May I ask this?

cruisetolose

Thanks very much dk for your reply. I appreciated hearing from someone who was on board. I just asked my TA to email me our reservation numbers (2 cabins) so that I

can go into the Celebrity web site and register, etc.

WE are really looking forward to the trip, my daughter is graduating from college and only has a 9 day window to vacation, then on to a solid year of grad school. We are fine with taking precautions etc. and are not overly concerned about it, but I really was feeling pressure to cancel or have it suggested that Celebrity was considering canceling it. Thanks again.

I expect you'll have a wonderful time celebrating your daughter's accomplishment!

Unless your TA can come up with a very legitimate reason for scaring you like he/she did, I would report the Agent to Celebrity. I don't for a minute believe Celebrity would approve of the Agent's actions as you've described to us on this thread.

Edited by BEAV

Thanks very much dk for your reply. I appreciated hearing from someone who was on board. I just asked my TA to email me our reservation numbers (2 cabins) so that I

WE are really looking forward to the trip, my daughter is graduating from college and only has a 9 day window to vacation, then on to a solid year of grad school. We are fine with taking precautions etc. and are not overly concerned about it, but I really was feeling pressure to cancel or have it suggested that Celebrity was considering canceling it. Thanks again.

If you had a reputable travel agent, you would have had your reservation numbers all along. Reputable agents send their clients a copy of the confirmation which contains the reservation number.

This is just hinky all the way around. I agree with someone upstream who suggested contacting Celebrity direct. Since she didn't give you the client portion of the confirmation or even your reservation numbers, possibly she screwed up your booking somehow and is trying to get you to cancel to bury her mistake.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

I don't recall any line canceling a cruise during super storm Sandy. I know Princess rerouted the Bermuda sailing to New England. With this sad if they didn't cancel for a server storm I can't see them canceling for a virus or flu that may or may not happen. I agree with the poster who said they wanted your room for someone else. Apparently they don't know that you are a member of Cruise Critic. They probably moved on to another victim who will fall for the scare tactic. I would think that even though you booked through a TA that Celebrity would have contacted you by phone or email or even posting something on your website account.

This is just hinky all the way around. I agree with someone upstream who suggested contacting Celebrity direct. Since she didn't give you the client portion of the confirmation or even your reservation numbers, possibly she screwed up your booking somehow and is trying to get you to cancel to bury her mistake.

Good call.

Just off cruise yesterday. Everyone healthy that I met. If there was an outbreak, there would have been precautions at the buffet and word of it.

And, I was on the cruise before that -- no problems, whatsoever! :cool:

(Add me to the "Dump that TA, ASAP" vote!)

Wait -- WHAT??? You are scheduled to sail on June 14, today is June 8 -- and your TA hasn't sent you basic info like you reservation numbers? I don't tend to be paranoid, but I wonder if your TA ever made this reservation? Good luck!!!

Now this TA is really looking suspicious.

He/she should have sent you the confirmation with the reservation numbers as soon as you booked the cruise.

Long before now, you should have completed your on-line check in and should already have your express passes (boarding passes) which will also have your reservation numbers.

You also should have received an invoice from the travel agent showing that you are paid in full and have zero remaining balance due.

The invoice should also show your reservation numbers and cabin numbers and the name of the ship and sailing date.

I don't want to alarm you unnecessarily, but for your own peace of mind, unless you have these documents I would suggest that you call Celebrity Cruises directly asap to confirm that you really are booked on this cruise.

The Celebrity agents probably won't be willing to talk to you as soon as they learn that you are using a travel agent, but you can explain that you have a serious problem with the travel agent and need to speak to someone in Resolutions

(1) to verify that Celebrity really has you booked on this cruise and

(2) to confirm that your TA has paid them in full

and

(3) to verify your cabin numbers.

It looks like there is something fishy going on with this TA.

Another significant red flag is that there is no discussion of a flu/virus outbreak or possibility of cancellation on the roll call for this cruise!

If these were real concerns, the other passengers on the cruise would be discussing them.

Please report back here and let us know what you find out.

I hope that Celebrity Cruises reads this thread and is able to step in to help out.

In addition to the above, you should have received your credit card statement (a month or so ago) indicating that your final cruise fare was billed and paid to Celebrity. Please don't tell us that you wrote a check for this cruise. :(

Edited by Iamthesea

PLEASE DO NOT EVER USE THIS TA AGAIN. As others have said, something smells very wrong regarding their dodgy intentions and motives.

Use regular precautions on your trip. Wash your hands. You are going to have a great time...despite your TA.

To the Op, please let us know the outcome of your contact to the agent.

I join others in being concerned about your booking.

I managed both a cruise-only agency and an American Express office long ago, and had several instances arise where disorganized agents forgot steps that resulted in their clients' reservations vanishing. In one case, if the client had not called to ask a minor question, the screw-up would not have come to light in time for me to fix the problem.

It is certainly not the norm for an agent to contact a client and suggest canceling in this manner, as others point out. Best case scenario is you'll get your booking numbers, find your res online, print your documents and boarding passes, sail, have a great time, and never use the agency again.

Possible scenario, the agent failed to make the booking and/or your final payment, and is now scrambling to book you at the original rate and category quoted. You could go into your online credit card statement and see what's been charged (no need to wait for statements to come in the mail once a month.)

Worse case scenario, you never hear from ths agent again and paid by check or cash.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

I have always gotten my reservation within 24 or 48 hours from my TA for any type of trip I've booked (my recent cruise I had it in less than 24 hours) along with an updated statement everytime a payment was made within a day.

I sincerely hope that you haven't been "stiffed" by a TA....

Oh, my, my... 3 posts and no word from yesterday. I truly hope for the best!

To the Op, please let us know the outcome of your contact to the agent.

I join others in being concerned about your booking.

I managed both a cruise-only agency and an American Express office long ago, and had several instances arise where disorganized agents forgot steps that resulted in their clients' reservations vanishing. In one case, if the client had not called to ask a minor question, the screw-up would not have come to light in time for me to fix the problem.

It is certainly not the norm for an agent to contact a client and suggest canceling in this manner, as others point out. Best case scenario is you'll get your booking numbers, find your res online, print your documents and boarding passes, sail, have a great time, and never use the agency again.

Possible scenario, the agent failed to make the booking and/or your final payment, and is now scrambling to book you at the original rate and category quoted. You could go into your online credit card statement and see what's been charged (no need to wait for statements to come in the mail once a month.)

Worse case scenario, you never hear from ths agent again and paid by check or cash.

If the cruise is June 14, final payment should have been made 75 days prior to that which would be around March 31, 2015. They should have that credit card statement already.

Really hope the OP used a credit card and has any and all communications with the TA regarding the trip.

My TA sends me an e-mail the same day I make the reservation with the reservation number (booking ID).

Hope they come back and let us know the outcome.

If the cruise is June 14, final payment should have been made 75 days prior to that which would be around March 31, 2015. They should have that credit card statement already.

Really hope the OP used a credit card and has any and all communications with the TA regarding the trip.

My TA sends me an e-mail the same day I make the reservation with the reservation number (booking ID).

Hope they come back and let us know the outcome.

Some people get the info they need and move on. Some people are trolls. I am not accusing the OP of being a troll, but it happens.

Some people get the info they need and move on. Some people are trolls. I am not accusing the OP of being a troll, but it happens.

Either that or he/she is so wound up trying to get things sorted/investigated, etc that they haven't had time to answer. I would like to know how things went as well.

If the worst has happened the OP is probably too busy trying to salvage some sort of vacation for her family.

Also the TA may be dodging her calls. It may take a couple of days to resolve.

i do hope it works out for her.