How many Crown and Anchor points do you have?

You two almost are as old as the line is. Congratulations on being one of the oldest cruisers.........that is, cruising with them for many years.

And yes, no matter how many cruises you have with them, as you are regular Royal Caribbean Cruisers, you should be acknowledged while on the ships.

We do know a few like you, but are Pinnacle Club members.

As I understand the last pre inaugural of the Quantum of the Seas, where everyone got off today, that Mario was aboard, and he was not even acknowledged.

We are not attached to Royal Caribbean, as we cruise on other lines, and will be broadening our scope even further this coming year.

Royal Caribbean is great at what it does, but we have watched them evolve into a different line, with different demographics, and it is doing wonders for them. It's just not for us, all of the time.;)

Rick

We don't make a big deal of this; just when someone brings the subject up. We had to take a long time off from cruising when we had our kids: we just couldn't afford it.

I'll see if I can find any more stuff from back then.

Platinum 2008 to 2013

55 Nights at Sea | 54 Cruise Points 8 Cruises

Royal's formula took 1 Night away from Me & Parents when the Change Over From number of trips to Nights at Sea.

3 Cruises Booked

29/Nov/2014=7 Oasis 61 CP 7 Night: Platinum

06/Dec/2014=10 [JS] Liberty 71 CP 5 Night: Emerald

06/Sept/2015=14 [JS] Indy 85 CP 7 Night: Emerald {Diamond Next Cruise}

12/Sept/2015 = 74 Nights @ Sea 85 Cruise Points 11 Cruises

OK, found two more pictures. The top is the Song of Norway following us into port in San Juan, probably 1973. The bottom one is all the cruise ships lined up in Miami port in 1973.

Our first cruise was with Royal Caribbean in 1973 too - Nordic Prince, 2 weeks from Miami, sailing to Nassau, Martinique, San Juan, St. Thomas, Curaçao, Caracas and Port au Prince - we had the tiniest tiniest inside cabin but had a wonderful time. Took a break from cruising when the kids were small but now back to it in a big way.

It's just not for us, all of the time.;)

Even at my age, I agree with you. For the heck of it, I added up all my cruises, giving myself extra credit for suites, etc, added it to my current RCI points, and found that if all my cruises were on RCI, I'd only be about 100 points away from Pinnacle. But alas, I don't think Pinnacle will ever happen. I just enjoy the other lines too much. :)

Our first cruise was with Royal Caribbean in 1973 too - Nordic Prince, 2 weeks from Miami, sailing to Nassau, Martinique, San Juan, St. Thomas, Curaçao, Caracas and Port au Prince - we had the tiniest tiniest inside cabin but had a wonderful time. Took a break from cruising when the kids were small but now back to it in a big way.

Actually, the picture above of the Song of Norway was taken from the deck of the Nordic Prince in October 1973. It was our first cruise, but it was 7 days. We were supposed to go to the Bahamas, but there was a really bad storm. We had to be tug-boated out of Miami port because the wind kept pushing us back against the dock when the captain tried to leave. So, we went as far south in the Caribbean as possible, and ended up going into San Juan at almost the same time as the Song. My husband took the pictures.

Even at my age, I agree with you. For the heck of it, I added up all my cruises, giving myself extra credit for suites, etc, added it to my current RCI points, and found that if all my cruises were on RCI, I'd only be about 100 points away from Pinnacle. But alas, I don't think Pinnacle will ever happen. I just enjoy the other lines too much. :)

I don't expect to ever reach Pinnacle, because we go with the itinerary and price, with RCCL being our first choice. But, they don't offer 28 days roundtrip from Los Angeles to the South Pacific, and Princess did!

Also, when we had to get home from Australia this past April/May to the West Coast, I found that HAL left within days of the Radiance going to Honolulu, but the HAL cruise took us all the way to Seattle for $400 less. We missed our C&A perks, however.

Edited by pcur

Still concerned about what a poster said (rumor) about points per level changing next year. Anyone have information to share? Katherine

Supposition and conjecture, two things very common around here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Still concerned about what a poster said (rumor) about points per level changing next year. Anyone have information to share? Katherine

No information; just my opinion. I think it is more likely they will change the benefits than the points required to reach each level.

I'm thinking they might be realizing that people in the D+ range (like me) don't really have any incentive to achieve Pinnacle, because there is such an enormous point difference. Even the "milestone" point levels of 340, 350, etc. don't really excite many of us. I am reading more and more here on CC that we are starting to wander to other cruise lines. I know my husband and I are.

I think there will be some adjustments coming up within the next 12 months, but it's anyone's guess as to what they may be.

Seriously, Does anyone think that RCCL cares about the black hole from D+ to Pinnacle. Look how many are on that quest to reach Diamond Plus and shell out a good deal of money to get there. At some point, RCCL sees a diminishing benefit from the D+ cruiser dollar and space. Face it, after all those cruises, you spend less. Now RCCL has you in the D+ web with really no place to go except Celebrity ( not even Azamara as you need actual Celebrity points - not just a reciprocal Elite status - to get any decent Azamara benefits.) Do you think RCCL really cares that the lounge where one gets FREE drinks is too crowded?

So, RCCL goes after a new cruiser .

RCCL does not make any money on the cabin that is occupied, they make it on the extra money one spends on board. Look at all those newcomers in line for drinks, excursions, photos, t shirts, souvenirs, etc.

You can bet that if there is any new level created, it won't be to offer more perks.

just my opinion.

M

Seriously, Does anyone think that RCCL cares about the black hole from D+ to Pinnacle. Look how many are on that quest to reach Diamond Plus and shell out a good deal of money to get there. At some point, RCCL sees a diminishing benefit from the D+ cruiser dollar and space. Face it, after all those cruises, you spend less. Now RCCL has you in the D+ web with really no place to go except Celebrity ( not even Azamara as you need actual Celebrity points - not just a reciprocal Elite status - to get any decent Azamara benefits.) Do you think RCCL really cares that the lounge where one gets FREE drinks is too crowded?

So, RCCL goes after a new cruiser .

RCCL does not make any money on the cabin that is occupied, they make it on the extra money one spends on board. Look at all those newcomers in line for drinks, excursions, photos, t shirts, souvenirs, etc.

You can bet that if there is any new level created, it won't be to offer more perks.

just my opinion.

M

That makes sense in many cases, I agree. But, we are actually spending more money with them, and going on more cruises.

Who knows what their marketing department is thinking? It's just interesting to speculate and discuss it.

That makes sense in many cases, I agree. But, we are actually spending more money with them, and going on more cruises.

Who knows what their marketing department is thinking? It's just interesting to speculate and discuss it.

Yes - That is my point, Folks will to spend money to reach D+. Then, continue, regardless of the long range to Pinnacle, the lack of upgrades, or small cuts ( pens, chocolate, certain coupons) etc., because one would have to start at the bottom for other cruise lines, except maybe Celebrity. We are hooked and RCCL knows it. Why should they give me a complimentary upgrade, they know I'll come back regardless.

We like the RCCL and Celebrity product and because of that and our points on both lines, we rarely consider other lines. Good marketing job RCCL.

But - I still stand by the comment that they like the new passenger that will spend LOTS on their first cruise.

M

Yes - That is my point, Folks will to spend money to reach D+. Then, continue, regardless of the long range to Pinnacle, the lack of upgrades, or small cuts ( pens, chocolate, certain coupons) etc., because one would have to start at the bottom for other cruise lines, except maybe Celebrity. We are hooked and RCCL knows it. Why should they give me a complimentary upgrade, they know I'll come back regardless.

We like the RCCL and Celebrity product and because of that and our points on both lines, we rarely consider other lines. Good marketing job RCCL.

But - I still stand by the comment that they like the new passenger that will spend LOTS on their first cruise.

M

Makes sense. I was (mistakenly) thinking if I purchased more cruises they would do more for me. But, on the other hand, as you say, they've "got me".

M

Of course they have to like and always cultivate new cruisers......lets face it 'old cruisers die' some day.

M

Your comment, in your last paragraph, sad to say.........is exactly correct! The D+ and Pinnacle Club members have shelled out the money for cabins, some of us preferring more real estate, so we book suites, and we do pay for that.

However, we don't purchase any pictures, use the excursion desk, play bingo, drink ourselves to a coma at the bar (there are some that do it in the CL) but your point is valid.

As one that knows a bit about Royal's marketing plan, they want the first time cruisers, and they want family, and are willing to go up against Disney, with new features ( I just got off the Quantum of the Seas......and all I can say is WOW!!!) that have some major attractions. And the ships with the attractions......show a cabin price that is greater than the older ships, that lack those attractions.

Richard Fain, in his statement at the christening ceremony said that Royal Caribbean is headed in a new direction. I wish that I could quote his exact comments, but the essence is that there are enough people out there that have the money to experience a WOW experience once......or twice, and spend it all on doing everything that Royal offers in their new ships.

And then they just keep repeating that pattern. Some of us that understand what they are doing, and still remain loyal or semi loyal, they are happy to keep. It helps fill the ships!!

The great thing about CC is this is where we get to talk about the ships, the lines, and sometimes, or more often, how we feel about different lines.:D

Rick

Dplus, but finding my business is appreciated more on other cruise lines, next cruise river cruise, then Bermuda on another cruise line.

We are only platinum but we cruise maybe once a year or every other year. We mix it up with other types of vacations as well.

We have been looking at river cruises recently. What company did you book your river cruise through?

A mere 25 points at the moment.

Next cruise will take us up to the next level.

Enjoy the cruising as you pick up points.....it isn't the points that should be the reason you cruise on ANY line, it is the experience you have. If you like what they give you....that is fine.

It is why we have been cruising on Royal....the rewards are nice, especially the discounts as you move up.....but if the experience wasn't good and fun, we would not do it.

Enjoy the experience. Your next cruising experience may make it difficult to return to a regular cabin, even if it is a balcony.

• 2 months later...
Platinum 2008 to 2013

55 Nights at Sea | 54 Cruise Points 8 Cruises

Royal's formula took 1 Night away from Me & Parents when the Change Over From number of trips to Nights at Sea.

3 Cruises Booked

29/Nov/2014=7 Oasis 61 CP 7 Night: Platinum

06/Dec/2014=10 [JS] Liberty 71 CP 5 Night: Emerald

06/Sept/2015=14 [JS] Indy 85 CP 7 Night: Emerald {Diamond Next Cruise}

12/Sept/2015 = 74 Nights @ Sea 85 Cruise Points 11 Cruises

UUPDATE:

Two Cruises Booked For April 2015 + September 2015 First time we WILL do 3 Cruises in a Year.

11 Cruises = 10 Royal + 1 Princess 2008 to 2014

67 Nights At Sea | 71 Cruise Points {2008-2014}

19/APRIL/2015 INDY 6N WESTERN

CAT. {JS} 6x2 = 12 CP

73 NIGHTS AT SEA {EMERALD #2}| 83 CRUISE POINTS {DIAMOND EARNED}

25/APRIL/2015 LIBERTY 5N WESTERN

CAT. {K} 5 CP

78 NIGHTS AT SEA | 88 CRIUISE POINTS {DIAMOND #1}

6/SEPT/2015 INDY 7N WESTERN CAT.{JS}

7x2 = 14 CP

85 NIGHTS AT SEA | 102 CRUISE POINTS {DIAMOND #2}

Edited by Swath