May "sale" - check your bookings for price drop

[quote name='sauvichick']None for me either. My friend got it, but because final payment was made I'm not eligible. I don't understand because we are not at 60 days yet.[/QUOTE]

It should not matter. It goes by the final payment due date not when you make final payment. Did you use a TA?

[quote name='Peeker28']I'm confused as to why there's such a difference in the amount everyone is receiving. I have an D3 booked and only received $37 off. How are some getting$75?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it depends upon the price they originally booked at.

[quote name='Ourusualbeach']It should not matter. It goes by the final payment due date not when you make final payment. Did you use a TA?[/QUOTE]

We used the warehouse price club, but I am calling again today. Thanks for the info because that's what I thought.

[quote name='sauvichick']We used the warehouse price club, but I am calling again today. Thanks for the info because that's what I thought.[/QUOTE]

Since you used a TA then it could be that they do not know about Royal's policy regarding this or they have their own internal policy against this.

It is certainly not Royal's policy. Edited by Ourusualbeach

[quote name='Ourusualbeach']Since you used a TA then it could be that they do not know about Royal's policy regarding this or they have their own internal policy against this.

It is certainly not Royal's policy.[/QUOTE]

Called back again and received $210 off. OBC dropped $25, but received $50 specialty dining credit. I was told by rep that Royal told them no discounts after final payment has been made and this was a courtesy. Meanwhile my friend received $500 off. I'm lowly gold and she's the next level up. Btw we're both in GS category. I don't know what the policy is:what:
Thanks Ourusualbeach! Edited by sauvichick

[quote name='biomedbob']I have my eye on two 10 day cruises in 2016 and 2017. They want $900.00 deposit on each one! I've better use for $1800.00 over a two year period.

Any suggestions? :confused:[/QUOTE]

If you are taking a cruise before then you can book on board a significantly reduced deposit rates. Edited by Ourusualbeach

[quote name='molly361']I called and was told that the BOGOHO is calculated AFTER deducting any credits.

RCL giveth and then taketh away.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That's what [B]suzyluvs2cruise[/B] explained also. I don't feel it's right on Royal's part but at least they're giving more than they're taking away on this promotion. :)

I haven't called yet because I'm in a quandary over two choices for a 2016 Thanksgiving week cruise.

I had been considering 11/19/16 BrillianceOTS (ports Key West, Cozumel). I've never been on that class and, despite living in Florida for 23 years, never been to Key West. It also leaves from Tampa, just an hour drive so no need for pre-cruise hotel. Approx $2500 for 2 adjoining E3s, one of which is HA, for 5 nights.

Then I saw where there was supposed to be special C&A rates for the FreedomOTS 11/22/16 (ports Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Mayo). However, whether I was logged in or not, the rates were the same (except for balcony discount). Four of us in HA JS #1328 is approx $3500 for 6 nights. (We've been in 1328 on LOTS and it is a great HA cabin if you have kids - they converted the huge walkin closet to a bunkbed room with its own closet and nightstand.)

I plan to call C&A tomorrow and check on the special pricing. But otherwise, the Freedom is $1000 more for 1 night longer and FLL departure means pre-cruise hotel. On the flip side, I know my then 16 year old grandsons would like Freedom a lot more than Brilliance and the extra cruise credits may bring me to Diamond (for what it's worth and barring any program changes in the interim).

First world problem, I know, but what to do? :confused: Edited by FloridaPalms

[quote name='BoopTennis']if you booked thru a TA, and they are out for the day, can you get the price drop by calling the cruiseline directly? or does it have to be thru the TA[/QUOTE]
If you are booked through a TA then it has to go through the TA. RCI is contractually obligated to only share financial info of any kind through them.

I'm confused as to why there's such a difference in the amount everyone is receiving. I have an D3 booked and only received $37 off. How are some getting$75?

Because it all depends on the rate they booked at. Prevailing/current rates change all the time, it fluctuates like the price of gas. So naturally, when the rate goes down, the discounts will be more or less depending on the original price. Hope that helps, or at least makes sense.

So I checked my Alaska sailing ... just after final payment, BTW. No price drop for this one. An inside guarntee now cost more than I paid for my balcony. :)

I love it when it actually turns out that booking early paid off.

So I checked my Alaska sailing ... just after final payment, BTW. No price drop for this one. An inside guarntee now cost more than I paid for my balcony. :)

I love it when it actually turns out that booking early paid off.

That is a great feeling, isn't it? I booked early during the first BOGOHO sale for an upcoming Oasis cruise, and prices soon rose so quickly that a JS was priced higher than the OS that I booked. I was very lucky on that one.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

someone asked if anyone got the full 100.00 off per stateroom and I think I can answer yes.

I have 2 staterooms balcony D1 and D2 for FOS , Feb 2016.

I phoned yesterday and now have 93.00 off each stateroom, but that is Canadian so I think that would be 100.00 USA. Hard to say because RCC does not make it easy to figure you currency exchange on their sites.

But something strange happened to me, I posted on about page 3 of this thread that I got 93.00 off 1 stateroom and 200.00 off the other.

Well that is what they told me on phone, I was very happy and even asked the girl why such a big difference and she said something about different categories.

These look identical except for a pull out sofa in one room and probably just a chair or love seat in other. 9300 and 9302

well 5 min. later I received the email with the new reductions and it showed 93.00 on each room, so I phoned again and explained my situation, this new girl says yes she can see the confusion and it was that they could not email out the right documents but she agreed with discounts of 93.00 + 200.00

said I had to talk to resolutions to get them to print the right ones for me, they came on and said no the 93.00 each room in Canadian was the right one. Of course I argued that they made the error on phone and should honor what they told me but I got no where.

So I now have 93.00 off each room.

no, $93 canadian is approximately $75 u.s.

you take the 93 and divide it by the cost of a u.s. dollar, which is about $1.25 candian. so $93 divided by $1.25 = $74.40. still good but not a hundred.

Dumb Question here: There would probably never be a pricedrop on a Cabin that was sold-out correct? Reason asking: I just tried to do a Mock booking for Aug.8 Bermuda, And i see the JS we have is sold out. Thanks Dan

Dumb Question here: There would probably never be a pricedrop on a Cabin that was sold-out correct? Reason asking: I just tried to do a Mock booking for Aug.8 Bermuda, And i see the JS we have is sold out. Thanks Dan

You are correct. However, keep checking as staterooms can come back into inventory.

every cruise I have booked has only gone up not down since I booked it. But that is because I booked them all when the BOGOHO FIRST came out and it was actually a DEAL!!!! Now it is anything but a deal. As long as the BOGOHO is out there, none of my cruise stand a prayer of going down. But I got them all for fabulous prices so I really don't care if they don't go down at this point.

every cruise I have booked has only gone up not down since I booked it. But that is because I booked them all when the BOGOHO FIRST came out and it was actually a DEAL!!!! Now it is anything but a deal. As long as the BOGOHO is out there, none of my cruise stand a prayer of going down. But I got them all for fabulous prices so I really don't care if they don't go down at this point.

That is the important point, as long as you are happy with the prices none of this matters. :)

Saved $150 on our Liberty cruise (JS, Jan 2017) with the new promotion. I won't go into all the billing details, but the new invoice does show the $100 C&A discount and $200 off for Celebrate and Save.

Edited by brewcrew4

You definitely had the right idea. My last "true bogoho" cruise will be here before you know it. It appears we are stuck with "book the best deal you can find and pray for price drops". its nice to see this minor drop for next years cruises. Its give me some hope