Oasis updated deck plan now available on RCI website

genegri

Either way, though, even if either of us were geniuses in design or ship architecture, this decision and implementation is already underway. Best we can hope is that whatever is learned on Oasis will reflect positively on Allure when she goes to dry dock.

I agree with you 3dog. As well as for Oasis 3.

If I remember correct we sailed with you on Oasis in May of 2012.

I wonder if "Suite Lounge" on deck 17 will also include Junior Suites. On Quantum, supposedly all JS categories have access to Coastal Kitchen so maybe the same on Oasis.

I doubt that JS are included. On the Quantum, I read that the lounge is for Grand Suite and above.

Does anybody know when the Allure will be refitted?

Thanks! Have a December 2015 cruise planned with our family. My son and family in a family oceanview on deck 11. Any plans to change those cabins?

Thanks,

Royal has not made public the drydock plans for Allure.

They will charge soon enough. Not enough ride slots to give everyone a ride anyway.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Don't give them any ideas!! :D

But maybe we can think a little more positively... Royal has been putting innovations at sea that aren't seen on any other ships, let alone sometimes on land. This is one of their signature things, "WOW", and they have never charged for them (flowrider, rock wall, ice skating, and I think RipCord is free). If they start charging for them, at least at this point in time, it will detract from the ship. Just my opinion, but we all know Royal is known for switching things up.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Very strange. Maybe there will be more updates soon?

When will Oasis 3 set sail? Before Allure's dry dock?

Oasis 3 is due to be completed in the summer of 2016, after Allure's dry dock.

Edited by clarea

We are on deck 17 on the Nov. 22 sailing as well. I am hoping that they have the lounge ready by then. We loved being so close to the Viking Crown lounge on our last cruise on Allure when we were on deck 17, so we booked it again on the Thanksgiving cruise. It will be a shame if I have to work harder to get my next drink by having to go down a deck or two! :)

I am speculating that they will relax the "formal" use of The Grande (IMO, making it Smart Casual and above), so it may book better (I guess we will see over time).

However, for a suite restaurant, it is best to optimize for the number of suite guests. Even if they added JS, on Oasis, this approximately 300 to 350 (based on my memory of approx 150 JS+ suites, fewer on Quantum), really requiring only 200 seats or less. If just GS+, the required number is even less. Splitting The Grande in two is way too much space for either case. Trying to split that same space into 3 or 4 is likely impractical.

Either way, though, even if either of us were geniuses in design or ship architecture, this decision and implementation is already underway. Best we can hope is that whatever is learned on Oasis will reflect positively on Allure when she goes to dry dock.

Agree about The Grande ending up Smart Casual -- hope so as DH won't dress formally and I would like to try the menu. It would be easier to pack.

I'll be stubborn and say maybe 1/3 of a deck for Coastal Kitchen. I like the idea of a suite restaurant and would love it if JSs were included like they are on QU & AN. We always book a JS and hope for an complimentary upgrade or cheap pay upgrade to a GS.

Oasis 3 is due to be completed in the summer of 2016, after Allure's dry dock.

Wondering with two more Oasis ships planned if these may not see action in the US ports for a while. Since it looks like the Oasis had a successful run in Europe, wouldn't be surprised if they left the newer Oasis ships on the other side of the pond. ;)

It is really confusing that the new deck plans are pulled. Does it mean the new cabins are not available for booking? I like some of the new available cabins but am scared to switch. We all know RCI thinks nothing of giving out a cabin by mistake and then takes it back at will.

It is really confusing that the new deck plans are pulled. Does it mean the new cabins are not available for booking? I like some of the new available cabins but am scared to switch. We all know RCI thinks nothing of giving out a cabin by mistake and then takes it back at will.

If you do a dummy booking the new GS cabin are there on decks 11, 12 and 14.

Sample below for Aug 2015. All three decks show the new GS on booking deck plan.

STATEROOM DECK LOCATION CONNECTING STATEROOM $8,020.00USD

SELECT

11730 11 AFT -

SELECT

12330 12 AFT -

SELECT

12730 12 AFT -

SELECT

14330 14 AFT -

SELECT

14730 14 AFT -

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Wondering with two more Oasis ships planned if these may not see action in the US ports for a while. Since it looks like the Oasis had a successful run in Europe, wouldn't be surprised if they left the newer Oasis ships on the other side of the pond. ;)

I agree with you. Would not surprise me to see an Oasis class ship go to Asia.

If you do a dummy booking the new GS cabin are there on decks 11, 12 and 14.

Sample below for Aug 2015. All three decks show the new GS on booking deck plan.

STATEROOMDECKLOCATIONCONNECTING STATEROOM$8,020.00USD

SELECT

1173011AFT-

SELECT

1233012AFT-

SELECT

1273012AFT-

SELECT

1433014AFT-

SELECT

1473014AFT-

Gee, August is expensive. I had a courtesy hold just expire on 11730 for April and I couldn't justify $4,404 with taxes and tips for two

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app