Used an old GOLD key?

Anyone ever tried using an old gold key card from a previous cruise to enhance current sailing?

I brought my old gold key on my last cruise to goto the Gold key area for the deck chairs on the FOS. We were the only ones there and it was so windy we decided that once was enough.

On the other hand i never thought to try other places like Labadee like the cabana area. Any one else try and have any luck.

If you are reading this and decide to flame me, that is your choice. I will love you as a fellow cruiser just the same.

There are to many land lovers who never reach there full vacation potential by not enjoying one of todays most fascinating and relaxing experiences, Cruise ships. Hope I can get some past experience form you all.

Thanks,

Leo

I've never tried it. I can say that the one time a few years ago that my and I were in a GS on the Liberty there seemed to be an awful lot of suite guests in those areas. We wanted to try all the 'special areas' on that trip for gold card holders. On a sea day the gold card area of the deck was pretty full with around 30 people. Later at the ice show in the gold card area, we only recognized a handful of the 15 or so people behind the velvet rope. It was also a much older crowd that we'd seen on deck. Then there was yet another largely different group at the theater show the next night.

I don't count the large number of people I saw in Labadee since you can rent the cabanas and not be in a suite, but that was yet another entire group of people I'd not seen before.

FWIW, aside from the reserved deck areas we didn't like the reserved seating very well.

I guess if you want to sit in a 'gold' chair just sit in one and wait until someone chases you off, or just pay for the suite. If you're using it to get into the better buffet lunch at barefoot beach, then you're definitely stealing.

Thanks all,

I'm ending this now, those who have flamed me I am no dummy (maybe, i can not use proper grammar) and expected such.

As far as Good time Cruizn, I apologize. My comments were passionate and should have stayed in my own mind not wound up on an anonymous web site.

To all, good day.

All questions were answered.

When you placed the post surely you weren't expecting a bunch of accolades!

Anyone ever tried using an old gold key card from a previous cruise to enhance current sailing?

I brought my old gold key on my last cruise to goto the Gold key area for the deck chairs on the FOS. We were the only ones there and it was so windy we decided that once was enough.

On the other hand i never thought to try other places like Labadee like the cabana area. Any one else try and have any luck.

If you are reading this and decide to flame me, that is your choice. I will love you as a fellow cruiser just the same.

There are to many land lovers who never reach there full vacation potential by not enjoying one of todays most fascinating and relaxing experiences, Cruise ships. Hope I can get some past experience form you all.

Thanks,

Leo

most of us are honest and don't try and get something not entitled to

I have reached a point in my life, where nothing is 'hard to believe'.

Sorry to say that.....but its' true.

Yep, first some poster wants to know if we reuse our towels and now if anyone has reused their gold seapass card, what's next:p

most of us are honest and don't try and get something not entitled to

What the other person posted is the way criminals think and get started. Not saying the other person is a criminal but possibly they might want to get some counseling.

Edited by Charles4515

OK, I am not trying to go into someone else suite, now what I am asking, is that if you, read closely! have tried to access the suite only perks for instance the lounge chairs or roped off section at the ice show. Nothing as NEFARIOUS entering someones private cabin. Yes, I agree it is against the rules. Something I wouldn't try ever.

If you are referring to my comment, I was being sarcastic. Its a dry humor thing... That's why I followed it with "Seriously...' implying my first comment was not serious... Read more closely with the understanding that this forum is loaded with smart butts like me. I did not assume anyone would really be brash enough to use a room key to try to enter/stay in a room from a previous cruise.

And I read your post close enough. Understood perfectly. Clearly someone is either trolling, or trying to take advantage of perks they don't deserve. Measly little perks like show seating are still perks.

What's a gold card?

That is the color of the SeaPass card given to full suite guests (Grand Suite or better) and Pinnacle C&A members. Other SeaPass card colors are silver for a Junior Suite and light blue for everyone else.

The last time we went to Labadee...with a real gold card... they had a list of names that they matched our card to before letting us in.

Exactly. At Labadee they do check the gold cards closely. I can't believe the OP would 1)attempt this fraud 2)openly post it here.

Thanks,

Leo

No, I would never lie and deceive others to try to get something in life that I wasn't entitled to. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree it is against the rules. Something I wouldn't try ever.

Try again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enjoying this post because on our last cruise, Explorer out of NJ, we tried to get a GS but had to settle with aJS. We had sailed EOS many times and knew it was our last time on her. My DH suggested that we use our gold card from previous sailings, we laughed about it. Of course, never did. But we wished we could have sailed on our last time on our favorite lady in a full suite cabin! And enjoyed the gold card perks.

The sentiment will not be returned.

Hmmm? The things people think of! Anyone got an old Gold card for sale?;):D

Ya' never know, amazing what cruise items people will list on and try to sell on eBay.:D

Ya' never know, amazing what cruise items people will list on and try to sell on eBay.:D

Sure enough; there they are on ebay for $2 a pop. Strangely, blue cards are $2 a piece as well. Why.......