would anyone cruise on a ship like this?

avidcruiser35

I was just wondering and interested if a cruise ship offered an amusement park atmosphere....such as carny games and such... cotton candy, funnel cakes? Just random thoughts i've had. thanks

Isn't that what RCCL has been doing with their newest ships? I believe some NCL ships have Skee ball and other games. OK - they don't have funnel cakes, but an ice cream parlor and hot dog stand...AND a carousel and bumper cars (RCCL). I like the idea of making the ship have fun attractions. What I would like to see is the cruises loose the art auctions and put in something much more fun - even if you pay to do it.

Since I make it a policy not to sail on any ship with either a: 1) water slide, 2) climbing wall, 3) ice rink, or 4) wave pool, I think that any arcade-style activities would just be additions to that list.

Totally agree. If I want to visit an amusement park, there are plenty of land-based choices.

I cruise to experience far away places.

IMO, the large, floating amusement parks would make more money if they would anchor outside the 12 mile (or more) limit for 7 days. Fuel savings would be substantial.

Since I make it a policy not to sail on any ship with either a: 1) water slide, 2) climbing wall, 3) ice rink, or 4) wave pool, I think that any arcade-style activities would just be additions to that list.

Not only am I disinterested in any ship providing those "amenities", I also would prefer not to be in a confined vessel populated by thousands of people who think that having those "amenities" is important to cruising.

Not only am I disinterested in any ship providing those "amenities", I also would prefer not to be in a confined vessel populated by thousands of people who think that having those "amenities" is important to cruising.

This. Short cruises full of family reunion groups with matching t-shirts, flowing from place to place like schools of fish, pushing others out of their way...Multiplied on such a ship...Not for me! EM

I too fall on the 'why the games' on a ship. I guess I would try some but they are not important to me as I cruise to see places.

HOWEVER, the big ships now have 3000+ people and they are always a mix. If some ships sell some of the cabins to people using the water slides, bumper cars, and such, why should I care. I ignore those bits of the ship just like I ignore the art auction. Allow diversity please.

Holy cow, the snobbery in this thread!

I don't care about carnival games on ships. I cruise for the ocean, the food, and the relaxation. However, I don't consider those passengers who like those things to be low class.

*insert eye roll thingy here*

Not.

In trumps.

If I'm in the mood to play some arcade games, there are places on land that have these that are within an hour or two drive for us. But we can go on cruises to relax (even more than just getting to ports).

Yes, there are ships that are floating towns that people can go on. But it's nice there are others that are more to my taste.

We're cruised many ships w/ rock climbing walls and never saw those walls. They're on the upper deck, and who wants to climb those walls when at sea with the ship pitching and rolling. We liked the ice skating shows, but the other gimmicky stuff, not so much. On Royal Caribbean, it's there, but we usually don't participate.

We do miss the ever shrinking library on RCI ships. The last "library" was about one and a half shelves. And we hope our trip on Westerdam will have a better library.

Edited by knittinggirl

I was just wondering and interested if a cruise ship offered an amusement park atmosphere....such as carny games and such... cotton candy, funnel cakes? Just random thoughts i've had. thanks

Not me! I won't even cruise on the ships with water slides, bowling, etc.

I cruise for the cruising experience.