Hair Dryers no longer provided?

cheriberi

I just read a post on the Nov. 22nd Reflection roll call that Celebrity has or might be removing hair dryers from cabins due to a recent incident. I certainly hope this isn't true. Can someone please confirm that hair dryers are still provided? We sail in 2 weeks & I need to know if I need to bring my own hair dryer.

If they removed hair dryers they would have to allow passengers to bring their own - which would open up a whole new can of worms ...

Passengers are allowed to bring hair dryers on board.

We often travel at length before or after a cruise and so are carrying things the ship provides. Also, I've been on ships where the hair dryers were slow and ineffective, so I just bring a small, folding one I know will do the job.

I just hopped over to your roll call.....did you ever receive a reply from

the person who posted "this rumor" about how they heard this? Were

they on the cruise where something happened? Sometimes rumors are

really a pain in the:rolleyes: ........not sure what incident they were referrring to?

Something so major that all blow dryers needed to be removed from the

ships?:eek:......sounds a bit weird to me.

There was an indicent recently on one of the RCI ships, which resulted in all of the hairdryers being removed - as far as I am aware this has now been sorted. This may be where the 'rumour' has come from.

On Infinity last month they were definitely there, and I've heard nothing from friends who are on Eclipse at the moment to say otherwise.

You can take your own anyway, no problem with Celebrity in doing this. I do, as the cabin dryers are'nt brilliant on long hair.

I am the one who posted on the roll call about the hair dryers...I read somewhere on cruisecritic that on one of the ships something happened with the hair dryers and they were all removed. (OBC was issued) I cannot find the post where I read that. I made a mental note to bring my own for the sailing of the Reflection.

I appreciate all the information that I receive from everyone on cruisecritic. It was my intention to just share information with my roll call about the removal of hair dryers not to start a panic fleet wide about not having a hair dryer.

I sincerely apologize about starting a rumor....

Cheriberi I hope that you will post a hello in our roll call so we can get to know each other there.

If they removed hair dryers they would have to allow passengers to bring their own - which would open up a whole new can of worms ...

they already do allow it. in fact many people prefer their own since the provided ones quite frankly suck if you have thick or long hair.

I just read a post on the Nov. 22nd Reflection roll call that Celebrity has or might be removing hair dryers from cabins due to a recent incident. I certainly hope this isn't true. Can someone please confirm that hair dryers are still provided? We sail in 2 weeks & I need to know if I need to bring my own hair dryer.

Just got off the Summit - hair dryer in cabin. However, I couldn't plug it in in the bathroom. The plug was at the desk.

We just disembarked Reflection yesterday, and there were hairdryers.

Hi Karyn, hope you had a great cruise:).......I sail her on Saturday!

Do you recall who the Hotel Director and CD were?

Just guessing...maybe the powers that be decided the one particular model of hair dryer had a problem. Maybe they were getting old and hadn't been replaced. Perhaps the intention was not to take away hair dryers forever, but just for the rest of that particular cruise, until newer, safer hair dryers could be obtained.

I can't imagine taking all hair dryers off ships. Women will just bring their own, so what safety advantage is there?

When we started cruising on the Celebrity Horizon more than 20 years ago, there were no Hair Dryers. On the comment card, not on-line like today, that was one of the major improvements recommended was to put one in each cabin. On our next cruise, they were in the drawer or on the wall.

I hope they do replace all of the hairdryers with new ones that work! Even then I probably still would not trust them and take my own anyway. The ones I have tried are not powerful enough to even start to dry my thick, curly hair. I always take my hairdryer and straightener with me.

I bring hair tools & various chargers for electronics. we've never had an issue but after reading reports of other cruise lines confiscating surge suppressors/power strips (see below) wouldn't leave mine out in view when leaving our cabin.

Did a search here but didn't see any relevant posts, figured as good as place as any to ask...will we run this risk of the product below being removed from our cabin on our upcoming cruise?

372.jpg

Edited by keishashadow

I think the product is small and discreet enough to go unnoticed.

We recently returned from a Med cruise on the Equinox, where we witnessed a number of large (8" and longer) power strips being returned to their owners as they disembarked. Our small white (two outlet) power strip had been in full view in our stateroom for the entire cruise and caused no issues.

I think the problem is with the luggage screening. If an object is detected, the security folks feel that they have to follow through and confiscate, regardless of what it turns out to be.

I bring hair tools & various chargers for electronics. we've never had an issue but after reading reports of other cruise lines confiscating surge suppressors/power strips (see below) wouldn't leave mine out in view when leaving our cabin.

Did a search here but didn't see any relevant posts, figured as good as place as any to ask...will we run this risk of the product below being removed from our cabin on our upcoming cruise?

372.jpg

No one is going to remove anything from your cabin. I always have a power strip out in full view. Not a problem. Never leave home without it in this electronic age. All those gadgets wanting energy at night.

Forbidden items are removed or inspected at luggage screening.

I travel with a carry on full of electronics, chargers, surge protectors, GPS, Computers, tablets, phones and wires. My DW says that if your cabin lights dim, it means I'm recharging my toys. The desk in our cabin always has multiple devices being charged....left out in plain sight. I have never had anything even looked at boarding the ship or in the cabin, nor any security issues. I used to carry the belkin multi charger shown, however I have changed to an Anker 40W charger which can charge multiple devices at full power, vs the belkin. Don't confuse USB charging ports with full power charging. It also has a separate cord to the outlet so I don't have to worry if the belkin will fit or stay in the outlet. Highly recommended.