Favorite Food on Celebrity

josephml1

What are you referring to?

I was referring to Murano Lobster Tails. In the Murano Specialty restaurant, they cook it tableside with herbs and butter and sauté it right in your face. It is simply amazing.

(Note: The "Title" of my previous post stated what I was referring to)

There is no title on the app.

Got it.

Sometimes I feel the need to copy the title in the main writing area in case people miss it. Now I know it is a good idea.

Thanks for informing me.

And also, try those Lobster Tails in Murano at some point. Or try them in the food Demo.

There were a lot of great dishes on the ship, but to pick one that's standout I have to say the French Onion soup!

I don't usually get excited for any soup, but I had it in for the first time in Alaska in 2012. Then when we booked a 2013 Celebrity cruise, I was looking forward to that soup the whole year between trips!

Second place was probably the Indian food in the buffet. I had some almost every afternoon. Delicious!

Oh and third place was the pecan(?)-crusted duck breast in Blu. That was actually the only dish in Blu I remember thinking "WOW" all week. I much prefer the MDR options.

Edited by Gig103

Does Celebrity have afternoon Tea with scones?

yes, location may vary from Buffet or AquaSpa cafe, I believe from 4pm to 6pm generally, check the daily for specifics.

There is also a formal tea one day, free for elite members, not sure if others can go. And Michaels club also hosts one for its guests typically.

Does Celebrity have afternoon Tea with scones?

The scones are small and warm and they offer strawberry sauce and whipped cream. They are divine.

Also, if you enjoy a cup of tea, the tea and the brewing pots at the cafe are very fun to try. I had a morning doughnut every day ( I just could not resist.

Just my opinion but I think the pastries at the cafe are far superior to any of the desserts at the buffet or dining room.

The scones are small and warm and they offer strawberry sauce and whipped cream. They are divine.

Also, if you enjoy a cup of tea, the tea and the brewing pots at the cafe are very fun to try. I had a morning doughnut every day ( I just could not resist.

Just my opinion but I think the pastries at the cafe are far superior to any of the desserts at the buffet or dining room.

Which cafe are you referring to?

Which cafe are you referring to?

Cafe al Bacio Edit....located on deck 5 midship adjacent to the Grand Foyer and across from the Gelateria on the Summit. Also remember to enjoy your free scoop of gelato from the Gelateria. The coupon sheet should be in your cabin

Edited by SNJCruisers

yes, location may vary from Buffet or AquaSpa cafe, I believe from 4pm to 6pm generally, check the daily for specifics.

There is also a formal tea one day, free for elite members, not sure if others can go. And Michaels club also hosts one for its guests typically.

Sound great thanks!!!

I agree.......Restaurants, cruise lines, home made......no one makes better creme brûlée than Celebrity....bar none Like you I never tire of it.. One of the times we were on the Connie the chief made guava sorbet a couple of times... Wonderful!!

Our last meal in Murano only last month, Prawn Thermidor followed by Steak Diane which was outstanding, normally followed by Grand Marnier souffle but on this occassion that was too much.

Edited by mickey89

You're killing me here--seven days to get through before we get on a plane for London and almost two weeks before we board the Eclipse as a first time Celebrity passenger.

After months of reading how the food has slipped and "darling, I just wouldn't be caught dead eating in the MDR," I'm super excited to read all these favorites in the MDR, the buffet and even the Mast Grill.

It appears there's a bowl of French onion soup calling my name.

You're killing me here--seven days to get through before we get on a plane for London and almost two weeks before we board the Eclipse as a first time Celebrity passenger.

After months of reading how the food has slipped and "darling, I just wouldn't be caught dead eating in the MDR," I'm super excited to read all these favorites in the MDR, the buffet and even the Mast Grill.

It appears there's a bowl of French onion soup calling my name.

Hi,:) just remember food is VERY subjective.....for those folks who

would not be "caught dead eating in the main dining room"....there are

still some of us who enjoy it. I sailed on Solstice last month to

Alaska....no, I didn't eat it the main dining room all 7 nights but it

was not due to poor food.....rather, I had made other plans. The

evenings I ate in the MDR, I found the food very good:)

MDR: chocolate lava cake on the last night! (Although it was tiny! Ask for two.. I did and easily could have eaten a third! :D)

Qsine: chocolate tombstone! (Wow!)

The Lawn Club Grill: Hot chic chip cookie with ice cream.

Murano: The 7 sharing desserts.

...there's a bit of a theme with my favourites due to my very sweet tooth! The desserts were fantastic! :):)