Reprice cruise for Diamond Balcony Discount?

While we were on Adventure last March, we booked two more cruises. One for September 2014 and one for April 2015. Both GS and room 1278 on Freedom. We were Emerald at the time and the Emerald Balcony discount was applied to both. Our last cruise made us Diamond. The LA on the Freedom said to call in after our September cruise to apply the new Diamond discount, another $100. The Crown and Anchor rep over the phone said they would have to reprice the cruise and it would end up costing us about $800 more, with the Diamond discount. Does that seem right? Should I pursue it further or just wait and talk to LA on Freedom in April and maybe push for $100 OBC?

The same happened to us. Since they put in their new pricing system any discount, program, etc change causes the reservation to reprice. Some had luck with resolutions early on but it seems that has stopped. I tried fighting it and got nowhere. The way I look at it at least my fare is lower because I booked earlier. If I had waited until I was diamond to book I would have been paying an overall higher price.

While we were on Adventure last March, we booked two more cruises. One for September 2014 and one for April 2015. Both GS and room 1278 on Freedom. We were Emerald at the time and the Emerald Balcony discount was applied to both. Our last cruise made us Diamond. The LA on the Freedom said to call in after our September cruise to apply the new Diamond discount, another $100. The Crown and Anchor rep over the phone said they would have to reprice the cruise and it would end up costing us about $800 more, with the Diamond discount. Does that seem right? Should I pursue it further or just wait and talk to LA on Freedom in April and maybe push for $100 OBC?

This does appear to be their new policy. We will be Diamond after the cruise we go on in a few weeks. I called about getting a Diamond discount applied to our 2015 cruise (after we return from our next one) and was told that the 2015 cruise would be repriced at the prevailing rate.

This does appear to be their new policy. We will be Diamond after the cruise we go on in a few weeks. I called about getting a Diamond discount applied to our 2015 cruise (after we return from our next one) and was told that the 2015 cruise would be repriced at the prevailing rate.

We are currently sitting on four cruises that will come after we hit D+ on Brilliance in December. I'm hoping that some of those will still be listed at the price we booked, otherwise I'll eat the $$:(

We are currently sitting on four cruises that will come after we hit D+ on Brilliance in December. I'm hoping that some of those will still be listed at the price we booked, otherwise I'll eat the $$:(

"fortunately", D+ is only $25 more than D. ;)

True, the amount isn't significant (the policy still sucks, however).

On a brighter note, the number in limbo just dropped to three:) After reading this thread I went out and checked our March 2015 FOS cruise (that one was inside 6 months so the D+ would have been $225 anyway), and the price of our D2 dropped by $277. Even after eating the $25 drop in the balcony discount (another policy change that equally sucks), we still came out $252 ahead:):)

True, the amount isn't significant (the policy still sucks, however).

On a brighter note, the number in limbo just dropped to three:) After reading this thread I went out and checked our March 2015 FOS cruise (that one was inside 6 months so the D+ would have been $225 anyway), and the price of our D2 dropped by $277. Even after eating the $25 drop in the balcony discount (another policy change that equally sucks), we still came out $252 ahead:):)

Hurrah!

Nice savings!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I stumbled upon this.

Here's a good one: I have 2 cruises booked w/2 different agencies. The price of both has increased since I booked. I just turned Diamond & contacted both TAs about the Diamond discount. One adjusted my rate (no repricing) & the other told me the cruise would have to be repriced. I called C&A & they confirmed that this is the policy.

Very weird. I'm not going to make waves b/c there's a good chance we won't be taking the one that wasn't repriced anyway.

Mom, you seem to know your way around RCL and their policies. I have a question: On our 11 nite "Q" cruise we will be D+ on next to the last night--the question is are we allowed to imbibe in the CL on the 11 nite?

Mom, you seem to know your way around RCL and their policies. I have a question: On our 11 nite "Q" cruise we will be D+ on next to the last night--the question is are we allowed to imbibe in the CL on the 11 nite?

I have heard of a couple of concierges allowing guests in early but that is infrequent.

I have heard of a couple of concierges allowing guests in early but that is infrequent.

Thanks. I'm not sure when I will sail one of these ships in the near future, and wonder if the LA could help us, otherwise, We'll visit the CL on Oasis, unless they change the rules.

Not "Mom" but sorry your status won't change until after your cruise is completed....But at least your next cruise you will join our club...Welcome :D

Don't feel bad if they don't. At least you're not in our situation - we turn D+ the day we board for our NYE cruise on Brilliance, and I don't expect them to accommodate us either :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't feel bad if they don't. At least you're not in our situation - we turn D+ the day we board for our NYE cruise on Brilliance, and I don't expect them to accommodate us either :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That sucks!

You get repriced based on current price for the room. If the net between the new price and the additional discount changed you need to keep old rate.