Dine Around Dining Package?

phabric

Isn't the "Dine Around" a combo package of specialty restaurants that is priced slightly lower than purchasing each restaurant separately?

I don't know how it works, as I wouldn't be interested in purchasing it.

The cruise is for Dec 26 on the Westerndam.

The one week sale,"Ocean view & higher receive up to $400 shore excursion credit, Dine Around Package ($70 value), free or reduced 3 & 4, 50% deposit".

We are using an US agent.

We have a group that was booked when HAL's promotion was speciality beverage package. A group that the agent was booking today with the new sale.

HAL web page does not have anything on the Dine Around only describes the different restaurants.

Will this group have paid restaurants paid for or is it a reduced price for these restaurants?

Never heard of it. Will be interested in what others have to say.

Roz

Here's the description in the Anniversary Sale terms and conditions:

Dine Around Package has a retail value of US$70 per stateroom ($35 per person) or US$100 per stateroom (US$50 per guest - Signature Class ships only.) Offer is subject to availability in the Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind restaurants. Reservations and dining times will be assigned on embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner.

The Dine Around Package is part of the new Anniversary Sale promo.

Dine Around Package has a retail value of US$70 per stateroom ($35 per person) or US$100 per stateroom (US$50 per guest - Signature Class ships only.) Offer is subject to availability in the Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind restaurants. Reservations and dining times will be assigned on embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner.

I'm pretty sure the "Dine Around Package" is the same as the Signature Dining Package that is available under the "Indulgences" offerings on HAL's website.

The package costs $35 on non-Pinnacle ships and includes one dinner each in the Pinnacle Grill and Cannaletto, and $50 on Pinnacle ships which adds a third dinner in Tamarind.

Two different names...same product.

I'm pretty sure the "Dine Around Package" is the same as the Signature Dining Package that is available under the "Indulgences" offerings on HAL's website.

The package costs $35 on non-Pinnacle ships and includes one dinner each in the Pinnacle Grill and Cannaletto, and $50 on Pinnacle ships which adds a third dinner in Tamarind.

Two different names...same product.

Correct!!

We just got off the Nieuw and it was the signature dining package for $50 pp.

The Dine Around Package is part of the new Anniversary Sale promo.

So, you save a few dollars and don't get guaranteed reservations.

I'm not sure the point, really.

For 3/4/5 stars it isn't a worthwhile package, so it is aimed at newbies to get them into the specialty dining venues. A good plan on HAL's part, I think!

Seatrade is covering the Anniversary Sale today. Link's at:http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/hal-sale-offers-excursion-credit-dining-package-reduced-deposit.html?nspPage=1

Also, lifted from the article:

The dining package applies to the Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto and Tamarind. Passengers on Signature-class ships Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam receive a Dine Around Package with one reservation at all three restaurants, while those on all other ships receive one reservation at both the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto.

Isn't this the same time as last year's explore4 promotion? Sounds like this is a new version, with all of the specials that they are offering, minus the beverage package....maybe they figured out that people will pay for that instead and they lose less money with freebies on this new promotion. The Shorex credit is nice though.

Seatrade is covering the Anniversary Sale today. Link's at:http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/hal-sale-offers-excursion-credit-dining-package-reduced-deposit.html?nspPage=1

The dining package applies to the Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto and Tamarind. Passengers on Signature-class ships Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam receive a Dine Around Package with one reservation at all three restaurants, while those on all other ships receive one reservation at both the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto.

Isn't this the same time as last year's explore4 promotion? Sounds like this is a new version, with all of the specials that they are offering, minus the beverage package....maybe they figured out that people will pay for that instead and they lose less money with freebies on this new promotion. The Shorex credit is nice though.

The Explore4 package was in the FALL last year (I booked this), although there may have been another one earlier that I forgot about.

Not quite the same as the E4 promo. For the latest E4 promo, one got only a PG dinner when they booked an outside cabin (and the SBP) or both PG and Cannaletto if they booked a suite. This new promo is both restaurants per booking for the Vista ships and smaller ships, and all three restaurants for the NA and Eurodam.

And, no, it's not the same as the package that one can purchase online and save a few dollars. This is two, or three, specialty dining venues included in your cruise fare. Now, whether it is "free" depends on what the cruise fare was before the promo started and what it is now.

The other big difference between Explore4 and the current Anniversary Sale is that the credit is for Shore Excursions NOT Ship Board Credit that Suites received with Explore 4. I would suppose that for book an Ocean View that this would be a good promotion but I have compared numerous prices from pricing booked just prior and across the board prices went up any where from $100.00 per person to most having gone up right at $250.00 per person for Neptune and Signature Suites.

Anniversary Sale offers are per stateroom based on Promo ZH, double occupancy, for 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom and excludes 3rd/4th guests, except as provided herein. Anniversary Sale offers are available for new bookings only, apply only to the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys, are not combinable with regional discounts, Flash promotions, Net Rates, or other travel agency exclusive offers, are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Beverage, dining card and Internet minute offers are not transferable or refundable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and are not replaceable if lost or stolen. Offers are applicable on select 2015 and 2016 departures. Shore excursion credit for ocean-view and above staterooms on cruises 7-10 days in length is: US$100 per person (US$200 per stateroom); amount for cruises 11-14 days and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys is: US$200 per person (US$400 per stateroom). Credit cannot be used to purchase or reserve shore excursions in advance (must be done onboard.) Third/fourth offer is based on sharing a stateroom with 1st and 2nd guests, and is based on Promo Z3. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses apply to all 3rd/4th offers. 50% reduced deposit: bookings made on voyages requiring immediate final payment are not eligible for a reduced deposit. Dine Around Package has a retail value of US$70 per stateroom ($35 per person) or US$100 per stateroom (US$50 per guest - Signature Class ships only.) Offer is subject to availability in the Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind restaurants. Reservations and dining times will be assigned on embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner. Suite Offer: Guests who book a suite category stateroom will receive double Shore Excursion Credit as follows: cruises 7-10 days: US$200 per person (US$400 per stateroom); cruises 11+days or Alaska Land+Sea Journeys: US$400 per person (US$800 per stateroom). Anniversary Sale Beverage Card: Package is two cards each with a retail value of US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom), including service charges. Beverage cards may be used to purchase beverages or other eligible items at payment terminals aboard the ship. No balance may be carried on the beverage cards after the end of the cruise. Beverage cards exclude purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. 100 Free Internet Minutes have a retail value of US$55 per stateroom. Holland America Line cannot guarantee the availability of internet connection or speed. For full terms and conditions, please refer to hollandamerica.com. Other restrictions may apply. Anniversary Sale Offer ends June 1, 2015. Ships' Registry: The Netherlands.

Thanks for the tip ..

I find the current anniversary sale somewhat weak. The $70 will get you to the Pinnacle once since its $29pp. 100 minutes of internet. $55 The shore excursion credit if I read it right, can only be used for excursions once on the ship. Sometimes the popular excursions are sold out. I also noticed that the price of the cruises this is offered on have all been raised $200 to $500. In essence your are paying for the promotion. Doubt this will be a successful promo to those of us who are watching certain itineraries. Just my thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

I find the current anniversary sale somewhat weak. The $70 will get you to the Pinnacle once since its $29pp. 100 minutes of internet. $55 The shore excursion credit if I read it right, can only be used for excursions once on the ship. Sometimes the popular excursions are sold out. I also noticed that the price of the cruises this is offered on have all been raised $200 to $500. In essence your are paying for the promotion. Doubt this will be a successful promo to those of us who are watching certain itineraries. Just my thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

You almost always pay for HAL's promos. This is the nature of the game.

It will be a successful promo with new bookings, though.

I find the current anniversary sale somewhat weak. The $70 will get you to the Pinnacle once since its $29pp. 100 minutes of internet. $55 The shore excursion credit if I read it right, can only be used for excursions once on the ship. Sometimes the popular excursions are sold out. I also noticed that the price of the cruises this is offered on have all been raised $200 to $500. In essence your are paying for the promotion. Doubt this will be a successful promo to those of ubs who are watching certain itineraries. Just my thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed! The price on my son's balcony cabin went from $699 to $949. The price on our Vista Suite remains the same - but we got Explore 4 with ours so it remains a win/win. I would much rather have Explore 4 than any excursion package.

Our cruise fare actually went down when our TA rebooked our cruise to take advantage of the Anniversary Sale. We were booked to Hawaii in 2016, not a lot but down is always good [emoji5]️

The other big difference between Explore4 and the current Anniversary Sale is that the credit is for Shore Excursions NOT Ship Board Credit that Suites received with Explore 4. I would suppose that for book an Ocean View that this would be a good promotion but I have compared numerous prices from pricing booked just prior and across the board prices went up any where from $100.00 per person to most having gone up right at $250.00 per person for Neptune and Signature Suites.

Some fares may have nudged upward, but on our transatlantic the price did not increase. We got $400 in shorex and three speciality dinners. We were going to book this voyage anyway so for us it was a good deal .

Edited by sfocruiser

Not interested in doing ship exursions, and we do not go to the Specialty restaurants in general...

Prices went up on eligeable sailings though, so it is not a promotion at all but a clever marketing trick to get more people on their exursions while making them believe they have struck a "good deal"...