Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

I'm booked Allure in October hoping to have DD and we have MTD.

I have been on Quantum and Anthem and have had DD (and it is wonderful) so we were a little disappointed when we booked Ovation we were told there was no DD on her, so we have MTD.:rolleyes:

No wonder we can't keep up with what RCI are doing as it seems they don't know themselves and keep moving the goal posts.

Edited by little britain

My Harmony OTS booking for Feb 2017 was assigned to DD Traditional, Early.

As if things were not confusing enough - what is DD traditional? Did RCI change naming again from classic to traditional? Maybe the term classic did not do well in their research and the term traditional will win folks over more.:confused:

It would probably depend on the sailing. We were on in April and deck 11 was never full. I don't recall anyone going upstairs. On the TA it would definitely be a problem, but those are infrequent. I doubt it would be filled during summer either.

OTOH, I don't see why you would want Chef's Table moved. Seems like a good location. The CL never looked crowded when we were in CK. I guess it could use a little more privacy so the guests could focus on the meal and it's presentation. If it moves would they expand CL or CK. :confused:

Now I'm confused. My impression from previous posts on this and other threads was that D and D+ were now attending the Diamond Lounge on Deck 11, Suites and Pinnacles were attending the Suites Lounge on Deck 17, and there is no more Concierge Lounge (by that name, anyway). On previous cruises on both AL and OA, the lounge on Deck 11 was always crowded.

Now I'm confused. My impression from previous posts on this and other threads was that D and D+ were now attending the Diamond Lounge on Deck 11, Suites and Pinnacles were attending the Suites Lounge on Deck 17, and there is no more Concierge Lounge (by that name, anyway). On previous cruises on both AL and OA, the lounge on Deck 11 was always crowded.

I was just on Oasis as D and we went to the lounge on Deck 11. There was good attendence some evenings but there was always space because there were two levels. Some might not have noticed the stairs. I didn't notice it the first evening.

I'm booked Allure in October hoping to have DD and we have MTD.

I have been on Quantum and Anthem and have had DD (and it is wonderful) so we were a little disappointed when we booked Ovation we were told there was no DD on her, so we have MTD.:rolleyes:

No wonder we can't keep up with what RCI are doing as it seems they don't know themselves and keep moving the goal posts.

That is exactly the problem. Royal Caribbean did not know what they were doing and it appears they still do not know what they are doing. Would have thought they would have a plan by now.

The signage Karen outside the 'lounge' on deck 11 now reads Diamond Club which is for D/D+/ Pinnacle as well if they so desire. It actually is the same sign that used to be outside the Deck 4 Diamond Lounge that was created post Drydock then closed when Wonderland did not happen on deck 11.

Not as crowded at least on my Feb cruise as you can now use the upper deck 12 level which used to be Chef's Table

As if things were not confusing enough - what is DD traditional? Did RCI change naming again from classic to traditional? Maybe the term classic did not do well in their research and the term traditional will win folks over more.:confused:

If you do a mock booking on Harmony, you'll find your dining choices are

- Dynamic Dining Choice

- Dynamic Dining Classic

There is no Dynamic Dining Traditional.

--- which begs the question, what will they do for a Diamond Club? If thy put the Chef's Table back on Deck 12, leaving just Deck 11 for the lounge, it will be too small to accommodate D's and D+'s.

The DC was only crowded on deck 11 during our cruise. Anyway the Chef´s Table won´t start until 8 pm - pretty close to the end of the Cocktail Hour. After the Cocktail Hour the DC is usually more or less empty. No conflict at all.

travelgoddess1,

Yes, there´s no more Concierge Lounge. The DC is open for Diamond and above (which includes Pinnacle). The new Suite Lounge is for suite guests only and Pinnacle.

steamboats

The signage Karen outside the 'lounge' on deck 11 now reads Diamond Club which is for D/D+/ Pinnacle as well if they so desire. It actually is the same sign that used to be outside the Deck 4 Diamond Lounge that was created post Drydock then closed when Wonderland did not happen on deck 11.

Not as crowded at least on my Feb cruise as you can now use the upper deck 12 level which used to be Chef's Table

Also on Oasis the old Diamond Club space on deck 6 has a sign that says crew only but from the outside, you can see inside, it looks unchanged!

Edited by Charles4515

Also on Oasis the old Diamond Club space on deck 6 has a sign that says crew only but from the outside, you can see inside, it looks unchanged!

Not sure how it can be unchanged when staterooms 6585 through 6593 occupy that space. Maybe only the balcony portion appears unchanged?

Emmy, that was my original confusion -- if they are going to put the Chef's Table back on Deck 12, won't it make Deck 11 too crowded? I think I must be missing something. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Not sure how it can be unchanged when staterooms 6585 through 6593 occupy that space. Maybe only the balcony portion appears unchanged?

Are you going by deck plans or have you actually looked? From the inside of the ship on deck 6 I could see inside the space and see tables.

Are you going by deck plans or have you actually looked? From the inside of the ship on deck 6 I could see inside the space and see tables.

I was looking at deck plans. You're saying that the deck plans have staterooms indicated, but there are no staterooms?

I was looking at deck plans. You're saying that the deck plans have staterooms indicated, but there are no staterooms?

There are staterooms in that location on the Oasis. I happened to look at the old DL when I was on the Oasis 2 weeks ago, and the tables and umbrellas are still on the balcony, but the "inside" portion of the DL has been closed off for the cabins.

Wasn´t sure about The Grande, thought it was split between Traditional and MTD on the Allure. American Icon Grill was MTD.

We´ve been told by at least two officers that they got rid of the Wonderland idea for the Oasis and Allure. The Allure kept the Chef´s Table on deck 12 / now Diamond Club. For the Oasis it looks like they might relocate it back to deck 12 instead of the Suite Lounge now.

steamboats

Which seems maybe the Diamonds? may not have enough room in there now too?...maybe it will be only D+ and PC.

I have thought all along since the 3 free drinks were put out-- that the D may lose a lounge.

As happened to us in the past. Poof- we were kicked out and that was it mid cruise on Jewel.

The Chef's Table will bring in money where more people in the Lounge won't.

RCL is like a dithering person that can not make up their mind!!!!

Edited by CVU

There are staterooms in that location on the Oasis. I happened to look at the old DL when I was on the Oasis 2 weeks ago, and the tables and umbrellas are still on the balcony, but the "inside" portion of the DL has been closed off for the cabins.

Thanks for the clarification.:)

I'm sure that's what they mean. It would have been neat to turn those into Promenade Balconies

I'm sure that's what they mean. It would have been neat to turn those into Promenade Balconies

I was surprised they didn't at least make them Promenade View staterooms.

- Dynamic Dining Choice

- Dynamic Dining Classic

So other posters are making stuff up?:confused:

So other posters are making stuff up?:confused:

The other posters just made a mistake is all and it is easy to make mistakes like that.

You can easily verify what I posted by doing a mock booking on Harmony. You will have to go to the step where they ask you who is cruising. You will find exactly what I did.

Edited by RocketMan275

Probably a bit strong to claim DD is on a "permanent hold" as that would mean it will never happen. All this email said was that DD won't be implemented prior to 25 Oct.

Maybe a better choice if we are gonna play semantics is "indefinite" hold.

Or no date for the hold to be over.

If that makes it bit more proper.

The point being the original question asked pertained to the Oct 25th sailing, and the indefinite hold portion was to help settle any question there might be about WHEN it would/might be implemented --- if ever.

Maybe a better choice if we are gonna play semantics is "indefinite" hold.

Or no date for the hold to be over.

If that makes it bit more proper.

The point being the original question asked pertained to the Oct 25th sailing, and the indefinite hold portion was to help settle any question there might be about WHEN it would/might be implemented --- if ever.

I agree that 'indefinite' is a much more accurate term although I'm sure those who are adamantly opposed to Dynamic Dining would prefer 'permanent'.

- Dynamic Dining Choice

- Dynamic Dining Classic

Sorry, I meant DD Classic for both reservations. Thanks for correcting my mistake. The person on the phone gave me only the 2 choices for my Harmony OTS booking - Dynamic Dining Choice or Dynamic Dining Classic.

When my SIL called to place her share of the deposit for our Harmony reservation, she asked about our Oasis dining selection. It was listed as "MTD" on my last invoice. I'm not sure how the question was posed, but the results were that we are now listed for DD Classic on both ships.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my use of the wrong term. There've been so many changes and uncertainty lately that I mixed-up the names.