Canadian cruisers!!

i'm not sure where you are supposed to put the 'ontario' in. I can't get it to work but I don't think I really care either. their system is sometimes to complicated for me.

just say Canadians get an additional 5% and be done with it. :rolleyes:

To select a province for resident rates, or seniors, police, fire and military select the tab that says "see if you qualify for exclusive rates"

image_zpsdpw1nonl.png

image_zpsfealyrce.png

Okay... so how do these promos actually work?

We've booked the Vision of Seas on May 7th out of Venice... WE have an outside and an inside room.

My "regular" price for our inside room is marked as $1019 on my invoice... the BOGO averages it out to: $764 (+ $101 port taxes). The outside room came with a beer/wine drink package + BOGO + $100 OBC, so I don't think we'll be getting a better deal on that one with 35% off.

When I go on their site for the 35% promo it says:

$961.00 (was $1,479 Per Person CAD)

Does the 35% off get based off your existing reservation price or the new one?

If it's off my original, the price should be $624, right? I know I can call in, and I plan on it, but I just was wondering if there were more details on how it actually works so I can sound informed on the phone.

EDIT: I booked the cruise early summer 2015... so I'm thinking the price has gone up due to currency changes... but I made a change a few months ago, so I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

Edited by bluemeansgo

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%205.47.33%20PM_zpsphtyqfit.png

Andrew, I think they are replacing the 30% off sale with the 35% off sale for Canadians. Net result is only a 5% savings. They are playing with words in their ad....again. I didn't see the free upgrades either.

We were thinking (meaning I was thinking) about sailing the last week of August on Allure to get some flowriding in before school starts. For the 5% "savings" of $370 I can spend another $100 and go to Kalahari in Sandusky Ohio for two nights, plus incidentals.

With a CLS at close to $9,000 for 3 without airfare, I will have $8,500 in my pocket, much better than their savings greater of 5%. You gotta love RC creative marketing. I think their old promotion was better with 30% off and $300 US OBC. I might just wait till we are on the ship in ten days to see if they have any better "deals" or at least get instant OBC if we want to book it and go.

I think they used the photo with people on the flowrider, like a Siren luring old sailors to the rocks. I woke before they cast their spell.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I was watching the price for the harmony cruise in January. The deal for Canadians had me looking again today. When I checked the prices it said the only rooms available for three was a balcony or higher. Am I to believe they are sold old of the rooms I priced last week for three in an inside?

We were thinking (meaning I was thinking) about sailing the last week of August on Allure to get some flowriding in before school starts. For the 5% "savings" of $370 I can spend another $100 and go to Kalahari in Sandusky Ohio for two nights, plus incidentals.

With a CLS at close to $9,000 for 3 without airfare, I will have $8,500 in my pocket, much better than their savings greater of 5%. You gotta love RC creative marketing. I think their old promotion was better with 30% off and $300 US OBC. I might just wait till we are on the ship in ten days to see if they have any better "deals" or at least get instant OBC if we want to book it and go.

I think they used the photo with people on the flowrider, like a Siren luring old sailors to the rocks. I woke before they cast their spell.

I looked at repricing my sisters cabin that I booked for her on Allure for next January. I just booked it 2 weeks ago and the base price was the same but she had $200 OBC in US$ so after I converted the OBC to CDN and compared the net price she was still better off with the old deal by $13. They are not making it easy to compare prices.

I may book a couple next week before we go..just in case, and then rebook once on board to get done OBC if the price is still the same.

Very odd... I've just gone in to price our Harmony cruise in August and it's pricing in US dollars, though it says "pricing for Canadian cruisers", I signed into my C&A account and chose Ontario resident. Normally it always prices in Canadian dollars when I look!!!

Got so excited to see the Canadian residents sale, but it turned out to be scam on my end. RCI just jacked up the base price to justify the "sale" but there really aren't any bargains to be had. The price on my cruise went up by $200 and no OBC. I currently have US$100 OBC with the last WOW sale.

:)

Just upgraded my parents to a 7 night southern Caribbean cruise ... extra $130 but I lost my $100 OBC. That's ok though. I come off the Adventure the day before they sail out so I will meet them at the airport and take them out to dinner before I fly out the next day.

Just checked pricing for our 2017 cruise and it is only offering the 30% off still. Maybe I did not read the fine print enough. I did put us in as Ontario residents and am logged into my C&A account.

Let me know if you do Kalahari at the end of August Andrew. Maybe I could meet you down there and do some one hour sessions before and after the park opens (great deal). Yeah, the flowrider picture got my attention too! Darn marketing.

I made it down to ride in Windsor a week ago (finally). Choppy wave up front but a good group of people riding the Saturday morning session. I hope to do it more often when they open the stand up hours (they say they will in March).

Just checked pricing for our 2017 cruise and it is only offering the 30% off still. Maybe I did not read the fine print enough. I did put us in as Ontario residents and am logged into my C&A account.

I booked an Alaskan cruise for May 2017 as no solo supplement and great deal.

The price did show 30% off but when I phoned to book it I was told there is a Canadian sale right now and was given another 5% off. So you really need to phone in.

Got so excited to see the Canadian residents sale, but it turned out to be scam on my end. RCI just jacked up the base price to justify the "sale" but there really aren't any bargains to be had.

We (educated consumers) are not the Canadians they are looking for on this promotion.

I got the email today as well. I guess that answers my question if anyones done the math. We won't rush to book. These sorts of things just piss me off, honestly - we've stuck with RCI through many cruises but are looking at our options as we just can't seem to find anything with appealing pricing.

I wish Explorer was still sailing out of Bayonne. Anthem is still stupid $$, tired of Grandeur...everything south adds major airfare.

I'm about to book Harmony for next feb 2017...have until Nov. to cancel.

Should I book in USD or CDN funds?

Right now the exchange rate RC is offering is exactly the same when I use a currency converter. Just wondering what is best way to hedge my bet?

If I pay in CDN and the $ continues to improve I lost out...but if I buy USD and $ improves I did well.

Any suggestions on how to play the USD VS CDN payment?

Right now the exchange rate RC is offering is exactly the same when I use a currency converter. Just wondering what is best way to hedge my bet?

If I pay in CDN and the $ continues to improve I lost out...but if I buy USD and $ improves I did well.

I always book in CDN, that way I am protected against our $ fluctuations. Personally even though our $ has gained a bit of ground recently I feel that there is very little more room for it to climb and it could easily drop back to its sub .70 level.

Hopefully somebody here can answer a question for me. :) With this special Canadian residents rate RCI are offering right now, can we still get our balcony discount on top of that? :confused: I've never booked when there's been a residents sale so I wasn't sure how things work.

Hopefully somebody here can answer a question for me. :) With this special Canadian residents rate RCI are offering right now, can we still get our balcony discount on top of that? :confused: I've never booked when there's been a residents sale so I wasn't sure how things work.

You should be able to. Pretty sure that for this sale you have to call to get the pricing. I can see the prices with the extra 5% off as resident rates on a fishing site and on the first page of Royals booking site but I can't get them to show once you get further into the booking process on Royal.

The flyer said it was good until March 5th which is too bad as the new itineraries will come out for the Caribbean on the 10th.

You should be able to. Pretty sure that for this sale you have to call to get the pricing. I can see the prices with the extra 5% off as resident rates on a fishing site and on the first page of Royals booking site but I can't get them to show once you get further into the booking process on Royal.

The flyer said it was good until March 5th which is too bad as the new itineraries will come out for the Caribbean on the 10th.

Thanks, Ken. I guess I will just have to call then. :( With the 2017 European schedules just released today, I can imagine I'll be on hold with RCI for a while but hopefully it'll be worth it to save a few hundred dollars. :)

Never thought to check the fishing site but I'll go do that now.

I would book in CAD so you know the amount you are paying. If you pay in USD, then it's a gamble of what amount it'll cost you once converted to CAD.

Keep in mind too, that if there is a price drop on your cruise before final payment (which is possible if the CAD dollar strengthens), then you can call in and get the better price.

Edited by LuCruise

I was able to secure the resident rate with the balcony discount.

James