Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

Now that the deck plans for Harmony are out-no CL on that ship, one still has to wonder the fate of these lounges fleet wide?

But there's still a lounge for Diamond, Diamond plus and Pinnacles to go to, what's the issue?

But there's still a lounge for Diamond, Diamond plus and Pinnacles to go to, what's the issue?

D+ lost the ability to have hot breakfast and lunch in the CL. That's been moved up to the Coastal Kitchen.

D+ lost the ability to have hot breakfast and lunch in the CL. That's been moved up to the Coastal Kitchen.

Hot breakfast and lunch. Yeah, that sounds good. Now the truth, I was looking forward to beer at lunch;):eek: But I'll claim it's the food or else I'll get criticized here by the booze police.

But no other CL in the fleet offered hot breakfast or lunch, so if you never sailed Oasis class you haven't lost anything. I really don't understand this uproar on losing the CL for D+ guests on an Oasis class ship.

There is still a lounge, presumably there is still a cocktail hour, there's still a concierge. So, if, and only if you sailed Oasis class, a hot breakfast and lunch has been 'lost'. Goodness me there's enough other venues on an Oasis class ship offering that amenity for no charge. What's the problem?

Or is it as I suspect, the elitist and entitlement attitude that has taken a blow and that's what's really upsetting some D+ members?

Remember folks, these are 'perks' of being a frequent cruiser on RCI. Just like all other loyalty programs, the company has the right to alter the offering when they chose to.

OK, flame away.

It's actually rather clever on the part of Royal. Don't "kick" the D+s out of the CL. Just change the name:confused:

In would think that, if that were the plan, there would not be a Concierge Club on the Anthem. However, there is.

But no other CL in the fleet offered hot breakfast or lunch, so if you never sailed Oasis class you haven't lost anything. I really don't understand this uproar on losing the CL for D+ guests on an Oasis class ship.

There is still a lounge, presumably there is still a cocktail hour, there's still a concierge. So, if, and only if you sailed Oasis class, a hot breakfast and lunch has been 'lost'. Goodness me there's enough other venues on an Oasis class ship offering that amenity for no charge. What's the problem?

Or is it as I suspect, the elitist and entitlement attitude that has taken a blow and that's what's really upsetting some D+ members?

Remember folks, these are 'perks' of being a frequent cruiser on RCI. Just like all other loyalty programs, the company has the right to alter the offering when they chose to.

OK, flame away.

I don't know about the rest of you , but I do get tired of people who are not D or D+ condemning those that are when we or they are upset about loss of certain privileges. Now that's my 2 cents!!! Don't condemn until u walk in the shoes!!

I don't know about the rest of you , but I do get tired of people who are not D or D+ condemning those that are when we or they are upset about loss of certain privileges. Now that's my 2 cents!!! Don't condemn until u walk in the shoes!!

Just for the record I am D+ so I do walk in those shoes, so I believe I can comment. However, I don't expect the cruise line to cater to all my demands as it's their loyalty program, not mine!

And that's my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by peteukmcr

Just for the record I am D+ so I do walk in those shoes, so I believe I can comment. However, I don't expect the cruise line to cater to all my demands as it's their loyalty program, not mine!

And that's my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I'm grateful for the drink vouchers, ANY lounge to go for appetizers and drinks during happy hour, and all the other D+ bennies I have been blessed with by RCCL.

Concierge Lounges have never impressed us. On the average, the DL's are nicer venues, with the CL on the Radiance being the exception.

And I agree with you. On or off a ship, big or little issue, when a group of consumers is accustomed to a certain perk, and then it is withdrawn, they are not going to be happy.

Instead of chastising the consumer for being annoyed, why not chastise the company for a lack of foresight and planning.

I mean, c'mon, think of how Ds have been knocked around the past few years - CL access, no wait - you're kicked out, OK, how about a little wine party?, still mad, OK we'll build you your own lounges, I know, Diamonds in December- extra points!, Uh Oh, we made too many Diamonds, I know, we'll put drinks on your cards to set you up for????.

Is this logical and thoughtful planning?

• 4 weeks later...

I was on Grandeur last month. The DL concierge said that D+ have been exited from the CL on "some ships". The only problem for me would be when the latte machine in not working in the DL but is working in the CL. This happened on Lady G in November.

Now -- who is more valuable to RC -- frequent cruisers or less frequent suite guests? I really don't know. But having just retired this year from teaching, and can cruise when it is not summer or spring break, it appears to me that it is the frequent cruisers who keep the ships filled during the off months. What a difference in the demographic! I love it:). Katherine

I was on Grandeur last month. The DL concierge said that D+ have been exited from the CL on "some ships". The only problem for me would be when the latte machine in not working in the DL but is working in the CL. This happened on Lady G in November.

Now -- who is more valuable to RC -- frequent cruisers or less frequent suite guests? I really don't know. But having just retired this year from teaching, and can cruise when it is not summer or spring break, it appears to me that it is the frequent cruisers who keep the ships filled during the off months. What a difference in the demographic! I love it:). Katherine

Corporate RC have been very clear that D+ are allowed in CL on all ships that have a CL. The difference is ships that have SL NOT CL. On those ships D+ only get DL. There isn't a CL on those ships for them to access! The concierge was probably referring to CL's being removed hence D+ no longer have CL to access on those specific ships.

Regarding demographics, we are frequent cruisers, can't sail off peak due to DD, and always sail in a suite when available. Not everyone sailing in a suite is infrequent, just like not all off peak cruisers are frequent:)

On Oasis TA in Oct. when we only had access to the new Deck 4 DL [CL was closed for the TA] which was for All the D and D+and PCs on a TA full of many frequent cruises.......we found out mid way, as there were Long lines for the machine...... we could get a specialty coffee at the Promenade Cafe showing our then D+ card.

So, if you are in a Suite and the machine is not working that is an option to ask for?

We were in a suite last weekend so I am not 100% sure. But we had a note inviting us to the diamond lounge since we were diamond plus. Looks like we have been booted. This was on enchantment

In March, on the Enchantment , we received info only about the diamond lounge (we are D+, not sailing in a suite) in the welcome letter, but our key worked the both the d and c lounge door.

Amenities in the c lounges and d lounges, on most ships, are basically the same.

M

Amenities in the c lounges and d lounges, on most ships, are basically the same.

M

In theory, yes. In practice, over the last 2 months we sailed Liberty and Grandeur and the lounges were not equal. Biggest problems were slow to nonexistent beverage service, and snacks not being replenished in the DL.

In March, on the Enchantment , we received info only about the diamond lounge (we are D+, not sailing in a suite) in the welcome letter, but our key worked the both the d and c lounge door.

M

We are D+ and we always only get the letter from the D Concierge (unless we are in a Suite). Our key always works in the CL.

We were in a suite last weekend so I am not 100% sure. But we had a note inviting us to the diamond lounge since we were diamond plus. Looks like we have been booted. This was on enchantment

The note inviting all to the DL is standard and does not mean that you are un-invited to the CL.

Maybe she went to the wrong lounge? Does she have the drink vouchers still?

What wrong lounge. There is CL and DL, D+ on enchantment should be permitted in both. It was only suppose to be Oasis class we are banned from.