Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...what's your choice?

tartana

On our recent Eclipse sailing, they offered a lunch one day in Murano. It was a lunch rather than brunch. I'm not sure what was on the menu.

One tip I can offer:

Celebrity allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. We ask the attendant to empty our fridge and keep them cool in there. While we get ready for dinner, we order a couple of cheese plates from room service and have wine and cheese on our verandah. :D

Yes, the coffee shop (Cafe al Bacio) is open for a quick croissant or something like that.

We like the desserts there and many times we've skipped the desserts on the menu at dinner and have split a piece of carrot cake or something later on in the evening.

They have cookies most of the day too. I may or may not have gotten one or two on my way to the cabin in the afternoon.

They used to have little sandwiches but I haven't seen them lately. :confused:

Hi Claudia:)...Cafe Al Bacio has not served savory items in probably

3 years (or more)....they used to serve both, sweets and savories but

the savory items haven't been there in a long, long time.

So, I take it there are no brunches in the specialty restaurants?

We had a wonderful brunch in Palo on the Disney Magic--I was hoping for something similar.

JoAnn -- 3 weeks til vacation.

The Specialty Restaurants may offer a lunch but there is no brunch

served. You need to check after you board the ship. I had lunch

in Murano on my recent Solstice Cruise and it was lovely:)

They have never offered a brunch in the Specialty Restaurants.

This will be my very first cruise ever. I have researched hours and hours, but there are still some things I wonder about - What is your "norm" for the places you dine for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Is the MDR open for breakfast and lunch as well? Is it always sit down and order from a menu? Is the buffet always open for all 3 meals? Do many people eat in the MDR for the first night dinner? Thanks in advance from a newbie :)

Oh how we wish ya'll were joining us for your first cruise! We have 4 couples already. Anyway :D

We now go to Murano on our first evening on ship, just something we do, but for 25+ yrs went to the MDR.

The MDR is open for breakfast, sit down an order from the menu, as is the buffet, it' a buffet, you know, and room service. We have dinned in a 3 places over the years. Lunch, the Mast grill, one of the speciality restaurants, or yet again, the ever wonderful MDR. Dinner, WOW, such a pleratha :eek: of options.

Our main word of advice is don't try and cram in going to and trying to do everything on your first cruise. You will beat yourself sense less!:D book another, then another:) Spread out the wonderful experiences for close yo 30 years like we have. Please come back and tell us how it was.

EW

I thought that might get your attention...dh needs his waffles but can't get them in BLU!

And that is why I was unimpressed with breakfast in Blu.

I love my waffles, I wait until the cook finishes one and get it right from the waffle iron. :D

Edited by Azulann

Only three meals?:confused:

With a little effort you could easily get in 4.

For Example:

Early breakfast, MDR, room service or Ocean view

Noon Lunch - choice of venues

late afternoon Lunner - Mast Grill or sushi at Ocean view

Dinner - 9ish MDR or specialty

You might be able to squeeze in an ice cream break.

Port days may be more difficult.

You will certainly find your own pace, and there is always food available.

Have fun

Nice, I'm gonna remember that on July 15th.

Thanks.

Thank you all for your great information. We are going on the Constellation. I assume we will go mostly to the buffet for breakfast (or room service if we are leaving early for tours) and the buffet or the poolside grill for lunch (or a spot in port). I just wondered what the choices were. The coffee shop must be open during breakfast hours as well - a muffin or danish with coffee might work for a quick breakfast as well I assume? :)

Tartana;

Your room steward will leave you the daily on your bed the night before or it will be there when you board. It will give you all the hours of operations for all venues check them out and make plans accordingly. More than likely on embarkation day you will have a lunch in the main dining room. Just off the Summit this past Sunday and saw many people in there. Enjoy your cruise!

I eat breakfast either in the buffet or room service in my cabin.

I eat lunch in the buffet, pool grill,or Aqua Spa cafe.

The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Check out your Daily which is delivered to your cabin each evening. It has the hours for all the places to eat on board.

MDR is where I eat dinner . Usually I go to one or two specialty restaurant during a cruise. I have never eaten dinner at the buffet. I might try it next cruise

I remember my first cruise, it is very exciting doing some planing.

Have fun and tell us what you liked about cruising when you return.

This is us exactly.

It's been 4 years since our last cruise...just wondering if you can still order room service off the MDR menu? In the past, after a very long day in port, we loved to have dinner on the balcony in our robes as we enjoyed a quiet evening.

Sea days

Breakfast in the MDR or Cafe' Al Baccio

Lunch in the MDR or the Mast grill.

Dinner in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.

Port days

Breakfast is Room service or Cafe' Al Baccio.

Lunch on shore or the Mast Grill.

Dinner in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.

:D

Someone mentioned that they don't go to the MDR for breakfast because it's too much food. We almost always go there for breakfast because it limits the amount of food we eat. I guess we don't have enough self control at the buffet.

Same here. Plus it is nice to have someone bringing things to you, rather than stand around waiting, watching someone S-l-ow-l-y selecting one chunk of fruit at a time...:D . We always get tables for two and it is peaceful in the MDR, unlike dinner.

I resisted the concept of Specialty Dining early on, but I am a convert to Murano (Ocean Liners on Constellation). The food and service are wonderful, and going adds a lot to each cruise. It's a lot of rich food to eat at 8:30 p.m., though, so book in advance if you want an early dining time.

This will be my very first cruise ever. I have researched hours and hours, but there are still some things I wonder about - What is your "norm" for the places you dine for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Is the MDR open for breakfast and lunch as well? Is it always sit down and order from a menu? Is the buffet always open for all 3 meals? Do many people eat in the MDR for the first night dinner? Thanks in advance from a newbie :)

1)We'll eat in the MDR for breakfast on sea days,the buffet on excursion days & room service if we really look awful from the previous night's activities!

2)The MDR is always open for dinner on the first night. When boarding, the buffet is open for lunch. On Cunard the Grills are always open for lunch on embarkation day. I wonder if that is now the same for Luminae for suite pax on Celabrity.

3)a lot of pax(passengers)will eat in the MDR for dinner the first night, but a lot will dine in the buffet or the "specialty" rest. as well. Have a blast & let us see your review when you get back.

Only three meals?:confused:

With a little effort you could easily get in 4.

For Example:

Early breakfast, MDR, room service or Ocean view

Noon Lunch - choice of venues

late afternoon Lunner - Mast Grill or sushi at Ocean view

Dinner - 9ish MDR or specialty

You might be able to squeeze in an ice cream break.

Port days may be more difficult.

You will certainly find your own pace, and there is always food available.

Have fun

If we all eat lke that, we'll need people to push us around in wheelbarrows.

Welcome to Celebrity cruise lines Tartana!

While cruising, here is where we normally eat:

Breakfast: Oceanview Cafe. We have eaten in the MDR, but the menu is limited and it takes much longer to get served. Once or twice a cruise, we’ll order room service and enjoy our coffee on the balcony

Lunch: Oceanview Cafe or the Mast Grill.

Supper: MDR. We have made many wonderful friends over the years and look forward to supper. We usually will try a speciality restaurant once a cruise to celebrate a special occasion or an anniversary. Our favorite speciality restaurant is the Tuscan Grille.

It's been 4 years since our last cruise...just wondering if you can still order room service off the MDR menu? In the past, after a very long day in port, we loved to have dinner on the balcony in our robes as we enjoyed a quiet evening.

Yes, it is still available at no cost.

We have only been on one 14 day Celebrity Cruise on The Millenium and have another 15 day this winter on The Infinity.

What brought us back:

On the M Class Ships:

The poached egg station at the buffet. Eggs are perfect and made to order. Much better than the dining room.

Café al Bacio - Several trips during the day. Tea with honey and lemon when I caught a cold.

Garlic bread from the pizza station for an aft

ernoon snack.

We tried room service for breakfast on port days twice, but did not like what we ordered, so always headed to the buffet for those poached eggs.

Qsine was fun with new friends one evening. We went to the other fine dining restaurant and loved it (forgot the name)

Enjoy your cruise. Don't over plan. Some nights we headed to the buffet for a small bite because we didn't feel like dressing for dinner.