Carnival stock upgraded this morning

DaveOKC

"JPMorgan Chase—Bernstein raised its rating on the bank's shares to "outperform" from "market perform," saying it looks attractively valued and pointing to a 2.9-percent dividend yield, among other factors."

Stock up almost $1 this morning based on the above upgrade. This stock is up 60% since I bought it 2 years ago, plus I have gotten over $700 in OBC (on $3000 in stock) in that time (plus a 3.3% dividend - based on my cost). Best investment I ever made!

Thanks Holland America/Carnival!

Edited by DaveOKC

DH is doing a happy dance.. I kept reading CC & vacillating about this stock..In 2009 we both finally decided to purchase it at $18.24....Can't believe it's up to $49 now.. Have received lots of OBC's & dividends since then..:D:D:D

Our Broker wasn't that keen about it either, but when I mentioned the great OBC's for the longer cruises, he agreed it might be a good buy for us.. Now only wish we had purchased more than 100 shares..;)

you all have me jealous of the <$20/share.

Congrats. I always felt even I broke even on the stock itself, I've made out in the long run with the OBC. I've had the stock for 4 years and made approx 10% on OBC alone. :)

Dave, Thanks again for the good news re CCL stock. I almost feel as though I should be paying you an investment adviser fee, since you always get the CCL news to me before my (highly compensated) broker-financial advisr ... would you settle for a spot on my prayer list?

Thanks,

Rod

Dave, Thanks again for the good news re CCL stock. I almost feel as though I should be paying you an investment adviser fee, since you always get the CCL news to me before my (highly compensated) broker-financial advisr ... would you settle for a spot on my prayer list?

Thanks,

Rod

Sounds great to me - I need all the help I can get!

I once thought about being a financial advisor, since I went to a good business school, but I always feel so bad when one of my stock picks goes bad and I recommended it to someone, that I knew I just did not have the stomach for it.

Cramer said on this show today that CCL stock was only $32 in Oct, 2014. Wish I had bought more then - 50% gain in 6 months!!!

Edited by DaveOKC

"JPMorgan Chase—Bernstein raised its rating on the bank's shares to "outperform" from "market perform," saying it looks attractively valued and pointing to a 2.9-percent dividend yield, among other factors."

Stock up almost $1 this morning based on the above upgrade. This stock is up 60% since I bought it 2 years ago, plus I have gotten over $700 in OBC (on $3000 in stock) in that time (plus a 3.3% dividend - based on my cost). Best investment I ever made!

Thanks Holland America/Carnival!

Good for you, I have generally tried to distance "investment" versus "leisure" No if the product is really really special that warrants investment.

Should I tell you about many other stocks that in hindsight that might have returned fare more than 60% over two years and a dividend of a palty 700 bucks ;):D

DW & I have contemplated purchasing stock. We have a cruise booked for June 1. If we bought in the next couple of weeks would we be eligible for OBC?

Yes.

You have to allow sufficient time for the stock purchase to be registered, and confirmation sent to you. Then, you also have to allow time for the verification to be sent to HAL, and processed.

There's plenty of time before June 1.

I have owned CCL for a very long time and consider it to be one of my better investment decisions. Given the headwinds that the Company have encountered in recent years, one can understand a lower per share price than RCI. CCL's balance sheet for 2014 shows a declining debt load. I have not yet received RCI's, but I would be surprised if there balance sheet shows the opposite.

CCL shares are underpriced, in my opinon.

• 4 weeks later...
I have owned CCL for a very long time and consider it to be one of my better investment decisions. Given the headwinds that the Company have encountered in recent years, one can understand a lower per share price than RCI. CCL's balance sheet for 2014 shows a declining debt load. I have not yet received RCI's, but I would be surprised if there balance sheet shows the opposite.

CCL shares are underpriced, in my opinon.

Okay, so we purchased our stock yesterday. :)(My DH did it online through his account) so......how will I go about getting my OBC??? Thanks for any advice!

Tanya

Okay, so we purchased our stock yesterday. :)(My DH did it online through his account) so......how will I go about getting my OBC??? Thanks for any advice!

Tanya

See the attached link. It should give you the info you require.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Tanya

Tanya, To apply for the ship board credit due to CCL shares, guest should send in the proof of ownership(statement of shares,letter from Carnival/or finannial advisor) stating how many shares are owned, and who the share holder(s) is/are.

The min. number of CCL stock is 100 shares to be eligible for the ship board. credit incentive

SEND REQUEST to the following:

Holland America line

ATTN:WORLD CRUISE RESERVATIONS or FAX:to 206-281-0627

E-MAIL worldcruisereservations@hollandamerica.com

Postal MAIL: 300 Elliot Ave. west; Seattle, WA 98119

Be sure to include your Proof of Ownership, your Names, Address & phone number, date & ship of departure & your Reservation/cabin Number..

Do this approx. one month to 6 weeks before departure & ask for a confirmation e-mail from HAL.. You should receive the confirmation within 72 hours from the time HAL receives your request..

Make sure you take your confirmation e-mail with you on your cruise..

Edited by serendipity1499

Tanya, To apply for the ship board credit due to CCL shares, guest should send in the proof of ownership(statement of shares,letter from Carnival/or finannial advisor) stating how many shares are owned, and who the share holder(s) is/are.

The min. number of CCL stock is 100 shares to be eligible for the ship board. credit incentive

SEND REQUEST to the following:

Holland America line

ATTN:WORLD CRUISE RESERVATIONS or FAX:to 206-281-0627

E-MAIL worldcruisereservations@hollandamerica.com

Postal MAIL: 300 Elliot Ave. west; Seattle, WA 98119

Be sure to include your Proof of Ownership, your Names, Address & phone number, date & ship of departure & your Reservation/cabin Number..

Do this approx. one month to 6 weeks before departure & ask for a confirmation e-mail from HAL.. You should receive the confirmation within 72 hours from the time HAL receives your request..

Make sure you take your confirmation e-mail with you on your cruise..

Thank you SO much!!!! This makes it easy for me!:)

I'm trying to convince DH that we should buy 100 shares since we have 3 cruises booked with HAL at the moment, all 14+ days so we're looking at $750 in OBC between the 3 of them. On a good note, the stock dropped over $4 since I first broached the subject about 10 days ago so in "my" mind anyway, we're up $400 already. :p

My question is - do they limit the amount of OBC they'll pay you per year or is it unlimited?