Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

[quote name='Royal Caribbean International']Hello everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Concierge Lounge policy on the Enchantment was incorrect and has been fixed. Diamond Plus members may continue to enjoy this venue.[/quote]

Thanks for the info - nice to have you here.:)

[quote name='Dave85']I'm not arguing with you, but I just can't figure out what benefit RCI achieves by eliminating an overflow lounge that costs them little or nothing. I haven't heard a compelling rationale yet. They're still handing out the same number of free drinks and using the same or very close to the same number or beverage servers whether there's an overflow lounge or not (at least based on my overflow lounge experience). Perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm missing.[/quote]

I'm just going to take a stab at this and have no corporate training nor inside information!!;)
With the introduction of the vouchers, I'd think Royal would rather you frequent those bars with the people you know that will buy drinks and you can use vouchers. This keeps some revenue flowing in those lounges rather then keep closing them for private functions that generate no extra income at all! Having more bars and lounges open with revenue generating options in the business world, one would think is a much better call.

FYI-I also heard this chit chat on one sailing that Royal does want to eliminate these overflow lounges.

[quote name='Royal Caribbean International']Hello everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Concierge Lounge policy on the Enchantment was incorrect and has been fixed. Diamond Plus members may continue to enjoy this venue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now, if you could shed some light regarding why the sign was there in the first place.........;).

Thanks again for the current clarification.

M

[quote name='cruisegirl1']Thanks. Now, if you could shed some light regarding why the sign was there in the first place.........;).

Thanks again for the current clarification.

M[/quote]
Or when it's coming back? Or what exactly the "mistake" was, the sign or the timing.

[quote name='Royal Caribbean International']Hello everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Concierge Lounge policy on the Enchantment was incorrect and has been fixed. Diamond Plus members may continue to enjoy this venue.[/quote]

Thank you so much for that info!

[quote name='actuarian']i sent the email to mr. Bayley also and received the following (very fast!) response:

Hi, its a mistake onboard that we are correcting. Thanks for letting me know. Michael

sent from ibm notes traveler

michael bayley
president & ceo
royal caribbean international
[email]mbayley@rccl.com[/email][/quote]

hallelujah!

[quote name='Royal Caribbean International']Hello everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Concierge Lounge policy on the Enchantment was incorrect and has been fixed. Diamond Plus members may continue to enjoy this venue.[/QUOTE]

I am [B][I]mesmerized[/I][/B] by the sudden participation of Royal Caribbean International.

:D :D ;)

[quote name='Merion_Mom']I am [B][I]mesmerized[/I][/B] by the sudden participation of Royal Caribbean International.

:D :D ;)[/QUOTE]

There is a similar representative on the celebrity boards. He/she seems to step in when there is something that needs clarification, before there is a mutiny.

So, what do you think is the catalyst for the RCI participation.
M

[QUOTE]I am mesmerized by the sudden participation of Royal Caribbean International.[/QUOTE]

:D Well they post here every so often. Probably out of self defense to keep the poor executive's email boxes from blowing up with angry emails from CC posters. Can't say that I blame them. I am often astonished by some of the complaints people lob at Goldstein and Bayley before even attempting the appropriate level of resolution first. They do have a publicly traded billion dollar corporation to run.

.....I just shook my "8 Ball" and asked the question " Is this sign on the CL an omen of future happenings on all RCL ships?" and the answer appeared "YES". Then I asked the "8 Ball" "when will this occur?" It answered " when all the dust settles from the first trial".

........Love my "8 Ball" to tell the future...........

[quote name='Dave85']I'm not arguing with you, but I just can't figure out what benefit RCI achieves by eliminating an overflow lounge that costs them little or nothing. I haven't heard a compelling rationale yet. They're still handing out the same number of free drinks and using the same or very close to the same number or beverage servers whether there's an overflow lounge or not (at least based on my overflow lounge experience). Perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm missing.[/quote]

I'm actually going to add to this. another observation:
I've just spent some time reading the increased drink prices threads. A couple of them now and I'm even more, now, leaning towards no more overflow lounges possibly. With the rising drink prices, it seems as if they are wanting everyone to buy drink packages.
Merion_Mom may have been on to something when she posted that poll on discounts on packages for loyalty members.:cool:

[quote name='BND']It currently does work for the most part. The majority of D+ go to the DL or use their vouchers. We've met more D+ in the lounges than D and when we've been in the CL, we've met a few D+, but mostly suite guests. The number of D+ who use the CL is enough to tip the scales for crowding in there. Not to say that it's not going to get worse in both lounges unless they do something, but it currently does work. I have met many D+ who hate the CL and much prefer the casual atmosphere of the DL.

As for concern about people guessing, well having read many guesses and "insider" information here in the past, the track record of those being correct or very close to correct is pretty high. We have been in discussions onboard with other D and D+ who have the same opinion as many have stated here. I'm thinking that when the new suite benefits are announced, that the changes to the DL and CL will also be included. You don't have to like or agree with other's opinions, but neither do you get to belittle them.[/quote]So much for last post, let's make the previuos "next to last post" First off I stand by my comment, secondly you have no clue whatsoever when you say the majority of D+ use the DL or vouchers, give me a break! As far as the number of D+ in the CL lounge tipping the scales as you say, do you really know the number...of course not. Again stand by my post and my comment regarding let's say common sense regarding the numbers and why it doesn't "add" up.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

[quote name='Debde']I'm actually going to add to this. another observation:
I've just spent some time reading the increased drink prices threads. A couple of them now and I'm even more, now, leaning towards no more overflow lounges possibly. With the rising drink prices, it seems as if they are wanting everyone to buy drink packages.
Merion_Mom may have been on to something when she posted that poll on discounts on packages for loyalty members.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I think you could be on to something with the packages. I'm sure they're making a killing on the drink packages, which are wildly possible, and they aren't handing them out for free as readily as other lines like X and NCL. I can't say I agree that they're moving in the direction of eliminating the free drinks altogether in favor of a modest discount on drink packages, but I do agree that they seem to want people to purchase the packages.

I also have to confess the Oasis Class bias inherent in my earlier post. When I think about overflow lounges, there's just so much available space on Oasis Class ships that it just is not an issue. Nobody's otherwise hanging out at Blaze at 530pm... I realize that might not be the case on the smaller classes of ship where space is more at a premium.

[quote name='Thetrail']So much for last post, let's make the previuos "next to last post" First off I stand by my comment, secondly you have no clue whatsoever when you say the majority of D+ use the DL or vouchers, give me a break! As far as the number of D+ in the CL lounge tipping the scales as you say, do you really know the number...of course not. Again stand by my post and my comment regarding let's say common sense regarding the numbers and why it doesn't "add" up.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote]
I at first also reacted negatively to their statement about lounge use by the majority of D+s. Then I realized that the situation can be very ship specific. On Radiance class for instance, the CL is far superior to the DL and you tend to find the D+s there. I also realize that we do not sail all classes of ships on a regular basis so my observations are skewed. I can see where people would tend to migrate out of enclosed/dark lounges to those with a view. On my last cruise (Vision) I found the lounge to be poorly laid out and somewhat unfriendly. By the second week we had migrated down to the "Some Enchanted Evening Bar". We had at first tried the DL but didn't feel welcome there. So, people move for all kinds of reasons and the particular ship/ship layout has a lot to do with it.

[quote name='Dave85'] I can't say I agree that they're moving in the direction of eliminating the free drinks altogether in favor of a modest discount on drink packages, but I do agree that they seem to want people to purchase the packages.
[/quote]

I don't think they are trying to eliminate them either. Just where they are consumed, and a possible blow soften by discounted beverage packages. Again, just thinking out loud with no real insider knowledge!;)

[quote name='Thetrail']So much for last post, let's make the previuos "next to last post" First off I stand by my comment, secondly you have no clue whatsoever when you say the majority of D+ use the DL or vouchers, give me a break! As far as the number of D+ in the CL lounge tipping the scales as you say, do you really know the number...of course not. Again stand by my post and my comment regarding let's say common sense regarding the numbers and why it doesn't "add" up.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Aren't you a sweetheart. I'm going on my own observations and conversations with other D+'s, just as obviously as you are, but I'm not as rude about it. Do you know the number? I doubt it, so how can you be so sure you are right? You just argued against your own opinion.

I also agree with Grand Isle Joe (shocker since I rarely do lol) but I think this was a trial balloon and will happen again. Anyone remember the great priority boarding sign debacle (with pictures) before the changes and addition of Emerald? They can say anything they want today and still change things up in a few weeks. But, it doesn't matter to us as we plan to use the DL and/or vouchers even though we are eligible for CL. Edited by BND

[quote name='cruisegirl1']There is a similar representative on the celebrity boards. He/she seems to step in when there is something that needs clarification, before there is a mutiny.

So, what do you think is the catalyst for the RCI participation.

M[/QUOTE]

In a word - Bayley:)

Thank you for the clarification.

[quote name='Thetrail']Good question, now that I undersatnd your meaning. I for one don't know or care what someone's C&A status is. I know what you are if your in the CL and not in a GS (Either D+ or P) or above. I don't offer my point total to anyone unless they ask. :)[/QUOTE]

Now that we are clear, how do you know my C&A status if I am in a suite?;)

I think you will NOT know the status, i.e gold vs platinum, vs emerald vs diamond, but you will recognize the blazing GOLD seapass card that only suite guests and pinnacles have. It seems that the color of the seapass trumps many others with "status". I had a concierge tell me that he gold-colored card was superior to all others...

[quote name='minn0315']I think you will NOT know the status, i.e gold vs platinum, vs emerald vs diamond, but you will recognize the blazing GOLD seapass card that only suite guests and pinnacles have. It seems that the color of the seapass trumps many others with "status". I had a concierge tell me that he gold-colored card was superior to all others...[/QUOTE]

I've had a concierge tell me the same thing :rolleyes:

Thanks!

And while you're here, we're going to need the answer to life, the universe and everything.

[quote name='minn0315']I think you will NOT know the status, i.e gold vs platinum, vs emerald vs diamond, but you will recognize the blazing GOLD seapass card that only suite guests and pinnacles have. It seems that the color of the seapass trumps many others with "status". I had a concierge tell me that he gold-colored card was superior to all others...[/QUOTE]

even though we were in suite with gold card concierge asked us if we would use diamond club since Cl was crowded and I just guessing some were just diamond plus without gold card