Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

This is just my opinion, but I believe the reason for the 3 drinks was to slowly introduce the idea of having drinks outside of the DL or CL in preparations for Diamonds being no longer allowed access to the DL lounge. I think there will be another level between D+ and Pinnacle and the D+ and new level will have access to the DL and Pinnacle and Suite to the CL. Again, JMHO.

Since we are all speculating.........

I believe you are correct with the vouchers. They eased that in to get diamonds used to it.

Only difference is, I think the diamond lounges will be for D+ and P and no new level at all. All current CL will just be re-named suite lounges for suite and P's.

Overflow lounges will also go the way of the dinosaur.

I also guess that anyone that thinks the sign posted earlier meant nothing and 'was a mistake'.......... I don't think so. It was put out for a reason possibly and I'm thinking more are around, just not out in public yet. Somebody didn't just jump the gun, I think it was dropping a huge hint. [just my opinion on that too]

Suite perks are being enhanced this spring which is very soon. A sign being posted.........all this ties into suite guests and loyalty perks changes one would think. Stay tuned for more drama...........;)

Absolutely agree with you. Moving the Diamond Plus to the Diamond lounge would just amplify and create overcrowding.

Also, how can they kick the Diamond Level Members out of a lounge named for them so only the Diamond Plus could use it? Additional levels to Crown & Anchor, a new name for the Diamond Lounge and modified access???

Assuming all this even comes to pass, they'll simply have an overflow area. They do it now when there are sufficient numbers of D, D+ and PC. I prefer the overflow on some of the ships, because it's usually the VCL. Really not that much will change since most of the ships have dedicated DLs now.

The sign issue is being addressed on EN, so we'll have to wait and see what happens there.

We've been in the CL as suite guests 3 or so times. We just made D+ with our last RCI cruise and have been expecting the CL access to change. Our experience as suite guests is that it was sometimes very crowded in the CL due to the combination of suite guests, D+ and P. We even had a D+ question us as to how we were in the CL since we were "only" D at the time. Um, GS. But, having been in DL's on several cruises, we much prefer it and won't miss not having CL access.

My feeling is the D lounge will not be that much more crowded since a lot of D+ already use the DL instead of the CL. We have met a lot more D+ in the lounges than D. A few more won't make that much difference.

Since we are all speculating.........

I believe you are correct with the vouchers. They eased that in to get diamonds used to it.

Only difference is, I think the diamond lounges will be for D+ and P and no new level at all. All current CL will just be re-named suite lounges for suite and P's.

Overflow lounges will also go the way of the dinosaur.

I completely agree with you and have been saying for over a year now that this would be the real solution to end the lounge overcrowding problems. Would be easy to rename the D+ level (D+ = Connoisseur?) and change the name of the current D lounges to match.

D's would stay D's and get the 3 vouchers - but no lounge access.

I don't see the need for a level between D+ and P either (and we will be hitting that mystical 350 level soon). That would just plug up the CL again. I don't see any form of "grandfathering" for either lounge either - certainly not coming from that IT department.

Just my 2 pennies worth on a first world problem. ;)

The numbers will tell you otherwise. Common sense here, please....D along with D+ in one lounge, just think about this for one split second. Thank You....:eek::rolleyes: Suite guests (of which you can count me as one) and Pinnacle not so many. Again noone knows what will happen until it happens, its speculation at this point. We have all heard the thoughts (raising the number to 350 was mentioned, another tier between D+ and Pinnacle) we shall see. So again think of the sheer number of diamond, throw in D+ and there is very simply OVERCROWDING.

Some points to consider:

Suites are a fixed-sized group (for the most part) on any ship, and, at least for the time being, the Pinnacle group isn't that large. So a Suite Lounge is reasonably easy to predict the crowding density for all sailings.

The D/D+ group, however, can have a varied size from below the suite numbers to 1/4 of the ship for those cool and unique itineraries. So it's crowding density is only predictable for an individual sailing.

Since the "New DL" (certainly for Oasis and probably other O-class ships, can't speak for any long-term plans of other ships) is the CL minus Suites plus Diamonds, crowding density might not change (especially if the fully utilize the upstairs and drop Wonderland).

Long term, it might really be better to separate the Suites and combine the D's and D+'s, as for that group, it is more practical to have drink vouchers and/or overflow lounges.

Assuming all this even comes to pass, they'll simply have an overflow area. They do it now when there are sufficient numbers of D, D+ and PC. I prefer the overflow on some of the ships, because it's usually the VCL. Really not that much will change since most of the ships have dedicated DLs now.

The sign issue is being addressed on EN, so we'll have to wait and see what happens there.

I agree. It's very easy for RCI to set up an overflow area, and is already done... No need to talk about kicking Diamonds out of the Diamond Lounge or anything silly like that. Why upset so many people when you can just open an overflow lounge with minimal (if any) extra cost to the cruise line?

Some points to consider:

Suites are a fixed-sized group (for the most part) on any ship, and, at least for the time being, the Pinnacle group isn't that large. So a Suite Lounge is reasonably easy to predict the crowding density for all sailings.

The D/D+ group, however, can have a varied size from below the suite numbers to 1/4 of the ship for those cool and unique itineraries. So it's crowding density is only predictable for an individual sailing.

Since the "New DL" (certainly for Oasis and probably other O-class ships, can't speak for any long-term plans of other ships) is the CL minus Suites plus Diamonds, crowding density might not change (especially if the fully utilize the upstairs and drop Wonderland).

Long term, it might really be better to separate the Suites and combine the D's and D+'s, as for that group, it is more practical to have drink vouchers and/or overflow lounges.

Another "point to ponder" that is not in your current "pondering".

Usage and eligibility are not the same thing.

If you read all of the posts just on THIS thread, you will learn that not all eligible D, D+, PC or suite guests USE the lounge.

"Crowding" in the lounge(s) also depends on the demographics and personal preferences of the cruisers on a particular cruise.

(example of some influences: whether the cruiser is traveling with or without other ineligible family members, whether the cruiser is traveling with children, whether the cruiser is traveling on a cruise with lots of children of OTHER people when the cruiser is a "child-hater", to use the language of a few CC posters :rolleyes:, whether the cruiser decides to try a beverage package, whether the cruiser meets NEW people who are not eligible to use the lounges, etc., etc., etc.)

:)

Sherri,

Not sure if you are keeping track of the Loyalty Ambassador or not ...

I was told Catalina will be coming back as the Loyalty Ambassador

Angie -- Thanks for the information. I'm only keeping the list for Concierges. I don't think that anyone is doing that for the LA

Also, how can they kick the Diamond Level Members out of a lounge named for them so only the Diamond Plus could use it? Additional levels to Crown & Anchor, a new name for the Diamond Lounge and modified access???

Actually it is very easy. They could just take down the sign that says "Diamond Lounge" and replace it with a sign that says "Suite Lounge". Then, there would be no more Diamond Lounge and Diamonds would have to use their vouchers in other venues. The Concierge Lounge would stay exactly as it was and be for D+s and Ps only, so no overcrowding. Technically, there would be no change in benefits for D+s. Ds would be back where they were when they were first kicked out of the Concierge Lounge in 2009 except that they would have their drink vouchers, so that could be called an enhancement! (The list of D benefits on the C&A web site does not mention drink vouchers.) The new Suite Lounge would get remodeled and be used as the center for the new benefits offered to Suite guests only, as the Suite Lounge on the Oasis is now.

Actually it is very easy. They could just take down the sign that says "Diamond Lounge" and replace it with a sign that says "Suite Lounge". Then, there would be no more Diamond Lounge and Diamonds would have to use their vouchers in other venues. The Concierge Lounge would stay exactly as it was and be for D+s and Ps only, so no overcrowding. Technically, there would be no change in benefits for D+s. Ds would be back where they were when they were first kicked out of the Concierge Lounge in 2009 except that they would have their drink vouchers, so that could be called an enhancement! (The list of D benefits on the C&A web site does not mention drink vouchers.) The new Suite Lounge would get remodeled and be used as the center for the new benefits offered to Suite guests only, as the Suite Lounge on the Oasis is now.

I understand that the sign could be taken down. I am hopeful that the current Diamond members don't lose their lounge and access as happened in 2009. Sounds like the movie Groundhog Day, to lose access a 2nd time. Hopefully things will stay the same and this is all conjecture.

I predict that Diamonds will soon loose their lounge and be given the 3 drinks which will be good all day. Diamond Plus would have their own "Diamond Plus Lounge" (perhaps more drinks, like 6) and Pinnacle Club would get use of the Suite Lounge, plus 6+ bar drinks around the ship.

This would make sense to me, rather or not I like the transition, it may very well happen.

I am sorry for my wording. But I think if you read the entire post you can clearly see that I was talking about lower level in C&A. NOT that people that travel in Suites are "Lowly".

I have seen it here on CC where it is assumed that people traveling in Suites do so just one time and never return to RCCL.

I just was wanting to know how people knew the C&A status of others on the cruise.

Good question, now that I undersatnd your meaning. I for one don't know or care what someone's C&A status is. I know what you are if your in the CL and not in a GS (Either D+ or P) or above. I don't offer my point total to anyone unless they ask. :)

Another "point to ponder" that is not in your current "pondering".

Usage and eligibility are not the same thing.

If you read all of the posts just on THIS thread, you will learn that not all eligible D, D+, PC or suite guests USE the lounge.

"Crowding" in the lounge(s) also depends on the demographics and personal preferences of the cruisers on a particular cruise.

(example of some influences: whether the cruiser is traveling with or without other ineligible family members, whether the cruiser is traveling with children, whether the cruiser is traveling on a cruise with lots of children of OTHER people when the cruiser is a "child-hater", to use the language of a few CC posters :rolleyes:, whether the cruiser decides to try a beverage package, whether the cruiser meets NEW people who are not eligible to use the lounges, etc., etc., etc.)

:)

"pondering" over having D and D+ in the same lounge boggles the mind. People who suggest this have no grasp on reality or simply are ignorant of the sheer numbers, it won't work, vouchers or no vouchers...:);)

I predict that Diamonds will soon loose their lounge and be given the 3 drinks which will be good all day. Diamond Plus would have their own "Diamond Plus Lounge" (perhaps more drinks, like 6) and Pinnacle Club would get use of the Suite Lounge, plus 6+ bar drinks around the ship.

This would make sense to me, rather or not I like the transition, it may very well happen.

Wow, so much guessing when none of us have a clue, it is comical! Have to move on from this thread, but thanks for the comic relief...:)

Wow, so much guessing when none of us have a clue, it is comical! Have to move on from this thread, but thanks for the comic relief...:)

Everyone here is just guessing, predicting, assuming, wondering, wishing etc........... No harm no foul!;)

One thing I'm sure all can count on. A change. Things will probably not go on as is. They have been hinting at this for quite some time now. Although I'm the kind of-just tear the band aid off quickly instead of slowly but Royal seems to want to ease all in this time. Spring is not that far off and the official announcement should be made soon and then let the real fun begin.:D

"pondering" over having D and D+ in the same lounge boggles the mind. People who suggest this have no grasp on reality or simply are ignorant of the sheer numbers, it won't work, vouchers or no vouchers...:);)

It currently does work for the most part. The majority of D+ go to the DL or use their vouchers. We've met more D+ in the lounges than D and when we've been in the CL, we've met a few D+, but mostly suite guests. The number of D+ who use the CL is enough to tip the scales for crowding in there. Not to say that it's not going to get worse in both lounges unless they do something, but it currently does work. I have met many D+ who hate the CL and much prefer the casual atmosphere of the DL.

As for concern about people guessing, well having read many guesses and "insider" information here in the past, the track record of those being correct or very close to correct is pretty high. We have been in discussions onboard with other D and D+ who have the same opinion as many have stated here. I'm thinking that when the new suite benefits are announced, that the changes to the DL and CL will also be included. You don't have to like or agree with other's opinions, but neither do you get to belittle them.

Edited by BND

The numbers will tell you otherwise. Common sense here, please....D along with D+ in one lounge, just think about this for one split second. Thank You....:eek::rolleyes: Suite guests (of which you can count me as one) and Pinnacle not so many. Again noone knows what will happen until it happens, its speculation at this point. We have all heard the thoughts (raising the number to 350 was mentioned, another tier between D+ and Pinnacle) we shall see. So again think of the sheer number of diamond, throw in D+ and there is very simply OVERCROWDING.

I think you missed my point: initially overcrowding will encourage D and D+ passengers to use other venues for their free happy hour. If this happens, and I think many will do this, the overcrowding diminishes. If a majority are moving out and around the ship, then there is no overcrowding. That is specifically why RCCL started the free drinks loaded to our seapass cards.

Everyone here is just guessing, predicting, assuming, wondering, wishing etc........... No harm no foul!;)

One thing I'm sure all can count on. A change. Things will probably not go on as is. They have been hinting at this for quite some time now. Although I'm the kind of-just tear the band aid off quickly instead of slowly but Royal seems to want to ease all in this time. Spring is not that far off and the official announcement should be made soon and then let the real fun begin.:D

I tend to agree with you that change is probably not too far off. Further I suspect that putting the drink vouchers on the seapass cards was a preemptive move to appease the D members. Perhaps, as some have suggested, a few more drinks may be loaded onto the cards, maybe the hours will be extended or card use will be allowed in the MDR. Who knows? I sure don't.

Certainly, putting another level between D+ and P makes sense. The CL could be limited to suite guests, P and the new level, then combine the D and remaining D+ into the D lounge. But, as you suggest this approach tends to ignore the rapidly growing number of D and D+ members which will eventually need to be addressed.

I do know that RCL is trying to eliminate the overflow lounges so I don't see that as a likely solution.

BND's comments about things working now is true on some sailings - not all. I also am part of that group that prefers the DL over the CL on most ships. But that is because it has windows and a nearby restroom. Stuck in a rather depressing lounge on deck nine is not very appealing. Think you'll find the trend reversed on the Radiance Class ships where the CL tends to be a bit better than the DL.

Edited by Don Pedro

I do know that RCL is trying to eliminate the overflow lounges so I don't see that as a likely solution.

I'm not arguing with you, but I just can't figure out what benefit RCI achieves by eliminating an overflow lounge that costs them little or nothing. I haven't heard a compelling rationale yet. They're still handing out the same number of free drinks and using the same or very close to the same number or beverage servers whether there's an overflow lounge or not (at least based on my overflow lounge experience). Perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm missing.

I'm not arguing with you, but I just can't figure out what benefit RCI achieves by eliminating an overflow lounge that costs them little or nothing. I haven't heard a compelling rationale yet. They're still handing out the same number of free drinks and using the same or very close to the same number or beverage servers whether there's an overflow lounge or not (at least based on my overflow lounge experience). Perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm missing.

The overflow lounges tend to be ones that can be used for other activities.

By using the lounges for an overflow when it could beused as a say music/dance venue for the hours it is closed cuts down on revenue from drinks from the paying guests.

The overflow lounges tend to be ones that can be used for other activities.

By using the lounges for an overflow when it could beused as a say music/dance venue for the hours it is closed cuts down on revenue from drinks from the paying guests.

They also have to pull wait staff from other areas to service the overflow. I know on GR last year in the DL, the concierge Jorge had requested another waiter for the week after our trip due to the sheer number of D and above expected, but he was told there was no guarantee he would get anyone. They all have other assignments and finding someone available is difficult.