaller than on Liberty, but a tad bigger than a D1.

Like you, can't seen to justify the difference in price, we are paying $261 for a SO, and the JS's are $689, and we are doing the 4 day.

We are not planing to get off the ship though, so the empty Lido during the day, will be our "balcony".

You will have a great time on Her Majesty of the Seas. Her crew does a phenomenal job keeping the ship as well maintained as they can. Everyone can find things to do to stay entertained and occupied if that is what you want.....what the ship lacks in features, the staff surely makes up for.

Make sure to take in the Compass Deli and the crepes, which are wonderful, and part of the cruise pricing, not an extra fee at all.

If we can arrange it we will be on her again over Thanksgiving weekend. That usually is a little pricier than what you are paying, but it is a Holiday Weekend.